• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huma Impact X?

Don't you think it would be better to first do a lot of shooting with it and monitor the muzzle velocity every now and then? The standard FX impact regulators already allow a very tight extreme spread so replacing it for that reason makes no sense. When the regulator starts to fail you can still make the choice whether you want a HuMa or a replacement FX regulator. Also the regulators in the impact X are more robust than the ones that were used in the previous version of the impact (except the last series of regular impacts)

Immediatelly swapping regulators when buying a new gun only makes sense if you know what you want to achieve. Like for example in the wildcat you can achieve a bigger plenum with a HuMa than with the original FX version and if you know what to do you get different tuning capabilities. In the impact this is not the case because the plenum stays the same size.

Therefore my recommendation: start shooting, and I mean a lot of shooting, check the muzzle velocity regularly and do proper maintenance in time. This will keep your impact in perfect shape and always ready for use.

I’ve got a new impact x 30. Within 5 days I tuned it to 853fps avg with extreme spread of 6 and sd 1 with 14 shots. The second 14 shots were extreme spread 6 n sd 2. As far as I can tell the reg is excellent. Now the manometers are terrible. My bottle manometer reads about 50 bar off. Not sure on my reg manometer. If mine is at all like yours, tune ur hammer to true max n ur reg to about 149 (if mine is reading correctly) and open ur valve all the way. Shoot a mag n see what u get es n sd wise.

Thanks everyone for the replies. So after posting yesterday went and set up in the back yard can only get 25 yards but it works. Set up chronograph 13 shots AV 852FPS SD:5.0 ES:14.8 44.75 JSB. Being hesitant to start moving things. Went on good old YouTube watched Ernest Rowe on adjusting hammer spring to max setting looks easy enough. So off to adjusting ended up at average for 14 shots at 884FPS SD:2.5 ES:8.4 never touched reg it is at about 149. Did adjust valve control knob this were I have a ? Adjusted it out 1/4 turn at a time really didn't change velocity went out quite a bit. So I went back in until velocity dropped adjusted out until I reached my AV of 884 my ?is this the correct way of adjusting the Impact? Grouping very well only shooting 25yards hard to keep them out of the same hole. So bottom line don't think I need a Huma regulator at this time .Man this 30 hits like hammer cant wait for the squirrel's to start popping up. Thanks Bob 

To my understanding if ur shooting the same velocity wide open as u are now then it’s not really doing anything. If u screw it in just enough to lose an avg of 2-4fps then it’s actually stopping the valve travel a hair, keeping you from wasting air. Well. I have messed with mine a lot (not as much as I’d like and eventually will...every time I feel I’m making any progress I get low on pellets). Every time i turn mine in enough to do anything my chrony results get worse. I may be saving air but my es goes from 5-8ish to 15-20ish n my sd goes from 1-3ish to 6-8ish. So I’ve personally been keeping it wide open (at least outside of the 4th mark).