Huma-Air FX Crown Trigger

However, adjusting it properly can drive a guy to go mental.
Hi there,

Indeed been hearing some of such testimonies from guys trying their best with setting that trigger but eventually despaired because of their getting nowhere.

For some time had been planning to install one myself in my MkII but since my experience with that kinda triggers equals naught -and after hearing the 'warnings'- my standard factory Crown trigger is still testing my nerves. Every time i ve been shooting ‘the old Streamline’ for a while and subsequently putting the Crown on the table, it invariably takes me at least half an hour to get my finger ‘adjusting’ to the Crown’s factory trigger. And even then still it takes all my focus to keep groupings 'reasonable'.

Have you yourself adjusted such FX Match grade trigger in a Crown yet ?

I bought the Boss match trigger and installed it on my Royale. After an extended adjustment exercise, I finally got it to an acceptable adjustment for bench use. The first stage is extremely light, to the extent of not really being very useful. The let off can be adjusted to a crisp, light release, well suited for bench use. Since my Royale is mostly a plinker/pesting rifle, I didn't find the match trigger to be appropriate, and re-installed the stock trigger. Although I find the FX trigger design rather bizarre, it works well enough. My stock trigger has a release weight of around 9 ounces, with 5 ounces at the first stage stop, so a nice, all around trigger. As with much of the FX stuff, I found this match trigger to be a rather complicated, fragile design. If you want a light pull trigger, strictly for bench or other target application, you might find it appealing. Given the odd design of the basic trigger, I suppose this is not a bad attempt at a match trigger. But I can't help thinking, something about a silk purse and a sow's ear.

The best I got on my Crown is 10 oz. I got the trigger today just parts in a bag. If anyone has pictures of a boss trigger could you please post pictures for a starting point. Contacted Huma for instructions too.
Yeah, one would think, by now they would have developed a set of basic instructions. When I was adjusting mine, I believe the parts drawing for the Boss on the FX site was of some help. I think Ernest Rowe has a video on his site of adjusting the Boss trigger. I found that it took considerable trial and error to get it done, and I'm reasonably adept at this kind of thing. I know that many folks have found it frustrating. Good luck.

Hi there,

Indeed been hearing some of such testimonies from guys trying their best with setting that trigger but eventually despaired because of their getting nowhere.

For some time had been planning to install one myself in my MkII but since my experience with that kinda triggers equals naught -and after hearing the 'warnings'- my standard factory Crown trigger is still testing my nerves. Every time i ve been shooting ‘the old Streamline’ for a while and subsequently putting the Crown on the table, it invariably takes me at least half an hour to get my finger ‘adjusting’ to the Crown’s factory trigger. And even then still it takes all my focus to keep groupings 'reasonable'.

Have you yourself adjusted such FX Match grade trigger in a Crown yet ?
Yes, it is about the same as adjusting a Boss trigger.
I am planning to install one on my brand new Crown GRS.
If I can find the time I'll give it a try to make a tutorial how to adjust it. (But first I have to buy one of course😜)
Even with pictures it won't be simple, it is all about feeling and knowing which set screw to turn and how much.

Reactions: Ex.Magnum
Yes, it is about the same as adjusting a Boss trigger.
I am planning to install one on my brand new Crown GRS.
If I can find the time I'll give it a try to make a tutorial how to adjust it. (But first I have to buy one of course😜)
Even with pictures it won't be simple, it is all about feeling and knowing which set screw to turn and how much.
The Boss trigger housing screws to the bottom of the Crown receiver. I bet it won't fit the GRS stock without getting it inleted. I had to get my Saber Tactical stock milled to allow using the Boss trigger with my Crown.

The Boss trigger housing screws to the bottom of the Crown receiver. I bet it won't fit the GRS stock without getting it inleted. I had to get my Saber Tactical stock milled to allow using the Boss trigger with my Crown.
Maybe not. My Royale stock accepted it without any stock work. And a good thing, since after messing with it a week or so, I went back to the standard trigger.

You might be right, but otherwise I'll just mill down the stock a bit, not a big deal to me😉
I'll take it apart this week and report here if there is clearance.