• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Huma Regulator on Benjamin Marauder field and Target

Purchased new air tube for regular mrod from Crossman ($32) including shipping and handling. This was so I could add a Huma xxl regulator to my (Benjamin Marauder Field and Target). Huma makes a Huma Field and Target regulator. ThSway Benjamin designed Marauder Field and Target, it had no room for plenum! New air tube is my fix. Saw some discussion on here about how others wanted to do this but was limited by MFT design with airguage!

Huma has a regulator for the F&T model which I purchased. It replaces the Crosman regulator and fills the same space, but has a nice sized plenum.
I mentioned Huma FT in my post! It does not have the plenum size I wanted! I wasn’t knocking it! I just wanted more ability to tune with The Huma XXL regulator which has considerable bigger plenum! And the only way to get XXL to work was to buy another Air tube which is reasonable from Benjamin! So if anyone wants to do the same this is a cheap fix!!!

Various plenum volumes ranging from 3cc to 160cc, no gains once you hit around 80 cc, and a large diminishing return after 40cc.

This is with a stock .22 cal marauder shooting 18.1gr @ a 2100 psi regulated set point.

Certainly can see where sub 20cc would hinder performance, and sub 10cc much more so.

1698164101185.png

What's a plenum? Seriously. I've always heard this word, but never fully understood what it is or what it does. Thanks.
it is the volume of the air pocket that has went through the regulator and is waiting for the valve to open to push the pellet out the barrel , and when the pressure drops in that given space from firing a shot the regulator opens and replenishes that pocket of air with "hopefully the same pressure " each time you take a shot ! too much plenum and your reg may not cycle consistently per shot , not enough plenum and a lack of power ,

Reactions: davhowrd
Various plenum volumes ranging from 3cc to 160cc, no gains once you hit around 80 cc, and a large diminishing return after 40cc.

This is with a stock .22 cal marauder shooting 18.1gr @ a 2100 psi regulated set point.

Certainly can see where sub 20cc would hinder performance, and sub 10cc much more so.

View attachment 399571
Ahhh good graph. Thank you

Reactions: frankie
it is the volume of the air pocket that has went through the regulator and is waiting for the valve to open to push the pellet out the barrel , and when the pressure drops in that given space from firing a shot the regulator opens and replenishes that pocket of air with "hopefully the same pressure " each time you take a shot ! too much plenum and your reg may not cycle consistently per shot , not enough plenum and a lack of power ,
Okay thank you. That clarifies it well

Reactions: joelayfield