• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
The loose fitting ammo issues read like the same issues that Huben K1 owners have been having. I haven’t seen a way to work around jams caused by ammo that can move around within the magazine when the gun is moved or the mag cycles. Find ammo that fits securely in the mag. Seating the ammo has also proven helpful for many K1 owners.

The loose fitting ammo issues read like the same issues that Huben K1 owners have been having. I haven’t seen a way to work around jams caused by ammo that can move around within the magazine when the gun is moved or the mag cycles. Find ammo that fits securely in the mag. Seating the ammo has also proven helpful for many K1 owners.
.254 slugs is the only size that doesn't move in the mag of my K1, and stories say that if you don't shoot those on full/sufficient power they can jam (never experienced that personally) also (in the barrel).
A GK1 only has full power on the first shots. So if .254 is the holy grail for the GK1 has yet to be seen.

With my K1 i never had jams because of undersized slugs. It's just annoying while loading them if you point the barrel down.
Once the mag is fully loaded, it doesn't matter anymore if you move the gun around.

Last edited:
I know some people powdercoat undersized slugs to make them bigger, and works great, but complicated (and expensive), but how about a simple spraycan clearcoat?
It will keep them in the mag, for sure. Yes you wil get tiny paint flakes in your barrel, but that's not worse than lead and easy to clean.
Can we get a new thread: “Guide to shooting the wrong ammo”???

Reactions: Nutcracker
Anyone else have their air bottle dump at a certain psi?
I had it happen yesterday after turning up the velocity and I had it happen again tonight.
Full dump like my Texan.
Not sure what psi its happening at as it suprised me both times.
It actually rocked my BOG tripod back on to 2 legs last night. Wild recoil in this little hand cannon.
I'll try to get a psi on our tomorrow if and when it dumps if i can shoot tomorrow

Reactions: bluemoon_wulf
Anyone else have their air bottle dump at a certain psi?
I had it happen yesterday after turning up the velocity and I had it happen again tonight.
Full dump like my Texan.
Not sure what psi its happening at as it suprised me both times.
It actually rocked my BOG tripod back on to 2 legs last night. Wild recoil in this little hand cannon.
I'll try to get a psi on our tomorrow if and when it dumps if i can shoot tomorrow
I get valve dumps somewhere between 100 and 110 bar with pellets/slugs (I think it occurs at higher levels when dry firing). Mine is tuned to a max of 69 ft-ibs. Make sure you are careful to not let it valve dump when using suppressors of weaker design, they may explode.

Reactions: SenseiSmash
Hey all, sorry for newb question, I've had my GK1 for almost 2 months but have yet to try slugs. I got 2 tins of .25 H&N Grizzly slugs 31gr but kinda scared to try em reading how picky the Hubens are. besides that I loved the GK1 so much I ended up getting a K1 in .25 as well about a week ago..haha
side note I have tried 3 different pellets from H&N and not any issues with loading them at all.

Hey all, sorry for newb question, I've had my GK1 for almost 2 months but have yet to try slugs. I got 2 tins of .25 H&N Grizzly slugs 31gr but kinda scared to try em reading how picky the Hubens are. besides that I loved the GK1 so much I ended up getting a K1 in .25 as well about a week ago..haha
side note I have tried 3 different pellets from H&N and not any issues with loading them at all.
Just load one. Then bang the gun on the palm of your hand and see if it comes loose. The issue with them is they are pointy-nosed and can slide forward into the groove around the barrel on K1 rifle (my 2018 rifle, don't know if there have been changes) and keep the magazine from indexing. (prior experience with pointed slug). If it is stiff in the mag and won't slide around you are good to go. If it's a little loose, the problem will be an airdump and easy to fix. You can try one at a time and see how accurately they shoot. Then you know if it's worth the trouble. etc.

Rightly so. No need to repeat the failed experiments performed with the rifle and undersized slugs over many years. Even if they avoid snagging, they won’t leave the barrel on axis and fly well. The twist rate is marginal and can’t accommodate stabilizing a wobbling slug. It’s all well documented in the 80page K1 thread. The pistol has the same barrel ID and the size needed is .254. If you don’t want to pay the high price for AVS, NSA has a 38grain .254 at ~18 for 200. I shoot the Altaros in the 254 rifle but they are a pain to acquire and too heavy to make sense in the pistol.

Reactions: Bngen3
Rightly so. No need to repeat the failed experiments performed with the rifle and undersized slugs over many years. Even if they avoid snagging, they won’t leave the barrel on axis and fly well. The twist rate is marginal and can’t accommodate stabilizing a wobbling slug. It’s all well documented in the 80page K1 thread. The pistol has the same barrel ID and the size needed is .254. If you don’t want to pay the high price for AVS, NSA has a 38grain .254 at ~18 for 200. I shoot the Altaros in the 254 rifle but they are a pain to acquire and too heavy to make sense in the pistol.
yeah I'll quit being a chicken and try it out, just don't wanna deal with jamming it up and then trying to figure out how to clear it.....

In emails with the Huben shop in Spain, they indeed intend to start shipping their first shipment by the end of October. I also asked about spare parts. They stated they will not arrive until they receive more shipments. They anticipate 3 months before they have them, so don't break anything too soon.
So Spain and the Netherlands get them within let's say a month.
I just saw the GK1 presentation on Youtube of a German shop (gogun), and the German customers have to wait for at least another 3 months he said. Most likely because that's a special (7.5 joule) "F" version. He did shot at some empty cans without penetrating them. :)

THREADED BARREL ADAPTERS FOR GK1, etc.

Hey, anyone get any updates on the dealers providing the missing or forgotten barrel adapters that were supposed to be shipped out with each of the GK1's on the first batch? I know we were told Huben inadvertently failed to ship the out the adapters with the GK1's. But I can't seem to get a straight answer if the threaded adapters will be shipped along with the 2nd batch and then distributed to the first batch of buyers.

Also, does anyone know if the original Huben GK1 ldc we've been seeing used in earlier videos, will be sold and available to get from U.S. dealers? I kind of like that fairly compact design and seems like you can still use the iron sights with it.