• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
@TeslaToTheMoon

Sounds good. I'm glad that you found it useful :)

I've had similar ideas regarding non symmetrical silencers or even other options. I've had great success with this in the past on shrouded PCP's. Back in the day, CNC was the only option. 3D printing makes prototyping much simpler and more fun. Btw, I find PCTG much less brittle than ASA. But both are geat materials.
Are you using Essentium, or something else?

@TeslaToTheMoon If it's anything like the rifle, I'd expect NSA .250 slugs to do terribly, and AVS .254 to be what you want. Kelly said he thinks they are the same barrels, just shortener for the pistol. Let us know
Yep, that's my expectation too, unfortunately I didn't realize until after I placed the order that the .250s are too small for Hubens, that's when I placed another order for the 38.5gr .254s. 🤞 I'm also considering some MrHollowPoint 43gr .253s to order/test eventually. Those are super expensive, so they'll have to be really accurate and perform really well on the ballistic gel for me to buy a decent number of those. I'm coming at it from a self-defense perspective, so I'm interested in accuracy, energy, ballistic gel performance, and reliability of cycling. It will be interesting to see how long it is before someone has a machinist cut back and rethread the barrel and reservoir on one of these to make them better for concealed carry, I'm hoping someone else does it relatively quickly, so I don't end up making myself the guinea pig lol. I think the shroud/front post of the iron sight should be easy enough to model and 3D print a shorter replacement for. I'm of the philosophy that is better to use something lower powered for self-defense that you can train regularly with than something that makes a big bang and you hardly ever get to train with. A quarter turn pocket suppressor would also be nice to help prevent the deaf post encounter standard, assuming a situation in which you actually have the time to equip it.

FLgunner is your adapter from Huben or is it a aftermarket one???
Mike
It was installed by Kelly before he shipped it. It's aftermarket, but I don't know where he sourced them. He will be sending me the Huben adapter once he receives them, which will probably ship with the second batch.

I have read that other vendors are providing the adapters as well, but I don't know if it was a collective effort from one source or if each vendor is sourceing them individually from various different sources. Fit and finish on the one Kelly provided is amazing. He mentioned before sending it that it's not anodized, but I suspect it was probably a rush to get them so they could be sent with the pistols.

Last edited:
Reactions: TeslaToTheMoon
Yep, that's my expectation too, unfortunately I didn't realize until after I placed the order that the .250s are too small for Hubens, that's when I placed another order for the 38.5gr .254s. 🤞 I'm also considering some MrHollowPoint 43gr .253s to order/test eventually. Those are super expensive, so they'll have to be really accurate and perform really well on the ballistic gel for me to buy a decent number of those. I'm coming at it from a self-defense perspective, so I'm interested in accuracy, energy, ballistic gel performance, and reliability of cycling. It will be interesting to see how long it is before someone has a machinist cut back and rethread the barrel and reservoir on one of these to make them better for concealed carry, I'm hoping someone else does it relatively quickly, so I don't end up making myself the guinea pig lol. I think the shroud/front post of the iron sight should be easy enough to model and 3D print a shorter replacement for. I'm of the philosophy that is better to use something lower powered for self-defense that you can train regularly with than something that makes a big bang and you hardly ever get to train with. A quarter turn pocket suppressor would also be nice to help prevent the deaf post encounter standard, assuming a situation in which you actually have the time to equip it.
I tried some ZAN 38 grain .253s in my rifle. They did better than NSA .250s by a lot but the heavier, longer AVS .254s were even better. For what it's worth.

Reactions: TeslaToTheMoon
Here's an alternative for people who already have an adapter similar to one of the male-male ones pictured below, you can thread it into this remix of @-Ricochet- 's model of the factory adapter. This allows the plastic part to be a lot beefier while also being reinforced by the stronger metal adapter. This one hasn't failed on me and I don't think it is going to unless I beat on it.

s-l500.jpg

donnyfl-air-arms-s510-double-male-adapter_1605021871.jpg

IMG_9565.jpg

IMG_9564.jpg

IMG_9563.jpg

IMG_9566.jpg

IMG_9567.jpg

View attachment GK1-Adapter for Male-Male 0.5 X 20 UNF Adapter (Remixed From Ricochets Factory Adapter Clone).zip

So, just to clarify, would you confirm/disconfirm, please:

The gun as currently shipped has no sound moderation whatsoever — the metal case around the barrel does no serve as a "shroud" (unlike the PP700, for example). ➠ ??

Thanks.

Matthias
It has no moderation as it is currently shipping (with the exception of possibly from Kraz Cool Air Guns), Huben will be shipping adapters out in a couple of months it sounds like. The best option right now is to get an adapter from Kraz Cool Air Guns or Ares Airguns Tactical who are having some made custom in the meantime.

Here's an alternative for people who already have an adapter similar to one of the male-male ones pictured below, you can thread it into this remix of @-Ricochet- 's model of the factory adapter. This allows the plastic part to be a lot beefier while also being reinforced by the stronger metal adapter. This one hasn't failed on me and I don't think it is going to unless I beat on it.

View attachment 384821

View attachment 384822

View attachment 384823

View attachment 384824

View attachment 384825

View attachment 384826

View attachment 384827

View attachment 384832
Well done. This is probably the next best alternative to purchasing an adapter in alu. A hybrid

Last edited:
Oh man I like that gold probe cover on the gun,, I think I would like black, But the gold would do, LOL.
LEGIONAIR heard anything about the adapters Yet? Looks pretty sick with that scope and the gold bling.
Mike
Hey Mike

I thought about getting black too but thought what the hell I’ll continue the gold accents like a pimp from the 80’s.

Haven’t heard anything about the adapters. Should be this week. Until then I’m having fun shooting at a power level that produces a neighborly level of noise.

The Hatsan .25 moderator works great with my Evanix Viper, as it's slim. So it should work with the GK1 as well. It is a bit long, but it's pretty cheap. It reduces the sound by about 60%.
View attachment 385091
Specs say it's 31mm in diameter, so the front sight will be below the top edge of the moderator. In order to be able to use the iron sights, the moderator can't be any larger than about 25mm in diameter. I e-mailed Huub at Huma-Air to see if they have any plans on making a smaller diameter modular moderator, but have not heard anything.