• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huma regulator service interval?

Maybe the M3 screw varies with applications. My Huma instructions for the FX Royale: "Unscrew the M3 screw after you have placed the regulator into the action. The screw is only to pull the reg out and is not needed for the proper functioning of the regulator".
Yeah this statement deals with temporarily using a conventional screw to pull the regulator out of a tube for inspection/adjustment/service/etc. It doesn’t have anything to do with the presence or absence of the grub screw.

Yeah this statement deals with temporarily using a conventional screw to pull the regulator out of a tube for inspection/adjustment/service/etc. It doesn’t have anything to do with the presence or absence of the grub screw.
Okay, I'm confused. Both the previous posts and the FX instructions reference the M3 screw. So, is there an additional small screw that goes in the same threaded hole, and if so, on only some regs? Mine came with the M3 screw on the end, but there was nothing below it, and nothing included that I would refer to as a grub screw.

Possibly, yes. There’s a tradeoff between recovery rate and the benefits Mike and I described, so it may be that the grub screw was deliberately omitted from your regulator. In other words, giving preference to recovery rate above the other factors. And along the lines of what Scott said, that’s more likely the further it is up on the power spectrum…something that uses a lot of air and therefore the reg needs to flow a lot to replenish the plenum inside of 2-3 sec.

With that said, it may also be worth mentioning the grub screw isn’t visible like a typical grub screw used to secure a barrel. Meaning if you haven’t fished for it with a 1.5mm hex key, it may be hiding down in there.

I've searched, and it's not there. Which is fine, as I have a new FX reg that is working great. I had a leak around the outside of the Huma reg, and the O rings sent in the rebuild kit were not thick enough and didn't fix the leak. Maybe FX changed the plenum dimensions, or Huma just sent the wrong rings. Interestingly, the original FX reg, probably 5+ years old, was pure junk. The FX replacement I got after the Huma leak has been great, better than the Huma.
Just my opinion, but it seems if FX had put the same time and money into improving the original Boss/Royale platform instead of chasing the next rainbow, they could have developed a world class rifle. Again just my opinion, which my wife says is always wrong.

Ive owned geeze 40 regulators and have run 20plus humas all the time . I usually when I have a gun down to say replace a oring or remoe a tune I always do strip down clean and new orings and lube washers . If I have a gun with hi sd I always polish washers and shaft and lube
Now for what issues have I had out of say 15 failures? most were orings , maybe 2 seat leaks so very low , I have had more problems with microscopic particle I feel is oring materal clogg the tiny hole where adjustment screw is this is more comon for all I have owned