Hugget vs. Neil clague what's the difference

Neil Clague makes each one custom based on what the customer asks for so one NC LDC will not perform identically to another (which makes direct comparisons difficult). They won't look the same either. My NC LDC is carbon fiber with polished aluminum end caps and looks very stylish. I have seen others that are aluminum tubes with black paint.

I believe NC uses K baffles while the Hugget uses a less sophisticated hair curler design from what I've seen. 

The LDC NC made for me was noticeably more effective than the Huggett I tried but it was for a powerful air rifle and Huggetts don't have the volume for that. 

For me, if a 22 cal air gun came with a Huggett, it would probably be sufficient for me. If I was going to buy an aftermarket once and had the time to wait, I would get NC to make me another custom one. The quality and metal work is excellent and you just don't get that on mass-produced products. 

I think Huggetts are over-priced in comparison to what you get with NC but they are effective on lower power air guns. Then again, the $80 shroud extensions that Wild West sells are effective on lower power air guns. 

Huggett has the advantage of being available right now vs waiting a month for a custom job. 

There is a big difference between the Clague, Hugget, and Donny Fl moderators...I currently have three Huggetts and one DonnyFL Sumo, and I was unfortunate enough to have purchased a Clague in the distant past. Of the three, the DonnyFl is the quietest, but the Huggetts are almost as quiet. Both the DonnyFL and the Huggetts are designed and machined perfectly. I like the looks of my Sumo, but I also like the looks of my Huggetts with the smaller diameter profile and rear vents. Both are really amazing and may be completely disassembled for cleaning.

Regarding the Clague? They are glued together with two part epoxy and can only be disassembled by heating them with a torch until it releases, and then when you see what is inside you will laugh! I think they are a poor substitute that cost about as much as the really good ones do. If you have a problem with it he will not allow you to return it for a refund claiming that his website clearly states that "Because each LDC/shroud is custom made to order, I do not offer refunds/cancellations on orders once payment has been made."

Best regards, Chuck

Regarding the Clague? They are glued together with two part epoxy and can only be disassembled by heating them with a torch until it releases, and then when you see what is inside you will laugh! I think they are a poor substitute that cost about as much as the really good ones do. If you have a problem with it he will not allow you to return it for a refund claiming that his website clearly states that "Because each LDC/shroud is custom made to order, I do not offer refunds/cancellations on orders once payment has been made.

So what is inside a Neil Clague vs others?