• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
.25 I have make no changes to anything on the gun. It is straight out of the box. I have no intention of changing anything. It is perfect.
Mine had the plug in it when it arrived and shot pretty low powered. I popped the rubber plug out of the screw and filled it to 300 bar. I went up in small increments until it started being on a power level I would expect after seeing several what others were getting. Yesterday I put it on the chrony and at 1.75 turns out it was at 750-769 fps over the whole magazine with a 25.4 pellet. 29FPS ES, 9 SD. I turned it up another 1/2 turn or so and it was just under 900. 2.25 turns out so It could be at the level where it shines and where I get a magazine or a little more per fill.

They’re gonna be restricted here in the US too sometime. Especially when people keep making videos about how deadly they are compared to RF/CF Powder Burners. Throw in a human skull or torso for good effect….LOL

Not to mention its non-permanently affixed moderator which is largely effective in quieting this hand canon. 🤫

-Matt

Reactions: Wauzoo and Heyboy
They’re gonna be restricted here in the US too sometime. Especially when people keep making videos about how deadly they are compared to RF/CF Powder Burners. Throw in a human skull or torso for good effect….LOL
Firearms are hardly restricted in the US (compared with Europe) so why airguns. 🙂 Maybe a convicted criminal can't buy one anymore but that's it.

Firearms are hardly restricted in the US (compared with Europe) so why airguns. 🙂 Maybe a convicted criminal can't buy one anymore but that's it.
I’m just saying, as I live here and see all the laws that are being pushed. Red flag, no private sales, universal registration… the list continues, is that if airguns start matching power and go beyond in a few instances that don’t be surprised that it is tried. Especially if one gets used in a crime. More people die falling out of bed or being killed with bare hands every year than get
Killed by rifles in the US (all rifles included, not just the scary ones)

Reactions: Wauzoo
Would you look at these two beauties. I guess I'm officially a pistol guy now.

20231102_203834.jpg

Would you look at these two:
278452412.jpg

I do.
I'm looking.

And I'm wondering.
Whatever happened to the industrial designer of Evanix who designed and approved the visual appearance and proportions of the Viper.

Surely, he must be unemployed after this.

Or — more likely scenario — Evanix never consulted one and left their engineers to their own aesthetic devices.

No offense to the Viper lovers, but after being asked to look at two specimen so close together, I cannot avoid noticing their visual differences. 😯

Matthias

They are never going to be power restricted,..they might make you register them but that isn't all that bad, we are doing that already with other guns, so not that big of a deal.

View attachment 402420

I do.
I'm looking.

And I'm wondering.
Whatever happened to the industrial designer of Evanix who designed and approved the visual appearance and proportions of the Viper.

Surely, he must be unemployed after this.

Or — more likely scenario — Evanix never consulted one and left their engineers to their own aesthetic devices.

No offense to the Viper lovers, but after being asked to look at two specimen so close together, I cannot avoid noticing their visual differences. 😯

Matthias
To each their own. I kinda dig the futuristic look of the Viper. It looks like something straight out of Starfield, especially with the moderator attached. I even prefer a few design features over the GK1. Like the pic rail and the quick disconnect instead of a fill port. Im also not the biggest fan of the hexonal trigger guard on the Huben.

That said, I do prefer the GK1 design overal. And the weight difference is also quite noticable. Even fully loaded, the GK1 feels considerably lighter than the Viper without a mag in it.

I mean... as far as semi-auto PCP pistols go, these two don't have a lot of competition right now. The Hatsan Sortie can barely be classified as a pistol, and looks like a nailgun.

• Haha
Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
That’s just it though. ”Buy” one. What about those that already have one? What about serial numbers? What about convictions prior to the ban? What about double jeopardy? Opens up such a can of worms. Truth be told what I believe keeps the industry safe is not having it used in conjunction with illegal activity and what it is that maintains that status quo is the cost of entry. We might all hate air gun prices along with all the accessories, but in reality it is also probably doing a lot to help keep our hobby safe.

Nice looking brace of pistols you have there. Too bad Huben didn’t listen and put a pic rail on the receiver. Wish they would’ve listened to Gregor…

What it actually needs is a vertical pic rail (or dovetail for adapter) on the back for an airsoft/mcx-style 1913 folding stock. And to be 10cm longer for more shots at 80 fpe.

Last edited:
Mine had the plug in it when it arrived and shot pretty low powered. I popped the rubber plug out of the screw and filled it to 300 bar. I went up in small increments until it started being on a power level I would expect after seeing several what others were getting. Yesterday I put it on the chrony and at 1.75 turns out it was at 750-769 fps over the whole magazine with a 25.4 pellet. 29FPS ES, 9 SD. I turned it up another 1/2 turn or so and it was just under 900. 2.25 turns out so It could be at the level where it shines and where I get a magazine or a little more per fill.
In a previous comment here I stated that I was getting 345 meters/sec on my chronograph. I lied. The original from the factory power setting was delivering 345 ft/sec not meters/sec. I have since removed the rubber plug and turned out the screw (CCW) 1 full turn (in 4 steps) from that setting. I am now getting 720 ft/sec. I'm sure there is more, but that is fast enough with the JSB 25.4 gr pellet. There is a pretty good kick as well. One mag drops the pressure from 290 bar to 220 bar.