Huma Foster fitting question

Hey all, quick question about this fill valve. This is the first of this style I’ve seen. Can anyone tell me how snug this screw/o-ring combo should be? It is brand new and would not seal, I have changed the oring, but have not reinstalled it yet. This is for a new Huma RTI regulator, which of course is giving me fits, also Covid is currently fogging the heck out of my brain, so probably not the best timing for a reg change. To be clear, it was not holding bottle bottle pressure, as sent.
FD8B6684-7507-4F79-A829-FA1616791C6B.jpeg

That screw adjusts your fill rate. I have a Huma on my RTI and it required some work to get its creep under control. When I took it apart I was surprised at the shoddy machine work in the business end of the spool and immediately knew where my creep was coming from. When you put that foster in, just make it snug. The flow screw, don’t make it snug or bottom it out. Just compress the oring a little when you turn the screw in.

It’s a good reg once you clean it up. Personally I was a little shocked at the scuffs on the brass sealing surface having owned a ton of Huma regs. But I also thought back to my communication with Huub many years ago begging him to make a reg for the then new and crappy regged RTI’s. He finally delivered. I guess they had to see if RTI had staying power in the industry before they committed to building regs for them. Because he finally delivered I’m giving a free pass on those scratches. I just did to it exactly what I’ve been doing to all kinds of regs for many years. Maybe 30 minutes of work for peace of mind. I will say this, with the exception of a Ninja reg, all the bottle regs I’ve used over the years, you just don’t fill them fast.

Roger that, thanks for the support. I’m going to try exercising patience with product as well as myself. Seems a better design in that it doesn’t have the same size restrictions as the factory regs, and the orientation makes more sense. That said, I don’t know much yet about regulators. I’m still a bit intimidated, but slowly picking things up…