• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huggett FX Wildcat Dedicated Shroud

To me the Huggett shroud/moderators are functional & kind of expensive eye candy. I have one on an Impact and one on a WC Mk3 so although I called them what I did in the first sentence, I still purchased them.

They are pleasantly quiet to shoot and nicely made & finished. IIRC when I installed them I was kind of surprised that they did not reduce the OAL of the gun more as compared to the OEM shroud + moderator. Maybe only in the 1/2" range.

So if the first one seemed like kind of expensive eye candy, why did I buy a second one for a different gun? Well nice Huggett moderators are pretty expensive too, and purchasing the moderated shroud wasn't too much more $$$.

So to directly answer your question, since you already have a Huggett and it is quiet enough for you, then no, the moderated shroud is likely not worth the money. Won't significantly reduce the OAL of your WC (unless the Huggett you have is one of the really long ones). They do look good though...