• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
I saw the red dot install video on YT but its not very thorough. I was wondering about where the shroud is removed and pin is pulled out if I was going to need to drill and tap that area. Also do you reinsert the pin after you tap or is there no need or no space anymore once thats been done.
Is that what you will need to do?
If you have done it already do you have the drill and tap size off hand?
My GK1 shows up next week and I have everything waiting on it so this will be my first task.

I believe folks have been tapping it for an M3 bolt. No pin used after as the bolt takes up all the space.

I designed/printed a rmr plate as I didn't want to tap the locating pin slot (even though I could). Wanted the challenge of seeing if I could design something that would work. Seems to work so far, was my Saturday side project because of a rainy day--need to make some slight tweaks and abuse it a bit to see how it holds up.

PXL_20230924_120333933~2.jpg

This thread is a beast and it has probably already been asked but here I go. If these are being shipped ready for a moderator to be threaded onto the end why are the sights not suppressor hight?
To trigger that Old Fashion American Ingenuity and force everyone at AGN that owns a 3D printer to become a mad air scientist over night.
J/K
Thats a great question however I have been overly impressed with the amount of people on YT and on this forum that immediately started designing and creating a supressor with diameter for Iron sights..
I love seeing people trouble shoot and create things.

I believe folks have been tapping it for an M3 bolt. No pin used after as the bolt takes up all the space.

I designed/printed a rmr plate as I didn't want to tap the locating pin slot (even though I could). Wanted the challenge of seeing if I could design something that would work. Seems to work so far, was my Saturday side project because of a rainy day--need to make some slight tweaks and abuse it a bit to see how it holds up.

View attachment 391365

Thanks for the tap and bolt info.
How are you securing the front of your rmr plate?

This thread is a beast and it has probably already been asked but here I go. If these are being shipped ready for a moderator to be threaded onto the end why are the sights not suppressor hight?
I think the moderator adapter was a second thought & added after a bunch of dealers requested it.

I believe the solution to all this 3D printing and sight clearance is simply new front and rear sights, which offers a sight line above the moderator. However, I have had such incredibly great experience with reflex sights on my PP700SA that I will immediately mount one with a side laser on my GK1 when it is delivered. When I ordered and paid for mine, I also paid for their CF moderator. By using the 11mm rail on the GK1 to mount the sight, it will also allow a sight line height above the barrel line of about 40mm. Problem solved without the use of micky mouse plastic.

The Netherlands importer/distributor/dealer gets their Hubens straight from Huben, with no restrictions/special models because there aren't any restrictions here as you know.
Atm they aren't even shipped yet from Hong Kong.
The whole full first (and even second?) production batch went to the US, it's that simple.
Almost true, but the Netherlands definitely does have some restrictions on airguns. Not on power or caliber, but on the looks. If it resembles a real firearm too much it's illegal. That's why they don't sell those full-auto crosman BB guns here, or the Gamo PT-80. Those fall under catergory 1 weapons and can land you jail. You can own Airsoft Replica's, but only if you have the right paperwork.

Im willing to bet that every new airgun on the market has to go through inspection by a governing body first to detirmin if they are allowed to be sold legally. It would be nice to hear from an actual manufacturer to hear the exact details behind distribution, but I am pretty sure you can't just sell any weapon here all willy nilly.

Thanks for the tap and bolt info.
How are you securing the front of your rmr plate?
Just a little design trick. I may abandon it for a more secure design, but I'm going to abuse it over the next week to see if this initial version holds up. I'm somewhat careful with a PCP like this but need to make sure it will be 'tough' enough to share.

Reactions: SenseiSmash
In one of his recent Youtube comments he mentioned that he is "quite upset" about the situation, so no.

Imho, Gregor should have gotten the first one to give him the honour of the first review. I think it's a big shame what Huben has done. Gregor is the name giver ffs.

Huben simply have send the whole first production batch to the US. Nothing for Europe, nothing for Gregor.

I understand you Americans don't care, but c'mon.
Nah, ya don't understand buddy I'm American 110% and I CARE, I care about alot of things bro so don't throw all in the same basket. Also I'm human like we all are and what I care about is not restricted to the continental USA. I feel Gregor should very much respected for what he did by bringing this pistol to life. He has my utmost respect and gratitude.

One more point I would like to add. I'm not too upset about Huben's late delivery to Europe. As much as I would like to receive my GK1, being first usually encompasses all the grief of errors usually accompanying all new things. Perhaps late is better!
In general I totally agree. But my GK1 has been nearly flawless ootb. A rare thing for first gen item - but I've been impressed.

Here is my one critique/fix that should be made. The centering pin on top has way to much slop. There should have been internal pin holes on the side of the shroud and receiver to lock the shroud in place better.

I saw the red dot install video on YT but its not very thorough. I was wondering about where the shroud is removed and pin is pulled out if I was going to need to drill and tap that area. Also do you reinsert the pin after you tap or is there no need or no space anymore once thats been done.
Is that what you will need to do?
If you have done it already do you have the drill and tap size off hand?
My GK1 shows up next week and I have everything waiting on it so this will be my first task.

View attachment 391362

View attachment 391364
Best thing to remove the pin is to clamp it on a vise with gun upside down. I wiggled the hand grip while pulling back, very easy and no mark on the gun. You also need to drill one hole on the rmr mount for the screw that protrude on the gun action.

Best thing to remove the pin is to clamp it on a vise with gun upside down. I wiggled the hand grip while pulling back, very easy and no mark on the gun. You also need to drill one hole on the rmr mount for the screw that protrude on the gun action.
Do I clamp the vise to the reciever? Not sure I understand where you are clamping onto the gun to wiggle the grip and remove the pin.
Any additional pics or explanation would be appreciated.

Do I clamp the vise to the reciever? Not sure I understand where you are clamping onto the gun to wiggle the grip and remove the pin.
Any additional pics or explanation would be appreciated.
NO, it's going to scratch the receiver. After you remove the shroud, the pin will be exposed, I tried with visegrips but keep slipping off. Then I clamped the pin to the edge of my drill press vise and it's very easy.

For me would be as side carry when I go scouting or for certain hunts, so noise or low shot count isn't a problem, and unregulated would be better.

I've been searching for a PCP pistol that fits my needs for over a decade and a half now,...the Huben might well be nirvana.
Neag has custom hand made holsters for the gi2

I want to use it inside barns for pigeons, I mean I already have a good pigeon gun but this thing could be very handy, I just got off the phone with John, hes begging them to thread it for a moderator but he also said the pistol IS NOT regulated so now I am going to wait.
Not registered, but power is adjustable down to 400 fps

If the settings on the pistol are as flexible as the settings on the rifle, I don't see why the Huben pistol would have any issues with low to mid range powers. But shot count will be an issue as higher power levels. It's a pistol with a small air tube. Time will give all the answers.

My biggest concern is the release does not appear to provide for any moderation options. Shooting a pistol at 25+ fpe is going to be really loud. Not providing a shroud or a 1/2UNF threading will limit the purchase audience to some extent.

I anticipate seeing a price in the $1200 - $1500 range.
1/2-20 adaptor is available. How it will be distributed is still in question. Factory plans on providing the adaptor with a moderator purchase. We are trying to get them with the gk1. Until this is figured out, we had some made locally

Reactions: M0ist0ne