• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huma Regulator Small Screw's Purpose

I've exhausted on-line sources to find out what this small screw (see photo) is for. It came with my Huma-Air Part #FXA01-19 Wildcat MKII AMP Version replacement regulator.

The screw will thread into the hole on either side of the regulator. However, I can't find any source that tells me why I need this screw. It is not in any install video and it is not in any written instructions.

Does anyone know what this screw is for? 

Thanks!

1595697099_19979566115f1c67cb73e7c2.37154752.jpg

Diff opinion. 1. email Huma might take a day or 3 but they will respond. 2. I have a bunch of Huma regs and have NEVER had a screw with one. 3. And my real opinion, its a 'tool' for inserting/removing the reg from the airtube. You certainly don't need it to adjust the reg setting, but you do need a screw (3mm I think) that you can scrrw in and use as a grab point to pull the reg (if you dont cheat like I do) if you ever need to chage the pressure setting.

Oh, and unless Huma says otherwise or I'm otherwise proven wrong, I would certainly NOT leave it attached to the reg in the reassembled gun.

Diff opinion. 1. email Huma might take a day or 3 but they will respond. 2. I have a bunch of Huma regs and have NEVER had a screw with one. 3. And my real opinion, its a 'tool' for inserting/removing the reg from the airtube. You certainly don't need it to adjust the reg setting, but you do need a screw (3mm I think) that you can scrrw in and use as a grab point to pull the reg (if you dont cheat like I do) if you ever need to chage the pressure setting.

Oh, and unless Huma says otherwise or I'm otherwise proven wrong, I would certainly NOT leave it attached to the reg in the reassembled gun.

Agree it’s there to tie some monofilament line to for removal. Disagree about leaving it installed. Huma says to file a flat in the screw for faster refresh times and to install it 2 turns out from bottomed out. I think it would prevent particulate matter from entering the regulator, only air can pass by the threads. The instructions on using it came with my Marauder regs and each came with that screw.
1595700420_11877940165f1c74c4a66699.10969641.jpg

I received a Huma reg not too long ago and got the screw. I did just as the instructions said (turn it all the way in then back out two turns) and left it in. Haven't had any issues in a couple months of use.

This. Have three Humas. The instructions specifically said to turn all the way in then back out two full turns...leave it in. Using mine in 2260 and prods. Have not had an issue. 

Thanks again for all the replys. I seached Huma-Air website and did finally find the same instructions vdwb posted.

I guess I'm going to go ahead and insert the screw, then back out two turns as described. Seems a little loosey-goosey install and I believe any vibration or abrupt movement of the gun could cause it to turn in or out. Doesn't seem like a good thing but maybe the tube air pressure does something to prevent that from occuring?

The way I understand it is the filtering screw would go in the side that has the BAR markings and adjstment nut. That would put the screw on the gun's air tube side which makes sense to keep debris out. The plenum side would not have the screw but you could always buy a long one and thread into that side to pull the reg back out.

Let me know if I got something wrong here. My spanner wrench with 4mm pins will be here tomorrow via USPS and I'm goig to give a shot at installing it.

Thanks.

That screw does nothing to the reg. The purpose of that screw is you screw it to the brass part facing outside the tube. You then tie a fishing line to the screw. Cut the line long enough to reach outside the tube. The purpose is so when you need to take the reg out you pull the line, which is connected to the screw and the screw connected to the reg so you can pull the whole reg out. That is the only purpose if you don't tie a fishing line to it. Good luck getting the reg out. Gonna be a pain. Also use strong fishing line so it doesn't break when you pull it. I used 80lb braided fishing line on mine.

That screw does nothing to the reg. The purpose of that screw is you screw it to the brass part facing outside the tube. You then tie a fishing line to the screw. Cut the line long enough to reach outside the tube. The purpose is so when you need to take the reg out you pull the line, which is connected to the screw and the screw connected to the reg so you can pull the whole reg out. That is the only purpose if you don't tie a fishing line to it. Good luck getting the reg out. Gonna be a pain. Also use strong fishing line so it doesn't break when you pull it. I used 80lb braided fishing line on mine.

I guess the Huma installation page is full of caca (dodo,poo poo) then?

I guess the Huma installation page is full of caca (dodo,poo poo) then?

Huma says the small screw is use to prevent dust to getting inside the reg. It cover the hole to lets air go into the reg so in a way it would make sense. But it is more to pull the reg out. I remember the old huma manual says use a line tie to the screw so it can be pull out. If you dont do this and stick the reg inside the tube. Its near impossible to take the reg out when you need to.

Went to Home Depot and bought a package of two M3-.5x60mm bolts for $0.70. Now, when I want to pull the reg (if I ever get it installed) I just need to finger thread the bolt on the back of reg and pull. It is long enough that you don't have to fiddle with fishing line and you don't need to leave anything inside the plenum.

I have the little screw in the adjustment nut turned all the way in, then two rotations back out. I'm going to install that way and let you know how things work out.

Thanks

1595899930_8052355705f1f801ac152e8.13985400.jpg