• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
I had my first malfunction yesterday after about 5000 rounds. the gun just dumped air from a almost full fill in the middle of a shot string and would not hold air when i tried to refill it was just venting out the barrel. It ended up being a broken stiker spring , many thanks to New England Airguns for there troubleshooting with me. also upon there recommendation i swapped out the blue striker buffer for the white one that comes in the parts kit, as the blue one was a very snug fit on the spring and there should be a little movement there.

View attachment 387913

View attachment 387914
I had a similar thing. But mine was functioning fine. The blue thingy is too tight. My spring was mangled. I only discoverd it when i degassed to replace cylinder lever. I put the spare spring on and the white thingy. No other issues.
20230818_210419.jpg

I had a request from the same guy for an oval offset muffler for the Huben pistol, with more sightline clearance. This one was to be 6.5" long and 1.5" at the widest point. Images of the latest oval muffler, next to the original 1.5 OD x 5" and 1.5 x 8.5" offset cylindrical versions appear below.

The STL file for the oval offset muffler is attached to this reply in a zip file. STLs for the other two were posted a few pages back. Remember to rotate the part in your slicer so that the front face is on the platen, and the threads are pointing up. Only that orientation will print correctly.

Remember that these are experimental designs, that you may print and test at your own risk.

View attachment Oval Offset Huben Pistol .25 LDC 1.5 x 6.5 inch HALF-20 Thread.zip

Huben pistol muffler comparison4.png

Huben pistol muffler comparison7.png

Huben pistol muffler comparison5.png

Print orientation.png

Huben pistol muffler comparison3.png

Huben pistol muffler comparison2.png

Huben pistol muffler comparison.png

FYI- Not sure if the Silent Thunder Ordnance website is current? But for those looking at a compact moderator it seems like they still have the Brevitas II but only in . 30 cal -$26. Looks like the .22 version is gone. I’m guessing once these are gone there will be no more.
What is that made out of, ABS?

I wouldn’t be surprised if they do a version three eventually, not sure what his name is (the STO guy), but he strikes me as a tinkerer that will never stop based on reading through some of his blogs. 😉

FYI- Not sure if the Silent Thunder Ordnance website is current? But for those looking at a compact moderator it seems like they still have the Brevitas II but only in . 30 cal -$26. Looks like the .22 version is gone. I’m guessing once these are gone there will be no more.
I received my GK-1 (.22) from Kelly last week. Great service and very responsive to questions after delivery.
I purchased the Brevita .30 cal from STO mostly because of size. It works very well for its size. It does take the bark out but not quite as quiet as some others. It is a very convenient size.
I have tried about half a dozen moderators including Huma 30, Tanto, Tatsu, STO Falx, Impulse Air 1350 (.25) and some 3d printed ones.
Subjectively, the one that absolutely works best for me, is the Impulse Air 1200 (.22). Whisper quiet. This was confirmed by several shooters at the range, standing at various distances. Once again this was subjective and not objective (no meter).
With Kelly's moderator adapter I had no clipping and no change in POI with the Impulse 1200. Be advised it does block the front sight, so I am using a Holosun Dot sight.

Set up as is now.( way too much stuff attached,LOL). For carrying most comfortable for me is. Sling attached to the front of the shroud and to the back of the receiver below the rear sight. Photo below. But I am not sure sling attached to the shroud is a good idea. But probably will carry it this way when hiking in the squirrel woods. Trial & error. Carrying any gun, has to be comfortable and readily accessible of course. :)
20230911_094718.jpg
For use as a shooting brace best for me is attached to back of receiver below rear sight and bottom of grip. Sitting,arms over knees killed one groundhog at 45 yards using the sling as a brace. Below using sling as a shooting brace, helps a lot.
20230911_094934.jpg

Carrying it w/sling attached to the rear receiver and bottom of the grip is ok,(photo on bottom) but the pistol flops around too much. But both ways are super quick to have pistol from carry to shooting position. However, I generally keep my right hand on the grips anyway, when hunting. Once I shed the scope & camera, probably will go with some kind of holster. Got 4 groundhogs so far with it.
20230911_094914.jpg

Set up as is now.( way too much stuff attached,LOL). For carrying most comfortable for me is. Sling attached to the front of the shroud and to the back of the receiver below the rear sight. Photo below. But I am not sure sling attached to the shroud is a good idea. But probably will carry it this way when hiking in the squirrel woods. Trial & error. Carrying any gun, has to be comfortable and readily accessible of course. :)
View attachment 388007 For use as a shooting brace best for me is attached to back of receiver below rear sight and bottom of grip. Sitting,arms over knees killed one groundhog at 45 yards using the sling as a brace. Below using sling as a shooting brace, helps a lot.
View attachment 388008
Carrying it w/sling attached to the rear receiver and bottom of the grip is ok,(photo on bottom) but the pistol flops around too much. But both ways are super quick to have pistol from carry to shooting position. However, I generally keep my right hand on the grips anyway, when hunting. Once I shed the scope & camera, probably will go with some kind of holster. Got 4 groundhogs so far with it.
View attachment 388009
Lol. The “MAN” coach bag.

I received my GK-1 (.22) from Kelly last week. Great service and very responsive to questions after delivery.
I purchased the Brevita .30 cal from STO mostly because of size. It works very well for its size. It does take the bark out but not quite as quiet as some others. It is a very convenient size.
I have tried about half a dozen moderators including Huma 30, Tanto, Tatsu, STO Falx, Impulse Air 1350 (.25) and some 3d printed ones.
Subjectively, the one that absolutely works best for me, is the Impulse Air 1200 (.22). Whisper quiet. This was confirmed by several shooters at the range, standing at various distances. Once again this was subjective and not objective (no meter).
With Kelly's moderator adapter I had no clipping and no change in POI with the Impulse 1200. Be advised it does block the front sight, so I am using a Holosun Dot sight.
I'm with you on the impulse air--other than the ronin, it was the quietest (ear test) of all of them.

Planned on doing video yesterday but the weather did not cooperate with me.

Reactions: allinssd
I have one of the STO Brevitas, but it's probably the first edition. It does work to reduce the bark, not as well as the 3D printing one I have, but it works. The problem if the diameter, it blocks the front sight just like the MOD30!
Well that’s a bummer. I know guys are looking for something short, so it can be holstered as well as being able to use the iron sights.

@rafr. Kelly is great to work with. This is excellent feedback on moderators.

Do you know what power (fps/ft-lbs) the pistol was set at when shooting at the range? Also, what pellets or slugs were you using? Thanks.
Bernieorosz
I have mine set for lower power for higher shot count and back yard. I was shooting 18gr JSBs at 610 and 670 fps. May go higher after bench testing.
With a 250 bar fill down to 120 bar I was getting almost 3 mags (19 rds). I think with 270 fill you could get 3 full mags. The trigger starts having difficulty resetting below 110 bar. Fps stayed consistent down to 120.

@subscriber I got a 6.6dB (average) reduction with the original 5” version of your moderator shooting at somewhere between probably 50-55 ft-ibs.

104.5dB > 97.9dB with 33.95 gr pellets.

I’m guessing those who are getting much better results are running at lower power levels.

Thanks for pushing me towards using pellets/slugs when testing guys, it definitely makes a difference when comparing suppressors of different internal designs. For example, DonnyFLs appear to be quieter when dry fired than when shooting pellets and designs with internal cones/sharper air strippers tend to be quieter when pellets/slugs are used. At least that’s what I’ve seemingly noticed so far.

IMG_9726.jpeg

IMG_9724.png

IMG_9722.png