HUMA REGULATORS VS. FX REGULATORS FOR WILDCAT & STREAMLINE

Well with encouragement from Chuck we started a new attack on the wayward Wildcat of mine we spent almost 10 hours on the phone plus follow up calls. And can now say we have my Wildcat shooting great. I ran a 64 shot string this morning from a single air charge od 250 bar. Reg set to about 140 bar I say that because it was not set from AoA where I bought it in fact it was way off the 140 bar I requested. Chuck is loaning me a gauge to verify my regulator pressure, After getting regulator install instructions and how get it close from Huub at Huma regulators. I was able to get to the real fight which is getting the Wildcat adjusted correctly and let me tell you that is no easy task.
After oh about 35, try's and Chuck's input we finally got it. The major problem was the the probe air transfer hole would not stay lined up over the transfer port. We found out that with just 1/32" of mis alinement you drop 200 fps off the velocity. Using a lot of highly accurate machines like lathes, CNC mills and cnc lathe I was able to bring the multitude tolorences to a manageable level and a procedure that allowed us to get my gun shooting very near to chucks. I now have a great big grin on my face this cold windy day here at 6808 ft above sea level. While the old pro basks in the sun in Florida. I will not go into all of this ordeal because most of you don't have personal cnc machines to alter or make parts that makes this air rifle much more user friendly. These guns are not average end user friendly, if you want to work on your own gun. With a mentor like Chuck this could have ended very differently. I will not argue whether I can get 64 shots at the power level from a single 250 bar charge are not. I know what I did with it today out in the weather here and that is what I know to be true. With that said now I am happy with my tune and the results with Chucks help.
keep you air dry
CH
64 shot. String JSB 25.39 gr 250bar air charge temp 29 deg, wind 15-20 mph alt 6808ft
Av 922.7 fts
high 937
low. 903
SD 9.1
ES 32

"Tomiboy"Do some, or all, of the difficulties, with end user friendliness, come from the mechanical extensions for the trigger and lever action? Or are these unrelated to the issues? I'm just wondering if bullpups are inherently more complicated
Yes, no, they definitely are related, Bullpups need not be overly or inherently, complicated. Especially the Wildcat, as a designed specific as a bull pup. Due to circumstances of this forum, I can not do an Engineering design review of this product. We used to do design reviews on projrcts at HP where I was a senior design engineer before retiring. A term we used on projects that was well designed and was reliable and field serviceable was called a robust design, this is not a robust design. Chuck knows what we went through to get a procedure and parts corrected to make these guns his and mine, field serviceable by the owners.
Keep your air dry.
CH

Reactions: sirk
"CHUCK"I checked the reg pressure with the gauge from my Streamline, and the new Impact gauge, and the new Huma gauge, and the Wika gauge. I filled my air tank to 100 bar on my Wildcat tank gauge and compared that to each of the other gauges...they all read 100 bar but not the Wika. Then I filled my Wildcat tank up to 140 bar and they all read 140 bar except the Wika. So that is as scientific as I am able to get! However I suppose it is possible that all of the other gauges are reading wrong and the Wika is reading right? I ordered a new Wildcat air tank gauge from AOA to do this test but they sent me that little Impact gauge because they were out of the Wildcat gauges. Like you I just want to be 100% sure what the heck my reg pressure truly is...and from a preponderance of the evidence I have to go with what I've got. I know one guy tested a Wika gauge with an expensive digital tester and it was dead on...so maybe I got a faulty one? Wish I could afford a darn reg tester!
All the best, Chuck
it sounds like you are hunting your tail. It is because you have to get as big as possible manometer,

i am using 'glycerin filled pressure gauge 3500psi' with different adaptors for all different pcps.
small diameter one are not good enough/ accurate. and no no need to go digital. once setup, you can just pin plug the hole.

"CHUCK"Hi CH, l will answer your questions first:
The end of the reg with the adjustment screw with the white tape goes in the air tank first is correct.
It does not matter if the breath hole in the reg lines up with the breath hole in the tube.
If you have a .25 caliber rifle I believe Huub would have set the reg at 140 bar if you didn't specify otherwise.
Exactly how did you check the pellet probe transfer port alignment? And barrel transfer port alignment? Did you remove the barrel? And did you loosen the four allen screws and try to move your assembly forwards or back? Did you cock the lever all the way back and then forward with the four screws loose? Did you actually do any of the things I asked you to do? Because from what you say, it sounds to me like you are just relying upon having "marked everything" before you took it apart...which isn't the same. 
I believe you have a either the barrel transfer port or the pellet probe transfer port misaligned - or both - because your gun is acting just like my Streamline with the power adjustment wheel turned down to the low setting, which partially blocks the transfer port hole to limit the amount of air that gets behind the pellet. If it turns out that I am wrong about this, then the only other thing I can think of that could cause a problem like this would be a broken o-ring or delrin washer on the valve pin assembly...I think that is unlikely but not impossible. And I doubt that there is anything wrong with either of your regulators either, at this point I don't believe either of them "took a dump" as you say.

Hi Chuck, The real Wildcat's Sherlock :) 

As you mention int the post about delrin washer on the valve pin assembly (i believe that is A10) .. can i ask :
1. What the purpose of that parts?
2. What will happen if its not assembled together with valve assembly?

I just bought the used .22 wildcat FAC, i see no such part at my valve pin assembly.. 😨😨

thanks

That part is only available on fac versions as drawings says, and its purpose is to keep the valve spring aligned and therefore the valve when sliding over the valve housing. I wouldn't be worried if it's not from factory if you can't see any troubles with your gun. Sometimes fx change little things on their guns and they don't change drawings, maybe that's one of them (Royales have a lot of that examples on their schematics)