• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Why do you consider it to be a gimmick? Do you not think it will penetrate better than a std slug?
If you want to use H&N the Baracuda will penetrate as well as you ever want to ( penetrated many big Hogs skulls for me )

the Banjamin .25 also penetrates real well and so do the JSB MK II 34gr,....they all will penetrate more then you'll ever need.

Reactions: TheJQ
If you have a chance could you please post another pic where the entire piece is visible so we can see how it looks with the rest of it?

Thank you!
Sure:
gk1.jpg

Reactions: Bernie7
Thank you! Love that you took the time to customize it.
As I said, the grip ended up overdone. It is still comfortable, but offers slighly less support, compared to if I had kept more of the hump - the pistol being front heavy. The other aspect of it is that now there are even less suitable places to put both my thumbs, because all my fingers can now reach slightly further forward. On the flip side, it will have a stock soonish anyway, and it might actually be best as it is as a carbine grip.

First attempt at making anything out of metal. Please don't judge too harshly. The 3d printed one I bought was impossible to remove without pliers so I watched a YouTube video and immediately became a machinist. The 3d printed one was also too short and didn't reach to the other side. This was a practice run. I think on the next one I'll use brass and put the first o ring closer to the end.
img_20240123_220532-jpg.428358
IMG_20240123_220715.jpg
IMG_20240123_220556.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone shared their experiences with tuning? Different fill pressures combined with different power level settings, for example. Without a hammer, I found myself wondering if the concept of the power curve even applies…( i mean looking for the sweet spot to avoid a descending shot string)

Thank you
I believe @weevil posted some insane shot strings with an ES of 15 fps over 10 shots once he hit a sweet spot with unbelievable accuracy at 100 yards. It was absolutely ridiculous.

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
First attempt at making anything out of metal. Please don't judge too harshly. The 3d printed one I bought was impossible to remove without pliers so I watched a YouTube video and immediately became a machinist. The 3d printed one was also too short and didn't reach to the other side. This was a practice run. I think on the next one I'll use brass and put the first o ring closer to the end.
img_20240123_220532-jpg.428358
View attachment 428356View attachment 428367
Thought about making something similar, yours looks great. I like the indentation to help grip it

Has anyone shared their experiences with tuning? Different fill pressures combined with different power level settings, for example. Without a hammer, I found myself wondering if the concept of the power curve even applies…( i mean looking for the sweet spot to avoid a descending shot string)

Thank you
I've seen fantastic shot strings posted lately.

So today I put my pistol through the Chronograph.

I was shooting 6 shots strings with the EunJin 43gr, fill at 280 BAR ending after the 6th shot at 200 BAR.

Quickly realized how remarcably consistent the gun is

I'll post the strings side so to really compare the same shot on all strings.

859--- 862--- 863--- 860--- 858--- 861---
845--- 850--- 854--- 849--- 850--- 853---
831--- 836--- 839--- 842--- 839--- 841---
820--- 823--- 827--- 830--- 819--- 830---
809--- 808--- 810--- 814--- 812--- 817---
801--- 800--- 800--- 802--- 801--- 805---

So basically I have a 71 FPE pistol on shot one and still a 61 FPE pistol at shot 6.

This gun exceeded all my wildest dreams for a PCP pistol,...size, weight, power, accuracy and it's a semi-auto to boot with excellent open sights, and yeah a 17 rounds rotary magazine.

Unreal, this is just phenomenal.

Exceeded my expectation of the final product once I heard it was actually being made, and by a lot.

I just wish now Huben would make an unregulated Carbine or even a BullPup, love to see what those could do.

I believe @weevil posted some insane shot strings with an ES of 15 fps over 10 shots once he hit a sweet spot with unbelievable accuracy at 100 yards. It was absolutely ridiculous.
I’ll first state that the pistol was clamped in a vice for that test. It didn’t involve any skill on my part but shows the capability of the gun. That was shooting AVS 22 grain slugs at 890fps.

I also have shot many thousands of rounds - I kept track of it up to 5000 but likely 8-9000 now. Not a single jam, spring issue or any other issue. 🤞

I’ve learned a couple things that may be useful. First, the area in which a string is flat varies according to projectile weight and power. When you find a favored projectile, you should run a string from high fill pressure to see how it plays out and then do it again, twice, to get a solid beat on the fill pressure and shot count that is optimal or tolerable in terms of ES. Second, my testing shows that speeds below 830 diminish accuracy. This is also a feature of Huben and Sidewinder rifles, except in those cases accuracy really improves at 900fps. This is not a function of power - all projectiles I have tested seem to follow this rule. It is a bit of a mystery. Anyway, I find that 880+ provides the very best results. Obviously that’s not compatible with heavier lead but I am an accuracy snob and still think that a pistol that can shoot 35-40fpe at those speeds is miraculous!