HUMA REGULATORS VS. FX REGULATORS FOR WILDCAT & STREAMLINE

"CHUCK"Hi Jibeji,
I am so happy that Mentalist figured out what the problem is! :) OK, so you are almost there...now just turn the hammer spring tension nut out 1/2 turn so it is at 8 1/2 turns in total, then shoot over chronograph and see what is velocity. Then 1/2 turn more out so is set to 8 turns in total, then shoot over chronograph a few shots to see velocity. Keep doing this 1/2 turn at a time all the way down to 6 turns in total. You will see the difference in your velocity numbers, and then you will set the hammer spring nut at the highest velocity. Maybe 7 1/2 turns in is perfect setting for you? But this way you will learn that as you turn the hammer spring nut up little by little the velocity increases...but at a certain point when you turn the nut in more the velocity begins to decrease. At this point turn the nut in and out from there 1/4 turn until you are at the absolute peak of adjustment. 

Then let's say the peak of adjustment setting is too fast for the pellets you want to shoot...for example let's say you're 25.4gr. pellets are going 950 ft/s and you know that is too fast for them to be most accurate, so you look at your notes and see that at a certain setting on the nut you were getting 900 ft/s. So you simply set the hammer spring nut to that setting and shoot over chrony again to confirm velocity.

Next I recommend you shoot about about 50-60 pellets so that your regulator can "settle in"...then shoot over chrony again to make sure you are at the velocity you want, then at that point place a nice fat drop of BLUE LOCTITE or fingernail polish behind edge of the hammer spring nut and let it dry for a few hours/overnight before you shoot any more so the nut does not vibrate in or out on you.

Let us all know how you make out with this... Bonne Chance!
All the best, Chuck
Hi Chuck thanks for all the help. You are an asset to this forum. I checked the breach oring it is in there, but I getting a little puff of air from around the mag. So I'm ordering some to replace it the best I could get from the Huma was 597fps with the 8-1/2 turns in then it would creep down in speed to around120 or so then it would not even clear a pellet from the barrel. Some thing sure isn't right. I put the fx reg back in after cleaning, and lube. Best it would do is 665 fps Es 18 StdDev 7.8 but it did not lockup like the Huma did. That was with 8-1/2 turns in and full 230 bar charge. Something is sure is not right I should see high 700s with reg set at 140bar. Thanks for the offer of the use of a gauge. I don't see I just not sure if would help. It for sure I'm not getting enough presure to the pellet. I am at 6808ft above sea level here but that is not effecting my Kral PB it is running 800 + Troy Hammer tuned it. So???
CH

Chuck
Just check the pellet probe and the 2 c9 grub screws they are good and tight. When I removed the air tube I marked ever thing so I could get it back in alignment. I pretty sure that is all ok as well I used AoAs video for changing orings. One thing I'm having a doughts about is if I got the Huma reg in backwards. The adjuster with the white bar scale goes in first right? That is the way it shown on the install instructtions right? Flat end to the action? That gives you the most room in the plentum. The breath hole in the regulator lines up with the tube breath hole in the tank. If that wrong that could be a problem😎. One other thing what is the factory reg set to pressure wise? The factory reg seams to max at about 5-6 turns in going in 7-8 turns don't seam to increase velocity much at all.
Thank again Chuck
CH

"CHUCK"Hi CH, l will answer your questions first:
The end of the reg with the adjustment screw with the white tape goes in the air tank first is correct.
It does not matter if the breath hole in the reg lines up with the breath hole in the tube.
If you have a .25 caliber rifle I believe Huub would have set the reg at 140 bar if you didn't specify otherwise.

Chuck 
yeah at least I got the regulator in correctly. Yes it is a 25 cal regulator I purchased with the gun. Yes the mark is aligned with the 140 mark. What I did was looked in the breath hole as screwed in the end cap and made sure I saw the first oring pass the hole and that I was directly over the breath hole area.

Exactly how did you check the pellet probe transfer port alignment? And barrel transfer port alignment? Did you remove the barrel? And did you loosen the four allen screws and try to move your assembly forwards or back? Did you cock the lever all the way back and then forward with the four screws loose? Did you actually do any of the things I asked you to do? Because from what you say, it sounds to me like you are just relying upon having "marked everything" before you took it apart...which isn't the same. 

I looked at the probe using my Hawkeyes bore scope, with the barrel installed, I also looked at it through the grubs screw hole that locks the barrel in place. It is straight side to side and no light shows around the breach With bright back lite. No I did not cock the leaver while the barrel supports where lose. When I reassembled the air tube I replaced every thing back on the marks from the factory, I didn't know of any way to verify the factory placement. I also followed the AoA video of how to reassemble the air tube after changing the orings. I used a horazontal rotor table on my mill to find the exact transfer center of the transfer port on the barrel then rotated it 180 dog to the grube screw mark on the brass support. The rotor table is good to +-.002 of a deg. I then scribed cross hair on the brass piece so I can look through the grube screw hole and center the cross hair in the hole before righting the grub screw. Turns out the factory alinement was exact by the way. With an alinement pin it depends on your mark 1 eyeball for alinement. The probe is fully extended and looks to be in alinement. It cocks very smoothly and cocking lever locks into place full, with jus a little pre load on the cocking Rod in the rod guide.
Any other methods you may suggest will be followed to the letter. 

I believe you have a either the barrel transfer port or the pellet probe transfer port misaligned - or both - because your gun is acting just like my Streamline with the power adjustment wheel turned down to the low setting, which partially blocks the transfer port hole to limit the amount of air that gets behind the pellet. If it turns out that I am wrong about this, then the only other thing I can think of that could cause a problem like this would be a broken o-ring or delrin washer on the valve pin assembly...I think that is unlikely but not impossible. And I doubt that there is anything wrong with either of your regulators either, at this point I don't believe either of them "took a dump" as you say.

I sorry if I gave you the impression I was not doing what you suggested. I have a full machine shop at my home, I'm a retired grad engineer , please don't hold that against me I worked my way college at Woodward governor in Ft Collins, Co as a machinist. I have alot metrology tools like mics, dial indicators, bore gauges, I'm just coming up blank on a way to insure the probe is perfectly entered in the breach. The barrel grub screw could be distorting the breach location. I only tighten it to 8 inch/lbs to prevent that, should I lower that torq? I use the wheeler low torq wrench. How ever it has not been calibrated to any national standard. Please give me specific directions on how to insure that the alignment are correct. I have a lot of Natonal Match High Power experience, did all my on gunsmithing, for almost 35 years, but I have 0 experience with PCP guns. I wish I had a set of prints to check every thing against. That way could be sure. Again thank you so much Chuck you are a great help. 
CH
PS
I ll echeck every thing again, I have a print out of your suggestions. Will go through every thing again. It is possible I missed something. If I have, I am true sorry Chuck. I would never not do your suggestions, in any way sir. I you are spending your valuable shooting time helping me.
thank you again.
CH.

Hi Chuck I'm here just taking my time do every thing you asked me check or do. I pulled the breach oring out this morning wil I have barrel out to verify the probe centered over the TP. I have pulled the regulator cleaned it and the air tube again and made sure the tube and regulator are clean and properly lubed. Man really hate to take any thing else apart on this gun but will follow your instructions to make sure the probe if centered. I'm way ahead of you on drilling an indent on the brass barrel support, I did that yesterday. I can't shoot today the wind is blowing so hard my chronograph want hold still and tomorrow don't look much better.. May try shooting in the shop if it don't get any better weather wise. Will let you know when I get every thing back together then tested. You just don't know much I appreciate your help.
stay tuned
CH

Hi Chuck here is my string with 25-30% of the probe be hind the TP. When I center he probe over the TP fully then it will not cock and shoot. The hammer will not stay back. I tried adjusting the trigger, and sliding the barrel bridge forward and back but no joy. Soon what now? Master Obiwan.
CH
Created: 12/09/17 11:53 AM
Description: FX Wildcat HUMA reg 140br, charge 3200#
Notes 1: 
Notes 2: 
Distance to Chrono(FT): 2.00
Ballistic Coefficient: 0.038
Bullet Weight(gr): 25.39
Temp: 58 °F
BP: 23.51 inHg
Altitude: 6808.00
# FPS FT-LBS PF
15 721 29.31 18.31
14 753 31.97 19.12
13 736 30.54 18.69
12 749 31.63 19.02
11 751 31.80 19.07
10 746 31.38 18.94
9 771 33.52 19.58
8 743 31.13 18.86
7 746 31.38 18.94
6 750 31.72 19.04
5 766 33.09 19.45
4 769 33.35 19.52
3 771 33.52 19.58
2 797 35.82 20.24
1 804 36.45 20.41
Average: 758.2 FPS
SD: 21.9 FPS
Min: 721 FPS
Max: 804 FPS
Spread: 83 FPS
Shot/sec: 0.1
True MV: 761 FPS
Group Size (in): 0.00

Sent from my iPad

Well I have just about had it with the FX guns. Fix one thing and something else jumps up and you can not get parts of any kind from over seas or here in the colonies( USofA) so from now on until FX gets a support system in place to get parts and speak with a tech. with in a month of callin I'm moving on to my really fun Benjamin Armada with all the nice Hill part in it and on it. Thanks Chuck for you time but this is just to tedious of a gun to really have fun with and way to delicate for any kind hunting other than back yard pest. So I striped the Hawke scope the Donny Sumo off it put all the factory crap back on it and it is in the safe in very back. I hope I can forget about the 1400. I spent on an FX junker.
Thanks all of youwho took the time out of you shooting to help.
CH

Hi guys,
Just a quick update.
I finally took some time to check the speed with different hammer spring settings and, as usual, you were right!
I now got a constant 275 +/- 0.5 m/s (which is around 900 fps) by unscrewing the nut of approximately one turn before its maximum. :)
Huma rocks! Chuck and Mentalist also rock! Thank you so much for your help.