• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Anyone got any tips to minimize jams? I've had 3 since I bought it, and I don't even shoot it all that much currently due to the weather here. So I haven't even put that many rounds through it. With every jam it always gets lunged between the mag and the start of the barrel. I checked the barrel/mag alignment when I cleared the last jam, and it seems to be in order. It happened with 3 different types of ammo now. Zan .254 slugs, JSB King and JSB King Heavy. I have the V1 btw.
I guess you meant Zan .253 slugs, not .254.

Did you check the alignment for every chamber or only 1 or 2?
I would check all 17 if you haven't done that.

is there anyone shooting CPHP'S In their GK1 ?, I have not yet , i have 9000 pellets , i mentioned it to Kelly @ krazy kool when i was purchasing it & he turned my Gk1 up some , & said on papers i received , that it was doing 900 fps , i have only shot 2 mags thru it & they were jsb 18's, decided i am not shooting it till i receive the stock from a slow boat from China.., cause i am a terrible pistol shooter.

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
is there anyone shooting CPHP'S In their GK1 ?, I have not yet , i have 9000 pellets , i mentioned it to Kelly @ krazy kool when i was purchasing it & he turned my Gk1 up some , & said on papers i received , that it was doing 900 fps , i have only shot 2 mags thru it & they were jsb 18's, decided i am not shooting it till i receive the stock from a slow boat from China.., cause i am a terrible pistol shooter.
All I can say is that in the past shooting the Crosman 14.3gr out of several Korean powerhouses I got great results

Reactions: RAMJET66
Anyone got any tips to minimize jams? I've had 3 since I bought it, and I don't even shoot it all that much currently due to the weather here. So I haven't even put that many rounds through it. With every jam it always gets lunged between the mag and the start of the barrel. I checked the barrel/mag alignment when I cleared the last jam, and it seems to be in order. It happened with 3 different types of ammo now. Zan .254 slugs, JSB King and JSB King Heavy. I have the V1 btw.
What are your power settings on? Are you trying to get a high shot count? It may be set too low to cycle correctly. I've never heard of anyone getting jams set on higher power, only on low power or low air. (Other than mechanical jams from moving projectile's sliding forward in the magazine that is.)

What are your power settings on? Are you trying to get a high shot count? It may be set too low to cycle correctly. I've never heard of anyone getting jams set on higher power, only on low power or low air. (Other than mechanical jams from moving projectile's sliding forward in the magazine that is.)
Good point I always had it at high powers and never had a jam.

Not at full power, but still relatively high. Approx 60fpe. I tuned so that I get exactly one full mag (17 shots in .25) from a 300bar fill down to 160bar. Since my compressor and handpump only go up to 300bar.

Reactions: RAMJET66
I ordered my "5KU JMAC Style SS-8 Folding Buttplate Stock" from Redwolf (airsoft outfit). The order was just little shy of USD62. This one is all aluminum construction and solid. It is more solid than the factory one on my Brocock Ranger XR in terms of having no play because the stock is a single piece of milled aluminum.
That is the one I got too. I paid $64 USD from jkarmy. I really really like it! It locks up fairly solid.

EDIT I got the SS-8R - it rises a little bit but doesn't need to. the SS-8 is probably the better choice for this - I ended up having to drop it down by putting it on all the lowest connectors, and using a QD bridge that m0istone pointed out. Now it is also a QD stock!

Billy came to shoot at my work this morning,

His standard clocked at 84 FPE :oops::oops:

the shorty at 64 FPE but still a lot of power adjustment left

The shorty just handle fantastic, I think it's lighter them my Glock 19

SAM_0040.JPG
SAM_0043.JPG
SAM_0039.JPG
SAM_0044.JPG

I really love the looks of the shorty and amazed that it only loses 30~ fps and 5 shots or so according to Krazy Kool. Definitely on my radar!

-Matt
Yeah the Huben pistol is just phenomenal in so many aspects.

My plan for the shorty is to tune her to shoot the EunJin 43gr at 800 fps or 60 FPE.
The current pistol I have that will be turned into a Mini-Carbine shoots them EunJin at 870 fps or 72 FPE.

• Wow
Reactions: JaceSpace1369
I assume with the shorty a .22 is better due to the smaller air tank? How many shots can you get out of a shorty with pellets at a good speed say 800 FPS?
I'm sure that with the .22 and shooting 18gr at 800 fps or 26 FPE you will get a fair amount of shots.

With my standard .25 shooting 43gr at 870 fps I get 6 great shots and couple usable ones so with the shorty shooting the 43gr at 800 fps I hope for 6 good shots.

Shorty in Da house !!!!....and it's a beauty.

This one looks a bit different then the other shorties you have seen around.

Many, many thanks to Kelly for making the conversion exactly how I asked and for setting the trigger at 2 # like he did to my other Pistol,.....Just ask Billy how sweet it is and how jealous he is :D :D