Tuning Huma Regulator Rebuild Questions

Hi all: Yet another thread on my Marauder .177 rebuild. I tore it down since the regulator no longer worked and I have a couple questions. I have replacement parts on order. 

On the picture below, what would cause the disk to break as I assume it wasn't made this way?

Huma Internals.1619351833.jpg

Second question. Does the belleville spring layout make sense for a low power operation? I want around 1500 PSI for a high shot count, quiet, low FPS tune (715 or so). 

Thirdly (promise is the last...). To avoid any fatigue question on the belleville springs, would you take two of the 4 flat washers out and exchange them for the 2 up front and replace back in the 4 washers stack? My guess would be the two on the left in the photo were under more stress. I also read elsewhere that these should basically last forever, so curious if that is any consideration once I get this put back together. 

Thanks.

Yes Flip the disk over ...

Now here is perhaps a lesson or "Case in Point" on the seat making such an heavy DENT into the seal material * Generally this is what happens when there is NOT A GRUB SCREW in the adjustment bonnet air bleed hole. The regulators spool cycles very quickly w/o the screw in place and reg doses recover faster, but at a cost to beating the seat to death and creating a slowly but ever changing set point until such time seat NO LONGER seals as it should.

The grub screw is a FLOW DAMPER that slows down the motion and recycle speed so seat is not pounded on.

If said regulator had said grub screw in place I would honestly be shocked !

Scott S

Reactions: UCChris
Yes Flip the disk over ...

Now here is perhaps a lesson or "Case in Point" on the seat making such an heavy DENT into the seal material * Generally this is what happens when there is NOT A GRUB SCREW in the adjustment bonnet air bleed hole. The regulators spool cycles very quickly w/o the screw in place and reg doses recover faster, but at a cost to beating the seat to death and creating a slowly but ever changing set point until such time seat NO LONGER seals as it should.

The grub screw is a FLOW DAMPER that slows down the motion and recycle speed so seat is not pounded on.

If said regulator had said grub screw in place I would honestly be shocked !

Scott S

Scott: Are you referring to the M3 screw on top of the set screw on the Huma reg? If so, in my case it was in place but was a well used 5 year old rifle. Not too surprising.