• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning HUMA-AIR regulator leaking

I'm not sure what has changed, but when I connect my air bottle or external air supply to my Huma Regulator air hisses out the small home as shown by the red arrow attached. I'm not sure what's changed if anything.

HUMA Air HM1000x fittings and adapters with arrow.jpg

HUMA Air regulator inside view.jpg

I replaced the bonded seal ring between the HUMA 1/8″ BSP male to 1/4″ BSP male adaptor and the regulator with an o-ring as used on the air bottle and that leak stopped. The leak between the HUMA 1/8″ BSP male to 1/4″ BSP male adaptor and HUMA Foster Male to G1/8″ BSP Female Adaptor is very slight and I've reached out to HUMA for a solution.

Link to video of leak.

Doing a mockup setup before heading out for some tuning on my RAW HM1000x I discovered a very slight leak between a HUMA-AIR “1/8" BSP male to 1/4" BSP male adaptor” and a HUMA-AIR “Foster Male to G1/8" BSP Female Adaptor” which I’ve reached out to HUMA-AIR for a solution.

What I confirmed however is the huge disparity between the useless air pressure gauge on the rifle compared to the quality dual air regulator gauges connecting the rifle to the external air supply and HUMA-AIR digital air gauge screwed directly into the RAW action block.

While the low resolution air pressure gauge on the gun showed an approximate intake air pressure near 220 BAR, the HUMA-AIR digital air pressure gauge screwed directly into the action block showed an indicated 161.3 BAR which was very close to the indicated air pressure read on the dual air regulator gauge. That is a difference of roughly 59 BAR or 855.7 PSI. The image of the dual air regulator air pressure gauge is blurry as the point of focus was the digital gauge in the action block.

Cheap air gauges that come on many guns are notorious for their inaccuracy and why in my tuning pursuit of my RAW HM1000x needed to know what the actual air pressure was in the action. The digital air pressure gauge in the action is causing challenges on how to tune the rifle with the action out of the stock, but I have a few ideas not limited to a custom gig/stock to use with my precision Ransom International front and rear rests or shooting from a vice with an adjustable stand.

Once a tune(s) is found for suitable projectiles based on real world precision tests on targets at 50 and 100 yards, I’ll remove the digital air pressure gauge from the action and mount it back into the RAW stock. With the air bottle installed I’ll duplicate the projectile velocity adjusting the adjustable HUMA-AIR regulator to the same indicated pressure during testing and fiddle with the hammer spring tension to match the results when tuning the gun out of the stock.

There may be slight variances due to the change in plenum volume with the HUMA-AIR pressure gauge removed from the action, but I won’t know until I get all this to the range.

I’m not sure if I’ll be able to find a slug tune for this .30 caliber Raw HM1000x, but out of the box with no adjustment I shot 36 shot pellet group at 50 yards under an inch with a 5 to 10 mph wind. Five shot groups at 50 years were on average one-half to three quarters of an inch. As a pellet rifle I’m very happy, just curious what I can get with slugs.

This gun is much to tedious to tune on a regular basis and I’m looking seriously at the new EPIC Two and the feedback from new owners. It has some exceptional features and is designed to shoot slugs exceptionally well with the LW barrel.

Huma and Air Pressure gauges_ (1).jpg

Huma and Air Pressure gauges_ (3).jpg

Huma and Air Pressure gauges_ (2).jpg

What I confirmed however is the huge disparity between the useless air pressure gauge on the rifle compared to the quality dual air regulator gauges connecting the rifle to the external air supply and HUMA-AIR digital air gauge screwed directly into the RAW action block.

While the low resolution air pressure gauge on the gun showed an approximate intake air pressure near 220 BAR, the HUMA-AIR digital air pressure gauge screwed directly into the action block showed an indicated 161.3 BAR which was very close to the indicated air pressure read on the dual air regulator gauge. That is a difference of roughly 59 BAR or 855.7 PSI. The image of the dual air regulator air pressure gauge is blurry as the point of focus was the digital gauge in the action block.

Cheap air gauges that come on many guns are notorious for their inaccuracy and why in my tuning pursuit of my RAW H:pM1000x needed to know what the actual air pressure was in the action. The digital air pressure gauge in the action is causing challenges on how to tune the rifle with the action out of the stock, but I have a few ideas not limited to a custom gig/stock to use with my precision Ransom International front and rear rests or shooting from a vice with an adjustable stand.

View attachment 427969

View attachment 427970
Yeah, all (3) of my RAW HM1000x's read about 50 bar under what my compressor shows :oops:.
Kinda ridiculous, but when one of mine failed, I couldn't find a better quality one that was reasonable & would fit unless I did other mods to the stock. Somebody likely does sell one, but it ain't worth the high price .... so I bought another from Martin - it reads 50 bar low too:whistle:.

Yeah, all (3) of my RAW HM1000x's read about 50 bar under what my compressor shows :oops:.
Kinda ridiculous, but when one of mine failed, I couldn't find a better quality one that was reasonable & would fit unless I did other mods to the stock. Somebody likely does sell one, but it ain't worth the high price .... so I bought another from Martin - it reads 50 bar low too:whistle:.
I've ordered from HUMA a "Sekhmet Digital Mini Pressure Gauge 25 mm. Black G1/8 BSP Threads 300 Bar" that should fit into the OEM stock cut out vs the 28mm gauges. HUMA says it is on back order. Details https://huma-air.com/sekhmet-digita...-mm-black-g1-8-bsp-threads-400-bar-60222-009/

So the basic gun is not leaking, just your testing set-up - Right?

Replace whatever seal/connection is responsible for the leak - there has to be an o-ring.
Once I replace the bonded seal (right red arrow) with an o-ring, that leaked stopped. However, the small o-ring inside end adapter that connects to my quick release external air hose leaks where the left red arrow is pointing.

I’ve asked HUMA-AIR what they suggest as the adapter seems to be resting against the other adapter and NOT allowing the inside seal to make a sufficient seal. I’ll see what HUMA suggests before I start my own creative ideas.

No the gun is NOT leaking.

Huma Air adapter external air supply leak with arrow.jpg

I've ordered from HUMA a "Sekhmet Digital Mini Pressure Gauge 25 mm. Black G1/8 BSP Threads 300 Bar" that should fit into the OEM stock cut out vs the 28mm gauges. HUMA says it is on back order. Details https://huma-air.com/sekhmet-digita...-mm-black-g1-8-bsp-threads-400-bar-60222-009/
Hey BK,
I'd get the outside dimensions of the gauge, because unless it's the size of the petite RAW gauge, it will hit the stock.
I wasn't willing to modify the stock on my gun, when my compressor gives me accurate numbers.
The RAW gauges are consistently 50 bar low. Knowing where the gauge points - you'd think they could just adjust the scale and it would read correctly?

This is likely a safety feature so folks don't blow up their gun o_O .

Hey BK,
I'd get the outside dimensions of the gauge, because unless it's the size of the petite RAW gauge, it will hit the stock.
I wasn't willing to modify the stock on my gun, when my compressor gives me accurate numbers.
The RAW gauges are consistently 50 bar low. Knowing where the gauge points - you'd think they could just adjust the scale and it would read correctly?

This is likely a safety feature so folks don't blow up their gun o_O .
I'll let you know if the 25mm gauge will fit, it will be very close. The gauge is on backorder.