Translating to English- 45 shots at 33 foot pounds from a 350 BAR/5000 PSI fill (down to 100 BAR/1450 PSI) from an 8" barreled, $1200 semi-auto PCP pistol seems like somewhere between fudging every number and wishful thinking to me.

Assuming a roughly 20-25% fudge on each pertinent number, even 35 shots at 28 foot pounds from a $1500, 10" barreled semi-auto PCP pistol would still be impressive. And much closer to believable. I look forward to seeing REAL, unfudged numbers.

By the way, I'd be happy to provide REAL, unfudged numbers for a small donation...

Of a brand-new Huben GK1.:oops:

For REAL!

View attachment 345985
Well the specs say 45 shots with a 18.13gr pellet @ 755 fps which is close to ~23 foot pounds from 300bar down to 100bar. Probably a bit more realistic, but I'm wondering how smooth the shot string is going to look if this pistol is unregulated. Will def want to see some shot string and read reviews before ordering one.

Who did you order from? A 25 cal. of course. Man you are going to be happy with the 25 if it shoots as well as my rifle. I use the 46 grain AVS slugs and they just barely fit.
New England Airguns, and yes a .25 ;) ....yeah after reading about Hubens for years now I know I will be more then happy.

Reactions: Coolhand and Chard
In my quest to learn more about the GK1, I reached out to Huben directly and was surprised & very pleased with the replies. Many of you guys "may" not know that www.hubenairguns.shop is "not" the official Huben manufacturer's website. I initially wrote them thinking it was, until I was informed that they are just one of the Huben dealers stationed in Spain, under a parent company called Wolfiek Group. In lieu that, I learned that the manufacturer website is www.hubenairguns.com. Over the last few days, here are some of the email excerpts I received from a Jacky, of Huben, in response to my email queries as follows (in "Underlined Green Italics"):

Reply #1:
"Thanks for your inquiry! Yes, we start the booking of our pistol - GK1 and it should be released in about three months.

Attachment is the real photo and specification of .22 caliber; we will have .22, .25 and .177 calibers. Cooperators also customers hope a much more quiet pistol, I have submitted this information to technical department, let's wait how they could achieve it. But my personal experience, when shoot 1.175g pellet, the sound is not too loud, just for your reference! Keep in touch and if any further information, pls feel free to contact us! Thanks!"

Reply #2 (from my follow up questions):
"Thanks for your comments! I believe that our pistol is worth to wait.

Refer to sound, these days we received many inquiries about silencer, so this morning, we took a test of .22 caliber, shoot 1.175 pellet outside at 220m/s, it's about 80dB; but we will design a version with silencer, of course, when it will be available, frankly speaking, I don't know till now, pls kindly understand!

Pls find the reply of your question as below:"

The spec sheet you provided were on the .22 caliber, which is sincerely appreciated. May I humbly request to see the spec’s sheets for the .25 & .177 calibers as well?
"******For .25 and .177 calibers, only the magazine and barrel are different: .25 is 17 shots, .177 is 19 shots, same with K1.

Max velocity, power, and max shots per fill, because I haven't get the finished one, so no information to share right now."

Will the GK1 will be regulated or not? Myself and many in the forums are hoping it’s not regulated.
"****** The power / velocity is regulated, but there are few countries that have restriction on power, so we will adjust to meet their requirement.

Could you pls kindly advise why you hope it's not regulated?"

I very much like that you have a decently long 210mm length barrel and really like the shroud design you have for it. May I also ask if the barrel will be rifled & its’ twist rate?
"****** The barrel is refled, just a short version of K1 barrel"

On filling the 85cc tank, if I see it correctly, it appears this will be done will a fill probe and assume this will be provided?
"****** The fill probe is same with K1, it will be including in attached accessories package"

Reply #3:
"Good morning! If there is test result of other caliber, will let you know then.

Refer to regulator, I have checked with technical department. The velocity of our pistol is extreme steady, if 1.175g pellet, 230m/s velocity, from the first shot to 45th shot, the fluctuation of won't exceed 20m/s, so there is no need to have a regulator. Pls kindly note! Thanks!"

In summary, I thought the Huben owner Jacky was very accommodating to my host of questions and very pleasant to correspond with as you can see. I left out most of my questions & comments in my emails to Jacky to help keep this short. If anyone needs anything she said to be put in context, I would be more than glad to address if interested, just ask.

I'm guessing many of you have seen Gregor's youtube video he put last night. Here's the link to it if not:
It was very informative and was nice to learn why Gregor wasn't really responding or entertaining the plethora of offers ($) & request to replicate the making of his initial Huben pistol, that as everyone knows, was what directly inspired Huben to develop and manufacture the now, soon to be released GK1. I must admit, I was a little disappointed that Gregor is not receiving any remuneration nor any royalties for his design & creation. I seriously doubt that if it weren't for Gregor modifying a K1 into a pistol, we would not be having this discussion, let alone eagerly waiting to acquire one for ourselves!

Now while this would be slightly more expensive (for an already "justifiably" expensive piece), Gregor does have an affiliate deal set up with the dealer in Spain to get a small percentage of any sales using his affiliate link. If anyone is so inclined to do so, please consider processing an order via Gregor's affiliate links to help benefit Gregor as follows:
https://www.hubenairguns.shop/products/huben-pistol-gk1?sca_ref=3587936.uyi54wqA7j
https://www.hubenairguns.shop/?sca_ref=3587936.uyi54wqA7j

Full disclosure: I'm not a paid spokesman for Gregor or Huben, and just feel compelled to put this out here in hopes that Gregor gets some well deserved kickbacks for his ingenious efforts in inspiring the development, as well as expending much of his personal time consulting with Huben to bring this outstanding handheld PCP for the masses, lol. Here are how the numbers fall, should one run their purchase via Gregor's affiliate links.

GK1 purchase price: = €1399 or $1,526.61 USD
Less website discount of 10% = €1,259.10 or $1,373.95 USD

I fully understand my raising this point will likely not be very well received from some, at least the additional monetary expense as juxtaposed to what the price is here in the U.S. In principal, I'm guessing most won't have an issue with it, but with this economy, money is tight. But I just wanted to at least put it out there for those that are capable of, in a way paying it forward to our man Gregor. To be frank, and I'll bet is the case with some of you, that if Gregor would have been willing and able to replicate his K1 modifications into a GK1 upon request, we would have gladly paid more than the aforementioned price noted above. In all actuality, I probably would have dropped at least $2k for one of his GK1 mod's!

Anyway, back to the GK1. It looks very promising and can't wait to get me at least one of them. And I was very enthused as to how Jacky from Huben seemed very interested in taking inputs from the PCP community interested in this. It does appear some of our preferences and so-called wish list of items to be included on the GK1, may just be implemented. It's not often the general purchasing public can influence a manufacturer to evoke X changes to a product. Thus, I was quite impressed with how Jacky was so approachable, directly asking for a bit of my input and reciprocal in her very friendly replies to me. She's got my business, irregardless of any regional / geo-political concerns that seem to be "floating" around.

The images Jacky sent me are the same as already been posted, so I'll leave those out to minimize some of the redundancy that I likely have introduced in this post. Sorry so very long & hope all this helps some.

Last edited:
Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I sure hope they will not make it any longer just to have a threaded section for silencers, also sure hope they will not make it regulated.
Me too. From what Jacky from Huben says, it sounds like it won't be regulated, based on what she indicated she learned from checking with her technical team. Here's what she emailed me about a regulator as follows:

"Refer to regulator, I have checked with technical department. The velocity of our pistol is extreme steady, if 1.175g pellet, 230m/s velocity, from the first shot to 45th shot, the fluctuation of won't exceed 20m/s, so there is no need to have a regulator. Pls kindly note! Thanks!"

So it sounds like it won't be regulated!!!

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
I have also preordered this pistol and requested a threaded barrel. I also ordered one of their CF moderators at the same time. My order was for one in 25 cal. Just a note about a regulator, this pistol is all about power in a semi-automatic form that only has 85 CC of air, A regulator consumes tank volume and requires recovery time both of which would detract from its performance.

I would prefer it be regulated, but not at the expense of the 85cc air tube as you'd require both the regulator and plenum space after the regulator. 20 m/s shot spread isn't that great - that a 65 fps spread - but it isn't terrible for a semi auto pistol.

For me an un-moderated pistol is a complete no-go, so I hope Huben does something or Kelly offers and after market option.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I have also preordered this pistol and requested a threaded barrel. I also ordered one of their CF moderators at the same time. My order was for one in 25 cal. Just a note about a regulator, this pistol is all about power in a semi-automatic form that only has 85 CC of air, A regulator consumes tank volume and requires recovery time both of which would detract from its performance.
Hello Steve

What is the power specs for the 0.25 caliber?

Regards

Here some "preliminary" info on the .25 GK1 as follows:

Apparently it will push a 33.95 grain pellet to a max of 741 fps, equating to 41.4 fpe.

Based on the 60 fpe that Gregor was getting out of his GK1, I got think that this (hopefully) is a conservative figure. However, 41.4 fpe is not bad for an 8" barrel, but wouldn't complain if it would achieve a higher fpe. Also, the .25 is also supposed to get 30 shots per fill.

Info source: Krazcool.com via Huben update...

I take 40+ FPE anyday,...I don't need 30 shots ( 10 is more then enough for me ) so if I can power it up it will be even better.

Either way, I've been chasing the right PCP handgun for me for a long time, even had Lloyd build me a 57 FPE Marauder pistol but unfortunately me and the Marauder platform just do not get along,
So it looks like the Huben pistol might be the one,...fingers crossed.

Reactions: Airtillery
I take 40+ FPE anyday,...I don't need 30 shots ( 10 is more then enough for me ) so if I can power it up it will be even better.

Either way, I've been chasing the right PCP handgun for me for a long time, even had Lloyd build me a 57 FPE Marauder pistol but unfortunately me and the Marauder platform just do not get along,
So it looks like the Huben pistol might be the one,...fingers crossed.
I agree. 40 fpe on a relatively small form factor is pretty impressive. And for me, I would rather 10 ultra powerful shots that leaves little air remaining, over 30 moderated ones. I'm sure you or someone (maybe Gregor) will discover a mod to do just that. I too have been looking and experimenting with various platforms in a quest to score a powerful hand held.

While this may sound odd and be off the beaten path what the forum majority is into, I actually have an old, well modified paintball pistol marker that is capable of putting out 50+ fpe with an 8" barrel. Of course it won't have near the accuracy as the GK1, but does have the brute power behind it.

Ultimately, it appears that the GK1 will check off most of the boxes and got believe it will be pretty accurate like its' rifle counterpart.