• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huma Lelya 12 FT/LBS tuning regulator first impressions

So, I’ve just got done playing around with the new Huma 12 ftlbs tuning regulator for the Lelya. Take these results with a pinch of salt, these are first impressions only. 
Caveats:
1. I was using an FX chrony, at very close distances (3-4 feet), and my experience is that the FX is somewhat inconsistent at these distances. 
2. I miscounted shots, so there were a number of “blanks” in my strings. I edited these out, but the air consumption numbers don’t account for these
3. I only had a rough eyeball on starting and finishing pressures using a wikia guage. The Edmu would likely give more accuracy. 
4. I’m in the US, so I’m no beholden to the 12 ft/lbs limit. But I’m a Brit originally, and I do like to keep things in the same ballpark as my people. If I want to go big, I have powder burners for that 😊 Plus most of my airgun shooting is in urban, non-gun friendly territory – so the quieter the better (which is often a challenge with EdGuns!)

With those caveats in mind, my shot string tonight yielded 125 shots, with an average of 585 F.P.S using 15.89 grain JSB’s. Starting pressure was ~200 BAR, and ending pressure was ~60 BAR. The reg was set to 60 BAR using the HUMA reg tester. 
The ES was more than I’d like (~20fps) but for a first outing, it’s quite promising. A significant increase in the shot count, at a velocity that’s more than usable for me. 
Folks in the UK should certainly try this out, as should those that are looking for a large shot count for plinking.

Now I just need to convince @STO to build a moderator insert, like he did for the Leshiy to really quiet this thing down. (Although the mechanical noise is *huge*)

More reasons to love Edgun, 

To the OP,

Did you happen to see what your velocities were like if you left the factory regulator setting and backed the hammer spring tension all the way down? I've not shot mine over screens in that configuration but I've done a bunch of shooting at that tune. I'm running a pressure drop of 1 bar/shot shooting 22 cal 14.3's. Groups at 30 yards (9 shots as I can't count) running under 1/2". Nice thing is with the HST backed down the mechanical noise is much lower.

Thanks for posting the initial performance numbers you are getting with the lower pressure regulator. It is very helpful information.

Sincerely,

Nugria

I played somewhat a while back, but lost my data. My recollection was that while the velocity (and noise) decreased significantly, I wasn’t getting a huge number of shots. Certainly nothing close to the Huma numbers. Might have to put the original reg back in and see. 
But based purely on reg pressure and plenum volume, i would expect the Huma to use much less air at these power levels.