• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
I got a chance to shoot it this morning. 17 shots took about 110 BAR. I did not run it over a Chrony, but Kelly had it tuned to shoot at 800FPS with Hades. I was shooting the 25.39 grain JSBs, which are a little lighter. I tried 3 different moderators. The first was an older 1" diameter model, which was the only one I could actually see the bulls eye on the target! It was the quietest, but it shot way low, so there may be some clopping. I also tried a small STO LDC I had picked up a few years ago when they did a limited run (the blue one below) and it was quieter than the one section of the Huma-Air MOD30. Both did a good job of quieting the GK-1 to backyard friendly levels! I'm going to try adding another section to the MOD30 to see if there is any significant difference in sound levers, even though I want to keep the moderator as short as possible!

IMG_3084.jpg

The trigger is easily the best pistol trigger I've ever shot and that includes powder burners! Right out of the box, this pistol is very impressive and one of the very few airguns I've ever purchased that doesn't need any tweaking or adjustment right out of the box!

I reached out to Huub at Huma-Air to see if they had any plans on making a MOD25 LDC! An LDC with a 1" or 25mm diameter would allow unobstructed use of the iron sights. I like the Huma-Air LDCs because you can remove or add sections as needed and they are very effective! That one small section did an amazing job of quieting the GK-1!

I reached out to Huub at Huma-Air to see if they had any plans on making a MOD25 LDC! An LDC with a 1" or 25mm diameter would allow unobstructed use of the iron sights. I like the Huma-Air LDCs because you can remove or add sections as needed and they are very effective! That one small section did an amazing job of quieting the GK-1!
Keep me updated! Curious to see what they say.

I got a chance to shoot it this morning. 17 shots took about 110 BAR. I did not run it over a Chrony, but Kelly had it tuned to shoot at 800FPS with Hades. I was shooting the 25.39 grain JSBs, which are a little lighter. I tried 3 different moderators. The first was an older 1" diameter model, which was the only one I could actually see the bulls eye on the target! It was the quietest, but it shot way low, so there may be some clopping. I also tried a small STO LDC I had picked up a few years ago when they did a limited run (the blue one below) and it was quieter than the one section of the Huma-Air MOD30. Both did a good job of quieting the GK-1 to backyard friendly levels! I'm going to try adding another section to the MOD30 to see if there is any significant difference in sound levers, even though I want to keep the moderator as short as possible!

View attachment 384528

The trigger is easily the best pistol trigger I've ever shot and that includes powder burners! Right out of the box, this pistol is very impressive and one of the very few airguns I've ever purchased that doesn't need any tweaking or adjustment right out of the box!
Does your moderator adapter have any holes that allow air to pass back into the shroud?

Yikes - post #666!

My gun jammed today, I knew when loading it the 22 Hades were very loose I made sure I seated with a pen, I was able to unjam gun by holding up side down and taping on it and rotating the magazine, My Huben rifle likes the 22 caliber 18.1 gr JTS pellets may just give them a try, Another over size 22 caliber pellets out there in pellet land?
You guys shooting with Nitrogen count yourself lucky, I tried Nitrogen 10 to 15 years ago out in the oil patch and it was crazy money 250 to 300 a month, Are the GTO pellets a little on the big size in 22 caliber??? May have to give them a try.
Speaking of oversized pellets; I’ve been testing the H&N 14.6 gr in 5.53, 5.54, and 5.55 (most pellets are 5.50-5.52 head diameter). So far the 5.53 is showing the best accuracy. And they fit snug in the mag. No moving around.

What a HYPE, this thread! 🧐

And I'm reading along.
Every day.
Gobbling up every little bit of info. 😆

Loving it! 🤩

Already cataloging the info, with links, data.... ✅

➠ For whenever the time comes for me to buy a used .22 — I'll be ready. 👍🏼

Thanks to everybody who is contributing here. 👍🏼

Matthias 😊

Reactions: Raider03
Thanks. Looks like these could definitely work. One option would be to heat them up and melt into place. Anyway, I've included the .stl for the adapter for anyone that would like to try it. I'm thiking that PCTG would be a good material for this unless it's printed at an angle. Use at your own risk..

View attachment 383002
I'm printing out the adapter in ASA with a slight modification to make it print with no supports, I'll let you know if it holds, I've been working on a lineup of 3D printed suppressors to sell, so I've got plenty that I can risk shooting a hole through if it breaks off and I get a baffle strike lol. Thanks for sharing! :)

View attachment GK1-Adapter V4.zip

@-Ricochet- Well it has held for more than 10 dry fires so far, so that is a good start. :) I have the power set just high enough to make cleaning pellets break the sound barrier, that's all I have until I get some NSA slugs later today and tomorrow of .250 (43.5 gr) and .254 (38.5) variety. More pellets on the way that will ship alongside the adapter from Ares Airguns Tactical.

IMG_9557.jpg

IMG_9556.jpg

The hole for the 7mm allen key came out too small on this print relative to the threads which seem to have printed out appropriately sized (this might just be my printer/slicer settings though, I'm not sure). I don't think I feel comfortable shooting this with the aluminum barrel covering installed over the printed adapter, I'm afraid if the threads break off, that it would be difficult to remove the part stuck inside of the aluminum barrel covering.

@TeslaToTheMoon It's cool to finally see someone testing this adapter and confirming that it (kinda) works. I haven't received my pistol yet so I have personally not been able to test it and the design was based on measurements supplied by others. I can enlarge the allen key hole if you wish. But I wouldn't apply mush force using it though for obvious reasons. I fully support your tactics. If it holds fine for a certain amount of shots without the shroud, then it should be safe to install with the shroud on as well. The shroud would only make it stronger.. And ASA was a good choise of filament too! If your printer is capable, you coud try printing it at a 45 deg angle. That will distribute the layer binding across the entire thread section and there will be no way for them to separate within the shroud / silencer.

Ad.jpg

Last edited:
@-Ricochet- The outer threaded portion of the adapter broke off when I tried a DonnyFL Sumo on the first print. I think the reason it broke was because of the small portion of non-threaded area that prevents the Sumo from threading all the way on and making solid contact with the large flat face of the adapter. In V5 I removed that area and shifted the threads down to make it one solid part again.

Testing V5. V5 lasted 5 shots with the Sumo attached before it broke, for the next one I'll try printing it at a 45* angle with tree supports and lowering my fan speeds to see how that works. I'll also see if I can get the allen key to fit by enlarging the hexagon cut away by 0.1mm. 🤞

At this point I'm just happy that I can test all of my suppressors on it to see how effective they are or are not. :) I'd like to make some suppressors specifically for this that take inspiration from the SilencerCo Osprey, with expansion chamber offsets below the boreline, allowing for use of iron sights while also offering improved sound reduction capabilities (at least in theory if properly implemented) over the more standard cylindrical profile.

@TeslaToTheMoon

Sounds good. I'm glad that you found it useful :)

I've had similar ideas regarding non symmetrical silencers or even other options. I've had great success with this in the past on shrouded PCP's. Back in the day, CNC was the only option. 3D printing makes prototyping much simpler and more fun. Btw, I find PCTG much less brittle than ASA. But both are geat materials.

Reactions: TeslaToTheMoon