• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Sucks I’m (as a Euro) looking at steep shippingcosts for the ARES parts :( Otherwise I’d order the upgraded mag lever and loading gate also..
Thanks for the tip,i’m going to get that lever at some point but i just spent $115 on 2 red dot mounting plates (v1&v2) and the Huben 3d loading gate before ordering this one..maybe i will sell one of the mounting plates and the 3d loading gate and get this ares lever.thanks again for the tip👍🏼
..that little punisher/ares logo is a nice touch too 🤣

Reactions: PCPFanNL
I finally have my red dot mounted on my new GK1.
I was debating what mounting method to use, and have read all the possibilities posted here.
As I've stated before, I'm not a fan of the aesthetics of printed accessories. I know they can be totally functional, just prefer metal. (Working on a metal dust probe plug to replace that printed one).
So I went with the anodized aluminum rail, mounted using the rear sight location, and the little grub screw location that's a couple inches forward from rear.
Also added a recessed QC swivel cup on the bottom of grip for single point sling carry, for my plinking woods walks.
I install these cups often on the bottom of the forearm on my rifles. Much better that a forward mounted sling swivel stud, which can interfere with forehand placement imo.
Haven't had this much fun with a new gun since I got the Leshy 2 a couple years ago. A few pics....
IMG_20240103_190405517_MP.jpg

IMG_20240103_185911907.jpg
IMG_20240103_190052099.jpg
IMG_20240102_174619584.jpg
IMG_20240102_174653763.jpg

Note: the swivel cannot touch the wood surface no matter how you swivel it, keeping the wood pristine. Love those cups!

I was debating what mounting method to use, and have read all the possibilities posted here.
As I've stated before, I'm not a fan of the aesthetics of printed accessories. I know they can be totally functional, just prefer metal. (Working on a metal dust probe plug to replace that printed one).
So I went with the anodized aluminum rail, mounted using the rear sight location, and the little grub screw location that's a couple inches forward from rear.
Also added a recessed QC swivel cup on the bottom of grip for single point sling carry, for my plinking woods walks.
I install these cups often on the bottom of the forearm on my rifles. Much better that a forward mounted sling swivel stud, which can interfere with forehand placement imo.
Haven't had this much fun with a new gun since I got the Leshy 2 a couple years ago. A few pics....
View attachment 422099

View attachment 422097View attachment 422100View attachment 422101View attachment 422102
Note: the swivel cannot touch the wood surface no matter how you swivel it, keeping the wood pristine. Love those cups!
Nice!I just installed the new V2 mount from moistone this morning.I like it much better than the V1 i have,just cleaner and more concise imo.Going out right now to zero the reflex sight👍🏼1522A461-CE7E-49AD-ABF0-4A0C0B06E4E0.jpeg2D2D85C6-0182-4A9A-90EF-C901564D94EF.jpegEDABCA20-4C17-41C6-9EA8-B0B16079C2A2.jpeg

I was stumped yesterday trying to adjust my reflex sight for my new moderator. and the sight was not responding to my sight changes. Perhaps I'm just stupid, but I knew something was amiss so I decided to completely disassemble the sight. In doing so, I discovered a very little set screw underneath accessible though a very small hole on the left side. This screw clamps the sight adjustments and prevents them changing. Beware!

View attachment 422099

View attachment 422097View attachment 422100View attachment 422101View attachment 422102
where did you get the recessed swivel cup? Can you post a picture of how you wear that when walking around with the pistol?

Reactions: Sergey1972
where did you get the recessed swivel cup? Can you post a picture of how you wear that when walking around with the pistol?
Any of the PB shops have them. Look for sling swivel studs, cups. and QC push button sling swivels.
I often use MidwayUSA.
I like the single point sling but especially because you can swing the pistol up to shoot, without disconnecting anything.
And it only takes 2 seconds to plug in or out, yet very secure.
A couple pics

IMG_20240104_180004885.jpg

IMG_20240104_180127620.jpg

Any of the PB shops have them. Look for sling swivel studs, cups. and QC push button sling swivels.
I often use MidwayUSA.
I like the single point sling but especially because you can swing the pistol up to shoot, without disconnecting anything.
And it only takes 2 seconds to plug in or out, yet very secure.
A couple pics

View attachment 422186

View attachment 422187
Nice. I did something similar but used two points.
20230822_113717.jpg

Nice. I did something similar but used two points.
View attachment 422882
I like how the raised sling studs are easier to install, but It looks like your application on the bottom of the grip, will allow the metal swivel to make contact with the wood, which could scratch or dent it.

Reactions: Nutcracker
I like how the raised sling studs are easier to install, but It looks like your application on the bottom of the grip, will allow the metal swivel to make contact with the wood, which could scratch or dent it.
I used a threaded insert so I could switch back & forth to mount a stock, or I would have used those Magpul cups. I do have those Magpul cups & swivels on some of my guns.
20231218_123805.jpg

Reactions: MrP and Bernie7
I received the PAS loading gate cover today. Very nice piece. It's injection molded, not 3d printed. Very smooth and professional looking. Much nicer than the printed models i've seen, IMO.
Here are a couple pics

View attachment 421340

View attachment 421341
I just installed my injection molded (airguntactical) loading gate and I love it, also for anyone who’s wondering. (At least with mine) the magnets are slightly recessed to prevent them from smacking into each other and cracking. Anyone who’s played with magnets a lot, will know what I’m talking about. Also as much as I’d love to have an aluminum one I absolutely hate having the ares logo on it. Imo I feel like it ruins the aesthetic, I sent him a message asking if he plans on releasing another in just flat black with no logo.
Also very cool sling ideas! It doesn’t go swaying around considerably while walking?

Reactions: Wauzoo
I used a threaded insert so I could switch back & forth to mount a stock, or I would have used those Magpul cups. I do have those Magpul cups & swivels on some of my guns.View attachment 422970
Gotcha, that makes sense. However, If you wanted to avoid having the metal touch the wood, you could just install your sling directly into a QC swivel, then only your sling fabric could ever make contact with the wood, no matter which side the swivel swings to.
I hope this pic, on a rifle stud, will help explain what I mean.
Have fun!
Screenshot_20240107-100558.png

Gotcha, that makes sense. However, If you wanted to avoid having the metal touch the wood, you could just install your sling directly into a QC swivel, then only your sling fabric could ever make contact with the wood, no matter which side the swivel swings to.
I hope this pic, on a rifle stud, will help explain what I mean.
Have fun!View attachment 422984
(y)

Just another note. Since I bought 2 GK1s, when they arrived I had one Version 1 and one Version 3. AS I am right handed, I prefer the Version one, but I have noticed that the pressure gauge is not in the same place on both guns. The Version 3 is moved to the rear to clear the new lever assembly. The old and the new lever assemblies are are NOT interchangeable.

Just another note. Since I bought 2 GK1s, when they arrived I had one Version 1 and one Version 3. AS I am right handed, I prefer the Version one, but I have noticed that the pressure gauge is not in the same place on both guns. The Version 3 is moved to the rear to clear the new lever assembly. The old and the new lever assemblies are are NOT interchangeable.
That's interesting Steve. Did I read somewhere that the lever on the V3 moves upward to accommodate lefties?
I have the V1, and the new lever from ARES is arriving today. While I've been waiting, I took my factory lever apart because it felt a little gritty during operation. I was surprised to see some very rough machine marks on the little internal cam face. After sanding and polishing that cam surface, and applying Moly grease, it now feels buttery smooth. I may or may not install the new one right away. Mine works fine, especially after polishing, and I don't intentionally allow levers to slam on anything. But, I wanted a backup though just in case.
If you haven't removed the existing lever yet, be aware that there is a very stout spring under there that is just waiting to go flying. I anticipated that...lol.
Have fun

I installed the ARES lever on Saturday, other than the materials used to make it, it's pretty much identical to the original. Very easy install, but as Scott mentioned, keep your thumb of the lever so the spring doesn't go flying. I need to polish mine because even the new one has a gritty feel.

That's interesting Steve. Did I read somewhere that the lever on the V3 moves upward to accommodate lefties?
I have the V1, and the new lever from ARES is arriving today. While I've been waiting, I took my factory lever apart because it felt a little gritty during operation. I was surprised to see some very rough machine marks on the little internal cam face. After sanding and polishing that cam surface, and applying Moly grease, it now feels buttery smooth. I may or may not install the new one right away. Mine works fine, especially after polishing, and I don't intentionally allow levers to slam on anything. But, I wanted a backup though just in case.
If you haven't removed the existing lever yet, be aware that there is a very stout spring under there that is just waiting to go flying. I anticipated that...lol.
Have fun
Version 3 unlocks down and re-locks up out of the way for a lefty, opposite to a Version 1. Version 3 is actually quite a bit more awkward to operate, as there is much less room for a fat finger even when the gauge is moved to the rear.

Reactions: scottblair