Huma fx slug power tune kit

I,m new to the fx brand and have a ,25 impact m3 for which i have ordered a Huma slug power kit and a Huma v2 transfer port has anyone any experience and or feedback of this set up as from doing research on the forum the similar fx tune slug kit seems to have differing set ups such as don’t install the rubber ball or use a softer spring to get the best out of it, All to me seems a bit confusing i should mention I’m running a slug liner barrel and in standard form getting around 985 fps and 72ft,lbs power with 33.5g jab knockout slugs was hopin to get to around 1030fps,

Thanks

Hi I have the m3 600mm. I am shooting .30cal slugs at 47.5gr and 54.7gr. I was think of going with the huma kit too. I think it's great I am still doing my research on it first. i decided to go with the carbon fiber liner, the .30cal 600mm superior heavy barrel, and the carbon fiber barrel tuner until I decide what will be best for me

Watch "How Much Performance Does A Slug Power Kit Add?" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/w0LSxhxJ-gw

Hope this helps

I have the mk2 25 and I installed the kit as shown with the ball . The thing that I noticed was that the regulator had to be turned down to 110bar and I’m not even close to being maxed out on the hammer spring. I have had the best luck with the nsa 36.2 slugs very easy to tune for and I am getting 940-950fps on max but I shoot mainly on min power @870 with outstanding results as well as max but with more shots between fills. Good luck 

Reactions: golfer70
I have the mk2 25 and I installed the kit as shown with the ball . The thing that I noticed was that the regulator had to be turned down to 110bar and I’m not even close to being maxed out on the hammer spring. I have had the best luck with the nsa 36.2 slugs very easy to tune for and I am getting 940-950fps on max but I shoot mainly on min power @870 with outstanding results as well as max but with more shots between fills. Good luck

This is why i,m finding it confusing, i,m getting around the same speed as you with a very slightly lighter slug so am i right in thinking the power kit doesn’t work ?, And on other threads where results have been posted there all pretty much running higher reg pressure to get more power/faster speeds ??

I tried to understand that too about not using to ball and new spring. I think the reason is the new spring is not as strong as the stock spring. I have watched a few videos on the topic and that's what they say. The ones running the 600mm barrels use the stock spring in order to have Shortier air burst, so it don't effect the slugs when firing. As for the new huma spring people running 700mm, and up barrels would see better gains. the new spring and ball with longer barrels need more air for slugs go thou the barrel of a 700mm or 800mm barrel. The new spring is lighter and would keep more air release for those type of barrels. I guess the longer air burst time without messing with the reg settings, and not putting to much pressure on the gun. I hope help a little. 

I have an m3 700mm in 22 cal and currently set 160 bar on 2nd reg and shooting 31.2gr NSA slug right now at 1010fps and making shots out to 200-250 yards with ease (with weather meter help). You will have to install the whole huma kits except the rubber ball and use the smaller brass hammer if you want to do below 160bar. Heavier hammer is for 175 bar and above. So if you do that set up you should get at least 1045fps at your max but need to be 95-97% of max to be consistence and reliable and I chose 97% because I have 700mm barrel. So whatever speed you decide to shoot just do that math. For example, I want to shoot 31.2 grain at 980fps then I will maxed everything at around (980/.97) 1010fps then tune it down via micro adjustment. If you do that you should see a great result. And of course, every gun is a little different and that needs a little more work via front valve adjustment. Then do a five shot group on paper with only valve adjustment (1/8) of a turn to find the best group then stick with it.