Huma Pin Probe??????

Blacksmith;

I also put a Huma pin probe in my Crown II. I had a feeding issue Iith lighter weight slugs from a particular manufacturer, they were difficult to load and felt like the slug or probe was getting stuck. Switching to an Orion the Iguana hunter slug magazine fixed my problem. I think the slugs were getting skewed and not being chambered in line with the bore. Orion's slug magazine fixed the problem for me.

blacksmith,

I had the same issue with the Huma probe and highflow transfer port in my Crown when shooting slighter slugs and most slugs(from a certain manufacturer). Just be a little quicker/more deliberate when closing the bolt and it will chamber fine. Also maybe take the magazine apart and reassemble with less spring pressure.

Reactions: MEC17670
I don't have a Crown, but I do have a .22 Maverick that uses the same magazines. I have used the Huma pin probe with both pellets (RDMs) and slugs (NSA 31.2 gr) and it works perfectly with both... Definitely a better more robust probe than the one that come with the FX Power kit which is fragile and prone to bending. FYI, the NSA pin probe that I have in my .25 Impact slugger is the best of the three.

I haven't had a feeding problem with my Huma probe but I did find that it did not push the slug I was using far enough into the barrel to clear the opening of the transfer port. I Ended up machining one that was a little longer . Now the slug sits just past flush of the end of the transfer port opening. Huma-top one.

0126220729.1644538755.jpg