• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huma quick fill adapter for FX BOTTLES

Has anyone here tried this?

I bought one filled my 300cc bottle from my Impact Compact and worked as advertised.

I bought from a member here a new from his Impact 300cc bottle and tried filling with the Huma adapter and filled fine but when bleeding the pressure off after filling the bottle would not stop bleeding until all pressure was blead from the tank... installed the tank on my gun filled and was able to dry fire just fine, but when I tried to remove the bottle all air had to bleed out before I could remove.

The pin valve is obviously stuck open. Have any of you experienced this and if so how did you correct? Warranty? Technically a used bottle but only a couple weeks old.

Thanks

Donald

Unscrew the bleed nut as quickly as possible real fast like a hot potato completely unscrew that nut quick as possible if you must. Too slow Unscrew bleed nut of course all the air gonna leak out that's totally normal.

If still leak after bleed fast try unscrew the adapter a little the piercing pin on the adapter might just be a little too long.

If still leak...try hitting it with a rubber mallet While its leaking to unstuck the valve...

If still leak then...last resort!!!

https://youtu.be/pqSgh1Qjepw

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/fx-royale-bottle-check-valve-repair/

Sounds like a permanently attached bottle then if it's not defective with sticky check valve have you already disassembled it to see for sure? You have to do it anyway to fix it.

If you're too scared to take it apart you can just pay $50-$80(depends where you buy from) for a new FX Impact bottle valve assembly to get it to do what you want.

Mark

How many bottles have you filled vs the couple sticking valves?

I think a redesign adapter that depresses the valve pin when screwed in with a check valve in the male foster end would eliminate any problem, that would be just like using the bottle on the gun.

I'm not sure the Huma adapter is the problem but like yourself and if others have problems?

The adapter idea

is great but if damaged valves is the cost? Not good.

Donald

Sounds like a permanently attached bottle then if it's not defective with sticky check valve have you already disassembled it to see for sure? You have to do it anyway to fix it.

If you're too scared to take it apart you can just pay $50-$80(depends where you buy from) for a new FX Impact bottle valve assembly to get it to do what you want.

Hi, in the video he said to use black lock-tight. I could find any black lock-tight on-line. Is he referring to a different brand of thread sealer? Also refers to red lock-tight, thought that would be very difficult to get off again.

Thanks for post this issue, I have the Huma fill adapter. Haven't tried it yet. 

Hi Guys,

We looked into this problem a few years ago when we were asked to produce the same adaptor, and we turned a valve inside out on the first attempt to fill the bottle!

The design of the FX OEM valve does not take kindly to the valve being opened by air pressure alone, and will ultimately unseat the internal parts causing a complete failure of the valve.

The actuating pin valve seats in a polished steel disk that is retained in the valve body with a single o-ring around the perimeter of the disk.

In normal circumstances, i.e. when the valve is installed on the gun, the pin valve is open allowing air to pass freely either way.

If the buddy bottle is removed from the gun, the air pressure inside the buddy bottle keeps the pin valve and the steel disk pressed firmly into the valve body sealing everything up.

However, if you try to use air pressure alone to open the pin valve with the buddy bottle off the gun, then the air pressure acts all over the surface of the disk as well as on the pin, and basically pushes the disk into the valve body and unseats everything. At this point no amount of giggling or tapping or hoping with sort it out, the valve needs to be removed from the buddy bottle and re-assembled. 

All is not lost however, as the valve once removed can be re-assembled quite easily, and usually works absolutely fine again afterwards.

I will try and dig out the pictures that I took of the dismantled valve and post them here for future reference.

As it happens, we have just produced a new filling adaptor that does overcome this problem by opening the valve as it would on the gun, so you ca now fill your buddy bottles off the gun without risking it all..

If I am allowed, I will post a link when they are listed on our website. I am sure that someone will let me know if I'm not allowed to. 

As a side note, our own BEST Fittings design FX Buddy Bottle Compatible Valves are not susceptible to this problem, so the Huma adaptor will work fine on them without risk.

I hope that this helps at least a little..

Regards Richard MD BEST Fittings 👴

You will have to remove and disassemble the valve to put the valve seat back in place, it's easy to do, only problem is you need a spanner wrench or make something to remove the valve from the bottle. I saw a video of someone heating the valve to release the thread locker, however I didn't do this and was able to remove fairly easy using a spanner and soft jawed vice with bike inner tube liner to grip the bottle.

You may or may not need new oring on the valve seat? One I just put the valve seat back in place but the other the oring was cut.

Hope this helps, it's more simple once you get the valve out and disassembled than my explanation sounds.

Donald

Fortunately I have the Saber Tactical degassing set which includes the scanner wrench and nut. Was able to disassemble the tanks and valves. The center pin was stuck open on both and the o rings seemed ok. Unfortunately after re assembly there is still a smaller leak remaining. I suspect that the small o ring is damages somehow. Any good sources and size reference for those small o rings? Is there a solution for this adaptor induced leak issue? Although convenient, I am reluctant to keep using the adaptor. The leaks defeats the convenience 

I have the same fill adapter. STOP USING THE HUMA adapter. It destroyed one of my valves. luckily it was on a new bottle. it worked fine on my older bottle. well no issues yet. I replaced the valve seat and oring a few times and still couldn't get the valve to seal back up. I ended up sending the bottle to FX USA to get repaired. 

the oring is a tiny 4.3x1.5 nbr70 part number 2529, it can only be had from FX from what I have found.

here is link to best fitting fill adapter. it seems this is the proper design fill adapter to stop the valve sticking in the fx bottles.

here is a thread on what the valve consists of inside the valve.  FX valve internals

I have the same fill adapter. STOP USING THE HUMA adapter. It destroyed one of my valves. luckily it was on a new bottle. it worked fine on my older bottle. well no issues yet. I replaced the valve seat and oring a few times and still couldn't get the valve to seal back up. I ended up sending the bottle to FX USA to get repaired. 

the oring is a tiny 4.3x1.5 nbr70 part number 2529, it can only be had from FX from what I have found.

here is link to best fitting fill adapter. it seems this is the proper design fill adapter to stop the valve sticking in the fx bottles.

The FX parts diagram for the bottle itself calls out for a 4.5 x 1.5 duro 70 o-ring for this seal, and can be had along with all the other o rings here-

https://www.oringsandmore.com/metric-buna-o-rings-4-5-x-1-5mm-jis-s5-price-for-50-pcs/

and here is the parts diagram-

https://fxairguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/airbottle-200326.pdf

Inside the FX valve construction there a 4,5x1,5 oring used. This ring is the only part keeping the valve seat in it's correct position. Due to the blast of air, in some occasion, this o-ring can be dislocated causing the valve seat not to close properly. It can be solved as below:

By replacing the red marked factory oring below, with the new o-ring with a different size and hardness what is included with the bottle adapter, the issue is solved and the valve seat will remain perfectly in it's position during use and will seal properly.

Huma-air includes this new model of o-ring with their FX bottle quickfill adapters. So in case it would happen, it can be solved inmediately, or of course you can also replace this o-ring before you start using the quickfill adapter. The size used is 5,5x1,5 FKM

FX bottle valve.1617697652.jpg

If you have any questions about it, don't hessitate to contact our customer service. 

Inside the FX valve construction there a 4,5x1,5 oring used. This ring is the only part keeping the valve seat in it's correct position. Due to the blast of air, in some occasion, this o-ring can be dislocated causing the valve seat not to close properly. It can be solved as below:

By replacing the red marked factory oring below, with the new o-ring with a different size and hardness what is included with the bottle adapter, the issue is solved and the valve seat will remain perfectly in it's position during use and will seal properly.

Huma-air includes this new model of o-ring with their FX bottle quickfill adapters. So in case it would happen, it can be solved inmediately, or of course you can also replace this o-ring before you start using the quickfill adapter. The size used is 5,5x1,5 FKM

View attachment 124209

If you have any questions about it, don't hessitate to contact our customer service.
Will this adapter work on newer M3 valves?

Will this adapter work on newer M3 valves?
Yes, HuMa-Air switched from an M3 to M6 hole for degassing making room for the thicker M3 valvestem. So it will work perfectly. FX also upgraded their valves to a valveseat machined into the steel body since the M3. So no chance of the valveseats getting blown out anymore. A big improvement imho!