• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX HUMA regulator Gen 3 in FX Crown

Hi everyone,
a time ago I bought from HUMA this regulator for my FX Crown, in version "Low pressure range FX 60-135 Bar (G3)".
When I mounted it to my FX Crown and I set the reg pressure to 65 bar, it started to behave in a very strange way:
- shot (zero time)
- 3 seconds after shot = 50 bar
- 12 seconds after shot = 55 bar
- 2 minutes after shot = 60 bar
- cca 2 hours after shot = 65 bar.......
To be honest, 3 weeks after installation and hundreds test rounds shot, I can't believe that performance of this HUMA reg is such poor. May be it's normal behavior of the reg, I don't know, this is my first experience with Huma regulators, so I can't tell responsibly. Just in comparison with original FX reg, the HUMA reg performance is very poor and unacceptable. Huge creep and unpredictable behavior. Nothing against Huma products at all, just that would be my objective feedback.
O-rings are OK, no further leakage over night. So the creep of something inside HUMA reg would be the problem I believe, because if regulator needs 2 hours for regulation? Come on... BV springs should be also OK, because when I used them in original FX reg, no creep appeared.
At first I thought that I bought a bad piece of the reg, so I contacted HUMA support and described the issue to them. They were so kind that they sent me another reg for free. But believe or not, the behavior of the other one is totaly the same like with the first one :D :D :D I guess it can't be coincidence.
So, at this moment I gave up and I put the orig FX reg back and using my Crown again, just at higher pressure than I wanted to achieve with HUMA reg. But FX reg performance is much more stable and reliable. Sorry saying that HUMA.
Guys, do you have the same or similar experience with HUMA low pressure version of FX Impact/Crown regulator? Or a suggestion what could be wrong and how to fix it?

While Huma specifies it should go as low as 60 bar, it still seems very low pressure to me.
My experience with sub 12's is limited to two BSA's and a Steyr. My two current sub 12 rifles are set at higher pressure, as was my Steyr FT model. I know they're different makes of rifles so reg pressure may not be 1-on-1 relatable. The Steyr (.177) was set around 85 bar (factory), my BSA Goldstar (.177) is set around 80 bar (factory) and my BSA Ultra (.22) is set at 101 bar (Huma reg).
If you want to put the time into it, I'd suggest trying to up the pressure a bit with the Huma and play around with the hammer spring tension.

Last edited:
what i would do: crank the reg close to 100 bar and then get a brass barrel attachent with a transfer hole for sub 12 air riffles. be aware that if you dont have enough
IMG_0116.jpeg
hammer force to open the valve, then valve lock occurs and you get inconsinstencies

I didn't read every word above so forgive me, but that is not typical Huma operation. They usually work great. Some things to check.
1) reg creep should be minimal, is the bleed hole open? What kind of velocities are you getting at 60bar? Consistency?
1) crank the reg up and work your way down might be easier to see what's going on.
3) email Huma and tell them what you're trying to accomplish, they are fantastic people and will offer relevant advice.
4) in a lot of rifles, going from FAC down to 12 lb/ft is not easily done, but with the FX you have control over all the adjustments, so in theory it should work.

I didn't read every word above so forgive me, but that is not typical Huma operation. They usually work great. Some things to check.
1) reg creep should be minimal, is the bleed hole open? What kind of velocities are you getting at 60bar? Consistency?
1) crank the reg up and work your way down might be easier to see what's going on.
3) email Huma and tell them what you're trying to accomplish, they are fantastic people and will offer relevant advice.
4) in a lot of rifles, going from FAC down to 12 lb/ft is not easily done, but with the FX you have control over all the adjustments, so in theory it should work.
Just asking
Not being critical
Wouldn't working down require de-gassing before making each adjustment?
Learning too
Edward