Huma reg for kral puncher breaker?

Hello everyone,

I was hoping i could get some info/help, i have a kral puncher breaker in .22 cal but im unsure if the regulator model that HUMA has on they're website will fit both diameters of the airtube as i've heard that one has a lesser diameter.

i also wanted to confirm if in the event that the HUMA reg fit both diameters could i get the .25 cal version to get a bigger plenum and shoot heavier weigh pellets and possibly slugs.

hope someone can help thanks.

The larger diameter air tube is an Evanix unit and only used on the early Kral rifles.Lane has both sizes,you just need to measure your air tubes i.d. I just recently added a Lane regulator to my Puncher Breaker (set at 130 bar,though it Is adjustable.) It's working very well even though it's not broken in all the way. I have enlarged the transfer port from the valve to the barrel and ported my valve.
1573508533_6850448425dc9d5b52742a9.91168499_20191107_112530_HDR.jpg

Excellent line of communication,fast shipping and Easy to install! Under $100 including shipping.

Mike.

Interesting thread. I'm running my .22 puncher breaker unregulated with the original tune from troy I was getting about 36 shots (3 mags) at 42FPE shooting redesigned monsters at 875fps. I've ported everything out from valve internals, TP and barrel and added a stiffer dual spring and I'm shooting 24gr slugs at 960 for probably 20 shots. Still messing with it but hope to get (2) mags at 50FPE with slugs. They have more drag in the barrel than the pellets, i think i could get there with pellets but haven't run a full string yet. Having trouble maxing the spring tension while still having the sear grab when cocking, consistently.

That being said, the gun seems to fall off the "reg" (dropping fps) at 155bar. I'd love to see if the Huma reg could be used and set to 165bar. I have a modded gen2 marauder and FX streamline in .22 for plinking purposes but I'd like to have the PB as a dedicated .22 hunting rig. Dont know if I can get the same power with a reg installed and the FPS spread is about 25fps over all shots.

Mike - can you set your Lane reg to 155bar or higher? what type of FPE are you getting at 130bar?

I've used AVS, NSA, Griffin and some other slugs - the Griffin's are showing great promise - 20gr hollow points are shooting at 960fps accurately with more room to go on the spring, think i could get (3) mags at this speed...

comparing the 20gr slug to the 25gr pellet - the slug that's 5gr lighter has 1FPE less at the muzzle but 6.5FPE more at 90yds and drops less!

hi jeff,

quick question how easy was it to install the lane reg and what size was the plenum that came with it?

thank you

Yoss - I don’t have a regulator in my PB. Thought about it but this is a hunting rig and I like shooting 50FPE, not sure how many shots I get per fill within a 25fps window but it’s at least a 12 shot magazine which is about 6 shots more than I’d typically need.

Just got some griffin hollow slugs at 16/18/20/22/23/24gr. They are shooting hot! 24gr at 960fps! 22gr at 940 out of my marauder too which is much faster than other flat base and cup base slugs out of these guns in similar weights

I went with a Lane reg in my .25 PB.

I get a nice 40 shots, 42fpe, 2.8%ES.

I had a lot of tuning time in valve springs, valve mods, hammer mods....ended up going w/ a twin spring.

(Need to update the video w/ new mods).

I know this is an old post, but nice work. Do you happen to recall the R values (lb/in, kg/cm), or a source for the springs you ended up using? Thanks for sharing the lengths and the other tips. Oddly, your youtube chan shows you have NO videos despite having just watched this one.