N/A Huma Regs -- can they handle > 250 bar?

I've got a gun that can handle a 300 bar fill. I don't have a reg tester for the reg that it ships with -- I'm tuning it but . . . guessing with minor incremental changes -- you know - kind of a pia not to mention going through air bleeding it off between changes. I could slap a huma in it that at least has a little piece of paper on it that gives you a reasonable "guess" at what the reg is set to. <-- yeah internal reg in the tube, not externally adjustable.

The subject is the question - can the huma's handle / deal with greater than 250 bar? ( I also own other 300 bar capable guns ... and I rarely fill them to 300 - usually 280-290'ish . . . )

I sent huma an email a couple of days ago but no reply - don't know if language (translation) is an issue or if they just haven't checked their messages

Curious -- thanks guys

-=- jd -=-

I've got a gun that can handle a 300 bar fill. I don't have a reg tester for the reg that it ships with -- I'm tuning it but . . . guessing with minor incremental changes -- you know - kind of a pia not to mention going through air bleeding it off between changes. I could slap a huma in it that at least has a little piece of paper on it that gives you a reasonable "guess" at what the reg is set to. <-- yeah internal reg in the tube, not externally adjustable.

The subject is the question - can the huma's handle / deal with greater than 250 bar? ( I also own other 300 bar capable guns ... and I rarely fill them to 300 - usually 280-290'ish . . . )

I sent huma an email a couple of days ago but no reply - don't know if language (translation) is an issue or if they just haven't checked their messages

Curious -- thanks guys

-=- jd -=-
I alway thought how much pressure a regulator can take was dictated by the type of washers you have as well as the way they are stacked.

Maybe I'm naive, misunderstanding or plain stupid but there's a difference between gun's max fill rating and a regulator's advised setting. My FX Boss is 250bar but reg is set at 160bar for the gun's best performance. Don't think the max fill numbers have ANYTHING to do with where to set regulator. If I'm in error can someone explain?

If the reg was made for a 300 bar airgun, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it can handle the pressure of said gun. My Leshiy 2 is a 300 bar airgun, and i've had no issues with the Huma raptor reg. It was designed for this model after all.
Yeah, but what is the reg setting at? Most likely NOT at 300bar.

Thanks guys. @Gerry52 -- I'd go with misunderstanding of the question ( or I didn't phrase the question right? ). Whatever. I thought I'd seen / read someplace (here or on youtube videos?) that the huma's topped out at 250. Obviously not gonna set a reg that high BUT - can the reg tolerate being in an airtube with greater than 250 bar on the high pressure side of it? The regulated side (160 in your case) -- cool. I'm inclined to go with the theory that if the reg was designed for <X> gun and <X> gun is known to be capable of being filled to 300 bar that it should be able to handle it.

@CharlieF - I did email them per original post. Crickets. You guys are quite chatty (lol) by comparison. I appreciate this chattiness. :)

Reactions: Dairyboy
My second generation Caiman X has a huma regulator, it came with one, and is rated for a 300 bar fill. It says right on the airtube it was tested to 450 bar. I think at least some Huma regulators are OK with 300 bar. As long as you get a regulator that Huma makes for your 300 bar gun, I don't see where there should be any issue.

Thanks guys. @Gerry52 -- I'd go with misunderstanding of the question ( or I didn't phrase the question right? ). Whatever. I thought I'd seen / read someplace (here or on youtube videos?) that the huma's topped out at 250. Obviously not gonna set a reg that high BUT - can the reg tolerate being in an airtube with greater than 250 bar on the high pressure side of it? The regulated side (160 in your case) -- cool. I'm inclined to go with the theory that if the reg was designed for <X> gun and <X> gun is known to be capable of being filled to 300 bar that it should be able to handle it.

@CharlieF - I did email them per original post. Crickets. You guys are quite chatty (lol) by comparison. I appreciate this chattiness. :)
Thanks, I understand & agree. If the reg is designed to be in a 300bar airtube it can handle 300bar, not that it would be SET at 300bar.

I have two Edguns that I had to put Huma’s in. They are 300b guns from the factory so one would assume they are still 300b guns. The Leshiy is the only one that has seen 300b fills for years with the Huma, no problems. Now I have Huma’s in some 250b guns. Can that reg handle 300b? My guess would be yes. I have never been able to detect a difference internally between their 250b and 300b regs. The only thing I would suggest is to make sure your reg has the tiny grub screw that threads into the brass adjustment screw. That grub screw keeps the refresh rate from happening too fast. And that’s what you could be dealing with when you start leaning on a reg with 280+ bar. Or as some guys like to say, bars.

Reactions: jdanvers