• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

IMG_20240203_122744.jpg

For those who have problems finding a 7mm allen key to remove the front cap, here's a free 3d one.

Reactions: Bernie7 and MrP
I have said this before and I will say this again one more time. HPA is the most expensive element of this sport. It represents a MUCH, MUCH larger cost, including guns, than any other related expense. I shoot at least 1 and often more magazines everyday. I use a 12 liter CF bottle to recharge my guns. I recharge the 12 liter bottle when the pressure drops to about 270 bar. That happens once a week. I use a Bauer 80 liter a minute 4 cylinder compressor to charge the 12 bottle. It takes about 10 minutes to charge the bottle back to 300 bar. I do not believe a dedicated air gun shooter can get by with a cheap Chinese compressor. I believe everybody will eventually migrate to the pro equipment simply because its pain free and less expensive in the long run. Buy once, cry once.

I have said this before and I will say this again one more time. HPA is the most expensive element of this sport. It represents a MUCH, MUCH larger cost, including guns, than any other related expense. I shoot at least 1 and often more magazines everyday. I use a 12 liter CF bottle to recharge my guns. I recharge the 12 liter bottle when the pressure drops to about 270 bar. That happens once a week. I use a Bauer 80 liter a minute 4 cylinder compressor to charge the 12 bottle. It takes about 10 minutes to charge the bottle back to 300 bar. I do not believe a dedicated air gun shooter can get by with a cheap Chinese compressor. I believe everybody will eventually migrate to the pro equipment simply because its pain free and less expensive in the long run. Buy once, cry once.
Well I guess I'm not a dedicated airgunner then since I've gone almost 2 decades with pretty much handpumps only,....I had a Nomad II for a bit but used it sparsely and eventually sold it.

Running 4 handpumps at the moment.

My pumps are both rated 4500 psi but they still fill to 5000

Well, I can get mine up to about 4200 psi, but it takes two fill sessions. This is a new pump. When I fill from 210 bar or so I cannot depress the plunger once i get to 280 bar. I weigh about 175 I also put on a backpack with 20 pounds in it that did not make a noticeable difference.

If I bleed the air and then pump more air into it, i can get to 305 bar.

I wish someone could point me to a specific cheap pump that was easier to pump than this one (perhaps a lower swept volume, for example). I know I can always purchase and return until I find one, but that is a bit of a headache. I have one other functioning old pump but it’s slightly harder to use.

By the way, I just have an empty aluminum ldc shell (1” x 4”) on the end of my gk1 and it is nice and quiet at ~ 40 fpe. I’ve never shot it without this on the end… I took it off today just to check - I didn’t realize what a good job the can was doing because this thing made quite a crack! I knew it would be loud, but I didn’t realize how effective a simple empty tube could be.

I would love to see how a well designed professionally made one would work but I don’t see myself spending $90 on one when this works so well. Not sure what power level it will stop being useful but for now, I’m just keeping it around 40FPE

Reactions: subscriber
I am noticing something weird with the GK1 in .25. Maybe it happens in other air pistols too? Changing ammo to a lighter pellet shifts POI downwards. Lighter pellets shoot lower than heavier pellets/slugs. This happens both off-hand and when benchresting, and at all power levels. I think it's more pronounced at high powers.

Is this just recoil? Lighter pellets spend less time in the barrel and are less affected by recoil?

Or is this somehow caused by my specific suppressor or suppressor alignment - I haven't tested with another suppressor yet (or unsuppressed). There is definitely no clipping.

I am noticing something weird with the GK1 in .25. Maybe it happens in other air pistols too? Changing ammo to a lighter pellet shifts POI downwards. Lighter pellets shoot lower than heavier pellets/slugs. This happens both off-hand and when benchresting, and at all power levels. I think it's more pronounced at high powers.

Is this just recoil? Lighter pellets spend less time in the barrel and are less affected by recoil?

Or is this somehow caused by my specific suppressor or suppressor alignment - I haven't tested with another suppressor yet (or unsuppressed). There is definitely no clipping.
My guess would be muzzle flip. Heavier ammo = more flip.

Reactions: JDGriz

This is natural and it occurs on all guns including rifles. The greater the separation of the barrel to the support line, the greater the effect. It is caused by recoil. If you were to sight in a pistol, then place the pistol into say a Ransom rest sighted to the group it is shooting to and then fire a laser down the center of the barrel, you would be amazed at the distance between the two points. In the case of my custom1911 45 ACP, it is 18" at 25 meters. This is the reason a consistent grip in both hand placement and tension is so important to off-hand shooting accuracy.

So, tonight I went to change the loading gate (installing Andrew's), and when I removed the factory gate there was an excessive amount of "oil" in the area.
Previous to this, I had noticed excessive oil around screws and such on other areas of the gun (trigger, etc) , but I figured Kelly went through and lubed some parts? 🤷‍♂️
Does this look like a problem? 🫣
I've since wiped the other mentioned "oil" away, but it was just as excessive as what's pictured.
1000002088.jpg

• Love
Reactions: M0ist0ne