• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
I joined the party!

Won't get a chance to pew pew tonight...will have to wait til tomorrow

PXL_20230906_021703871.MP~2.jpg

I got my Ares Airguns Tactical GK1 threaded adapter today from Zachary; excellent machining, fit, and finish, much better than the hodge podge 3D printed Hybrid I’ve been using (no more loosing iron sight zero every other time I remove the suppressor), however that one did serve its purpose in allowing me to shoot and test some suppressors while waiting for the proper adapters to become available.

I have a KRAZ Cool Air Guns GK1 adapter on the way also (thanks Kelly!) so that I can properly index the thread inserts for the offset suppressors I’m going to start selling in several days for either adapter. This way I should be able to have an option for everyone to select which adapter they will be using, I‘ll set the suppressor up for that, and the orientation of the suppressor should be correct when installed by end users. I’ll also have an option to add on the thread insert installation bit for those who want to install the suppressors on other airguns or other custom adapters and will need to index the insert to the proper orientation themselves. 🙂

IMG_9645.jpeg

IMG_9644.jpeg

IMG_9647.jpeg

IMG_9646.jpeg

IMG_9648.jpeg

IMG_9649.jpeg

IMG_9650.jpeg

IMG_9651.jpeg

IMG_9643.jpeg

Last edited:
Got my ares mod adapter today and was able to expand my accuracy testing at home. The GK1 .22 was tested at 50y, clamped in a vice, to eliminate the human weak link. Pellets only today. All the JSBs from RS through redesigns. Five H&Ns including FTT and Baracudas. Several JTS and a few other oddballs. The clear winner (again) was Predator GTOs which are staggeringly accurate. The best of the rest were the JTS Dead Center 18.1grain domes. They were substantially better than any of the other lead pellets. Everything was shot at 890.

Got my ares mod adapter today and was able to expand my accuracy testing at home. The GK1 .22 was tested at 50y, clamped in a vice, to eliminate the human weak link. Pellets only today. All the JSBs from RS through redesigns. Five H&Ns including FTT and Baracudas. Several JTS and a few other oddballs. The clear winner (again) was Predator GTOs which are staggeringly accurate. The best of the rest were the JTS Dead Center 18.1grain domes. They were substantially better than any of the other lead pellets. Everything was shot at 890.
Thanks, & great info. I have been using the JTS & they are accurate and seem to fit pretty snug in cylinder.

On the back I use the rear sight elevation screw, only longer. on the front you have to remove the dowel pin to locate the shroud. I tried using small vice grip but keep slipping off, finally I clamped it to my milling vice ( gun upside down) and while pulling on the grip I wiggle the grip and it came off easy. I then installed the barrel shroud tight and tapped the slut for M3. Only other issue was torx screw on top of the action, I had mill a clearance hole for it. You can drill it with 1/4" drill and it will be good.

Thank you! I think I'll leave mine as is for now, I don't have the machine tools or the confidence to strat drilling holes in a brand new $1200 airgun! Maybe the aftermarket will come out with something similar that requires no drilling, that is if these pistols become popular enough to generate the market for aftermarket parts!

Reactions: Genob
Thats a Huma, right?

What model / size exactly?

Thanks,
Matthias
Yeah, it's the mod30.

Will still slightly obscure the front sight.

I may start slapping all my mods on this thing just to find the one that looks most fun...is an emperor too much, probably! Heck, the ronin may get close to obscuring the red dot! 😂

Manage to get my Ruger 10-22 Docter sight base on yesterday and mounted advance optics micro dot. Wow I'm loving this more and more. getting 1-1/2" groups at 30 yards with my old eyes, yes I rested the tank on sand bag. Had to repurpose one of my Dewalt tool bag as it won't fit the oem case with the micro dot.

View attachment 386429

View attachment 386430
I’m not sure if I missed it, but what moderator do you have on it? Looks like the sights are unobstructed.

Yesterday, a fellow who frequents AGN contacted me via GTA PM, asking if I could design a muffler for his .25 Huben pistol. Specifically, 1.5" OD x 5" long. It needed to have an offset bore, so the stock sights would not be obscured.

I whipped up the design below in about 8 hours; then made some improvements to include a printed 1/2-20 thread version, and a version that would accept a 5/8" - 11 / 1/2 - 20 thread insert.

As I did this design for free I retain the right to share it as I see fit. Anyway, I notice you guys asking about offset moderators for the Huben pistol. So here is a potential candidate that you can 3D print for yourself.

No one has printed this design yet; let alone tested it. I have no control over your material choice or print quality. So, should you print one for your own use, you assume responsibility for your own safety. If I was selling the design or parts, I would have test results indicating acceptable performance, strength, durability and grouping ability.

The design uses a "can in a can" approach to have a longer path that "looks conventional" to the projectile. This is to reduce the time the projectile spends travelling through asymmetrical turbulence.

The design has 4 mm thick walls around the primary blast chamber. That chamber communicates with a forward offset expansion space via 16 x 2 mm diameter vent holes. The rear of the primary blast chamber is cored out with slots around the barrel stud thread, These slots are to reduce pressure wave bounce in the primary blast chamber. Ahead of the primary blast chamber the wall thickness is thinned down considerably because the bulk pressure is lower there; and to keep the unit mass close to 100 grams.

The forward-most expansion chamber vents downward into its own offset space, via a single large triangular opening. The triangular shape is so that the unit can be FDM 3D printed, while standing on its front end; threaded end up. That is the only position in which this part can be FDM printed.

The two STL files are attached in a ZIP file.

You will need to use shims from 0.025" down in perhaps 0.005" steps to "clock" the offset OD out of the sight-line. The muffler version that takes a metal thread insert may be clocked by rotating the insert, or with a shim of the right thickness.

Huben pistol Offset LDC 1.5 x 5 inch.png

Huben pistol Offset LDC 1.5 x 5 inch 3.png

Huben pistol Offset LDC 1.5 x 5 inch 4.png

Huben pistol Offset LDC 1.5 x 5 inch 5.png

View attachment .25 Huben pistol offset LDC STL files.zip

Last edited:
Got the ARES adapter also. Very impressed by the machining. Used it with the Donny FL Sumo. It decreased the sound level by 10 dB and did not affect pellet velocity at all. On other guns using the moderator increased the velocity.

What surprised me the most, is that it also changed the point of impact on the target. With the moderator on, the pellet was 1" lower and 1" to the right at 10 yards. Was hoping to not have to readjust the sights when putting the moderator on. There is no indication that the pellet is striking the moderator.

Curious what others have observed?

Jim K.

Huben2.jpg

Reactions: Raider03
@subscriber - thank you so much for sharing your design! I know what's up next on my printer!
The threads look to be the exact dimension of the specifications for 1/2" X 20 and 5/8" X 11 for the insert, so if your printer prints them out too small, here are some revisions to @subscriber 's files with enlarged threads for printability just in case that proves to be an issue for you. You might want to try printing just the threaded portions of each first to see which one gives you the better fit.

Now off to the printer for me too. 🙂 Thanks for sharing subscriber! ♥

*Edit: I made a revision to the revision lol, I forgot to add an inset to the threads for the threaded insert version that allows for the threaded insert installation bit to rotate without getting stuck on the 3D printed threads.

View attachment 386625

View attachment Enlarged Threads Revision to AGN's subscriber Offset Muffler Threads V1.1.zip

Last edited:
Got the ARES adapter also. Very impressed by the machining. Used it with the Donny FL Sumo. It decreased the sound level by 10 dB and did not affect pellet velocity at all. On other guns using the moderator increased the velocity.

What surprised me the most, is that it also changed the point of impact on the target. With the moderator on, the pellet was 1" lower and 1" to the right at 10 yards. Was hoping to not have to readjust the sights when putting the moderator on. There is no indication that the pellet is striking the moderator.

Jim K.

View attachment 386619
I still need to do more testing to verify, but so far it has seemed to me that the longer the suppressor is, the more drop I tend to get irrespective of weight.

The threads look to be the exact dimension of the specifications for 1/2" X 20 and 5/8" X 11 for the insert, so if your printer prints them out too small, here are some revisions to @subscriber 's files with enlarged threads for printability just in case that proves to be an issue for you. You might want to try printing just the threaded portions of each first to see which one gives you the better fit.

Now off to the printer for me too. 🙂 Thanks for sharing subscriber! ♥

View attachment 386625
I was actually thinking of printing just a section of the printed threads not only to test fit but also to see how it clocks on my adapter. Then add-in what I would need from a 'shim' perspective so I don't have to mess with sep shims.

I have a small STO LDC that is 1.3" in diameter and only 3" long. It does a great job of sound attenuation, but and it blocks the front sight. It seems a 1" diameter is the perfect size. I have an older Rocker1 LDC that is 1" diamer and the iron sights are completely usable, but it's 6" long and does cause the POI to drop a good 3-5 inches at 15 yards over a bare barrel!

I'd love to see something that was 1" diameter and no more than 3" long! If it had 3 baffles I think it would still have a decent amount of noise attenuation!

Jim K.

View attachment 386619
Sumo making barrel droop? Snug the adapter more to minimize any barrel wiggle?

Reactions: M0ist0ne
I have a small STO LDC that is 1.3" in diameter and only 3" long. It does a great job of sound attenuation, but and it blocks the front sight. It seems a 1" diameter is the perfect size. I have an older Rocker1 LDC that is 1" diamer and the iron sights are completely usable, but it's 6" long and does cause the POI to drop a good 3-5 inches at 15 yards over a bare barrel!

I'd love to see something that was 1" diameter and no more than 3" long! If it had 3 baffles I think it would still have a decent amount of noise attenuation!
Do you have any interest in an offset 3" printed one? I could modify my 4.25" design into a 3" length easily enough, I'm guessing it would still probably be more effective than a Fatboy, regardless of it only having an endcap baffle and being shorter (I've found with my designs/testing so far, less usually tends to be more when it comes to baffle count). If that is of any interest to you or if anyone else is interested in one that short, let me know and I'll print one off to test.

Do you have any interest in an offset 3" printed one? I could modify my 4.25" design into a 3" length easily enough, I'm guessing it would still probably be more effective than a Fatboy, regardless of it only having an endcap baffle and being shorter (I've found with my designs/testing so far, less usually tends to be more when it comes to baffle count). If that is of any interest to you or if anyone else is interested in one that short, let me know and I'll print one off to test.
Thank you, but I'm trying to keep it to where it's easy to holster and draw without having to fight with it. A 1" diameter would pretty much maintain the barrel size and with keeping it around 3" long, it would not be as awkward drawing it from the holster as it is with a 6" extension of the barrel. So far I have not found anything commercially available with those specs. I sent an e-mail to Huub at Huma-Air to see if he'd consider making a MOD25, but never heard anything else...

Reactions: TeslaToTheMoon

Jim K.

View attachment 386619

Jim K.

Any chance you could share what the actual decibel readings were before and after the Sumo. Did the Sumo make it backyard friendly? Also, what pellets/speed/etc.

I'm planning to purchase, but need to make sure I could use it in my backyard and not disturb the neighbors.... to much :). Thanks.

Bernie