• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Huma Air First Impression

I needed to replace a regulator so I began exploring my options and decided to go to the source. Initially I messaged Huma Air to describe my issue in order to receive guidance on how to proceed in shopping for a replacement as there were several options. Communication was tough. It seems that the person on the other end didn’t have a great command of the English language, so my more detailed questions went unanswered. However, in time I was able to obtain the information that I needed on my own.

Once I knew exactly what to purchase, everything went smoothly when ordering from their website and communicating via email. I was surprised at how fast the items shipped. I have yet to use all of the products that I ordered, but if something is bad or outstanding hopefully I’ll remember to update this post. Just know that you’ll be paying in Euros so be mindful of the conversion rate(s) and you may have fees if you don’t have credit cards with no foreign transaction fee. I also noticed that PayPal was using a higher exchange rate than was posted elsewhere online at the time that I placed my order (which would have cost me me more had I used the service). 

I placed a handful of airgun related orders last week. All on same day. Based on email time stamps my order from Huma was the last one ordered and according to subsequent notifications was the last one to ship.

But the Huma order is already here and the others from the lower 48 are still in transit.

Everything was packed well and a Huma pen was included. Haven't installed anything yet.

Very impressed.

I seemed to have reached a hurdle in resolving recent issues I’ve encountered as first-time customer shopping with @Huma-Air. My initial contact with a customer service representative has ceased as this person has become unresponsive. I was unable to get answers to multiple questions. Some were completely ignored, others were addressed when I inquired about the representative’s knowledge of Huma-Air products. He admitted that he lacked knowledge about many of their products. I then asked to be connected with an employee with knowledge of the products I am having issue with and I was referred to an unnamed technician. Consequently, I have initiated contact with another department. When I asked to be connected with a supervisor I received no response. I will update this thread with progress until a resolution is reached. 

I am in no way attempting to defame any individuals or this company. I am simply recounting my experience in doing business with @Huma-Air so that AGN members and readers considering doing business with this company can have a realistic and reasonable expectation of what they may encounter. 

I think a reasonable resolution has been reached. After communicating with @Huma-Air tech support I was offered a partial refund and a couple of small parts to assist my efforts in lieu of an item I was led to believe that I could use that turned out to be useless for my application. 

Here’s the situation. I have been having an issue with a regulator. As a result I purchased a rebuild kit, a new reg, and a reg tester. I read posts, sent messages to various people, and read information on AGN, Huma-Air website, as well as other sites. When I was confident I had obtained an adequate amount of information I placed an order for the aforementioned items. When I received my reg tester my regulator didn’t fit inside of the tester (see pic below).

315C918D-96FE-4E7E-8102-9A79C790FD85.1646246020.jpeg

My rifle was advertised as a “Huma regulated” airgun as is evident by the print on breech block. I was told that the Brocock Bantam Sniper HR “…regulator is our design but for an OEM part from Brocock…” In other words Huma-Air does not make a tester for this reg because the reg is a collaborative effort between Brocock and Huma-Air (or so I inferred from the response I received). Apparently I can get by using alternative methods to test my reg thanks to technical support.
305B036B-6836-4EF4-B722-A1E1101323A9.1646247663.jpeg

There was a list of guns the reg tester was advertised as incompatible with; initially mine was not on the list (as seen below).
B8CDA695-7318-45E2-AE0D-22C7060F3D3E.1646245949.jpeg

Consequently, Huma-Air later changed the webpage to add my rifle to help other avoid any confusion in the future (see photo below).

63840B35-D06A-4F85-8861-502C03F1AA15.1646247597.jpeg

For this I was issued a partial refund. The other issues were technical questions that were easily answered in a series of emails by tech support. They also sent me a couple of other parts that I did not ask for, but may need. 

All-in-all the process of obtaining what I needed was a bit lengthy, but I got it. It was tough for me to get the information I sought via WhatsApp. I assume a customer service rep fielded those messages as well. If you can’t get the information you need from customer service, contact Huma-Air tech support. I think a little patience is necessary when dealing with foreign companies because there may be somewhat of a language barrier or they could have a different way of doing business. I should also I note the time difference. I found it best to communicaue via email between 1:30am - 4:30am CST. I didn’t see their office hours posted on their site. Considering these things, I didn’t want to jump to any hasty conclusions about the company based upon my initial experience without doing my due diligence. 

This has been my honest impression from my first-time shopping with Huma-Air. I will be satisfied once my refund is processed and parts arrive. If they do as they said they would, I would not mind shopping with them in the future.

Conclusion: Ordering from Huma-Air is as simple as ordering from most other online retailers. Their site layout is user friendly and pretty well organized. I advise customers to know what they need before visiting the site, especially when it comes to size specific items like parts and fittings. I suggest that you get satisfactory answers to all of your questions before shopping. Obtaining answers to all of your questions from Huma-Air staff may take some time, effort and persistence. Once you determine what to buy, I’m confident that you will receive quality goods. They ship fairly swiftly as well. I would shop with Huma-Air in the future to purchase Huma-Air products, especially their regulators. 

As far as resolving issues with them, it was somewhat of a lengthy process. Other than the time difference, I went through the motions dealing with customer service before being connected with knowledgeable staff just as I’ve encountered with other businesses. The process was not too different from dealing with many other online retailers. I should also note that I was told they were short staffed due to COVID at the time. I assume this also contributed to a longer resolution process. In the end they offered me a partial refund (which I thought was fair), it processed, and they shipped me some necessary parts to better assist me in my repairs. I believe that Huma-Air opted to compensate me for the miscommunication and inconvenience. From this experience I am under the impression that the customer matters and Huma-Air strives to deliver quality products and services to their customers. Knowing this, if the need arises I would shop with them again in the future. 

Edited as of 03/11/22 parts arrived just as the Huma-Air tech support rep said they would. They actually sent parts I wasn’t even expecting. I’m actually impressed at this level of service.