• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huma regulator fitting in an FX Royal 400

Hi everyone.

I've just bought a 2nd hand sub 12fpe FX Royal 400 .177 calibre here in the UK which is the later smooth twist barrel and 3 setting power adjuster model but it doesn't have a regulator fitted (it's also had the factory moderator/shroud removed and replaced with a weihrauch moderator). It's shooting spot on and I'm very happy with the accuracy but I'm thinking of fitting a Huma reg so is it just a case of drilling the 2mm pre-drilled hole by the air gauge all the way through, removing the internal plastic sleeve and then fitting the reg and liner or is there something else that needs doing as well?

​My other air rifles are a Theoben Rapid Mk2 and Impact GSX200 which I'm a lot more use to adjusting and setting up but I have to say I'm plesantly surprised with my new FX.

Thegogg,
I actually did this about two weeks ago....
My gun had a 2mm pilot hole started....found under the pressure gauge (manometer).
I removed the plastic spacer and packed paper towels in the air chamber to prevent aluminum drilling chips from getting deep into the working of the gun....the 2mm drill will follow the pilot hole but I suggest a drill press...
Things to watch for; go very slow and lubricate the drill bit...then be extremely careful inside of that air chamber...no scratching inside or burrs on the new hole...1500 grit paper very lightly near the new hole...remember that at least one oring needs to slide over and past that new exhaust hole and seal the regulated side from the exhaust hole and another oring seals things so the bottle air goes through the regulator and does not leak out the exhaust hole...keep it perfectly smooth so the orings do their job...
Also DO NOT DRY FIRE to degas the gun you will damage the action block around the firing valve...
After the new reg is in I would start shooting with my hammer spring tension backed out to its minimum and work my way in by firing over the crony...

I've seen these videos which are very good but on this video he says the bottle's already empty of air. I'd like to know how to remove a bottle that's full of air without losing all the air as when I loosened the air gauge to bleed some air out it just carried on draining until the bottle was empty, at what stage can the bottle be screwed off safely?

In general the air bottles have a valve the seals the air in once it's screwed out to a point that the valve can close...but it is possible that it stays open or leaks....I degassed the Royale 400 by loosening the pressure gauge slightly to cause a leak...once out of air I discovered that my air bottle did indeed have a valve....so the next time I removed the bottle first then loosened the air gauge...THEN with the hammer tension screw/spring guide taken out of the gun, I used the correctly sized dowel that fit into the hammer and lightly tapped then pushed the valve open...which released the air in the regulated side of the air chamber...no bottle on and air released = a degassed gun.

Hello everyone. 
Can someone with a FX could tell me Measure outside diameter for FX Royale Pressure Regulator ? 

0d9126c6fc52597db8c2e763d9290961.jpg