In one of his recent Youtube comments he mentioned that he is "quite upset" about the situation, so no.

Imho, Gregor should have gotten the first one to give him the honour of the first review. I think it's a big shame what Huben has done. Gregor is the name giver ffs.

Huben simply have send the whole first production batch to the US. Nothing for Europe, nothing for Gregor.

I understand you Americans don't care, but c'mon.
What makes you think we don't care? Do you even expect Shi#na to care when all they do is steal other peoples ideas and copyrights. Shi#na only cares about it self.

Reactions: psycho62
Maybe it’s an import issue? Every country is different. It wouldn’t surprise me if Huben gifts Gregor with a one of kind gold plated GK1 with his name being the serial #. You cannot say that sales haven’t been phenomenal, especially for the .25 caliber. I could be wrong but I believe they are on batch #3? and batch #2 hasn’t even hit the market yet.

Maybe it’s an import issue?
Nope, no single GK1 is on it's way to Europe yet, let alone stuck at the customs.

Here in the Netherlands where i live we don't have any powerrestrictions on airguns (so no import issue's), and we have a large Huben importer/dealer, and he just confirmed that his order is stil not shipped yet.

Huben completely focusses on the US so far.

Nope, no single GK1 is on it's way to Europe yet, let alone stuck at the customs.

Here in the Netherlands where i live we don't have any powerrestrictions on airguns (so no import issue's), and we have a large Huben importer/dealer, and he just confirmed that his order is stil not shipped yet.

Huben completely focusses on the US so far.
Hmmmm. Does Huben have a direct email address? If so I would inquire directly about a delivery timeline.

USA market big fast money , 1K, 2K , 3K ?? more ? pistols shipped to clients same day as dealer got them .
Huben importer/dealer here in the Netherlands has already sold more GK1's (by pre-order) than they got delivered (which is zero).

Not only Gregor is quite upset with the America first situation, whole Europe is. 🙂

Huben importer/dealer here in the Netherlands has already sold more GK1's (by pre-order) than they got delivered (which is zero).

Not only Gregor is quite upset with the America first situation, whole Europe is. 🙂
there is a very old movie " The Ugly American " Cary Grant in the 40's ?

Is the Netherlands restricted on caliber? I tried to order a .177 in the first shipment and found out that Huben hadn't completed development of the .177 version and the USA retailers didn't know when they would be available. What they did know is that they wouldn't be in the second shipment.

To be honest the vast majority of the time Europe gets new guns before the U.S.

I think this is the first time I've seen the opposite occur

In one of his recent Youtube comments he mentioned that he is "quite upset" about the situation, so no.

Imho, Gregor should have gotten the first one to give him the honour of the first review. I think it's a big shame what Huben has done. Gregor is the name giver ffs.

Huben simply have send the whole first production batch to the US. Nothing for Europe, nothing for Gregor.

I understand you Americans don't care, but c'mon.
I'm not American. I'm Dutch. I was one of the first to pre-order the GK1 from Wolfiek (Spain), and they did say October specifically, so it's not like we should be surprised that it hasn't arrived here yet. My guess is that is has something to do with rules and restrictions. Every damn country over here has vastly different laws when it comes to airguns. Be it power, caliber, aesthetics, etc. Which can also differ between pistols and rifles in some places, like Belgium. I imagine there's a lot more paperwork and arrangements that need to be made before you can distribute these things here.

Let's also not forget that Huben is not a European company. They are situated in Hong Kong. The only reason why some guns do arrive in Europe first, is because those brands have their roots there. Like FX (Sweden), Daystate (UK), KalibrGun (Czech Republic), Gamo (Spain), Hatsan (Turkey) etc.

Evanix is a South Korean manufacturer, and as I recall, the Viper arrived in Europe a little later as well. I think it's simply way easier to start importing to the US.

Last edited:
Trying to pull off a rmr mount without having to tap the locating pin hole...I know, I'm stubborn.

PXL_20230924_020933141~2.jpg

Trying to pull off a rmr mount without having to tap the locating pin hole...I know, I'm stubborn.

View attachment 391307

Why, o why, dear Huben, did you not shroud this noise machine at least somewhat?
(with a working, active shroud — not a mock shroud) 😉

➠ Instead of making add-on silencers — maybe we should do full shrouds...? (Maybe a bit longer than the OEM, maybe off-center in order to give it more diameter/volume?)

Matthias

Why, o why, dear Huben, did you not shroud this noise machine at least somewhat?
(with a working, active shroud — not a mock shroud) 😉

➠ Instead of making add-on silencers — maybe we should do full shrouds...? (Maybe a bit longer than the OEM, maybe off-center in order to give it more diameter/volume?)

Matthias
I have an idea, but just don't have a ton of time to tinker with it right now.

Reactions: TheBest
I have an idea, but just don't have a ton of time to tinker with it right now.

No rush on my part — I have drained my fun funds with recent purchases from the classified. So, my GK1 will have to wait — not my style to go into debt for a toy.... 😆

But hey, I am very interested and follow the GK1 threads closely.

➠ When I buy one, I will know exactly what to do and what to get.
Thank you all for sharing your experiences and ideas. 👍🏼

Matthias

Reactions: Genob
I'm not American. I'm Dutch. I was one of the first to pre-order the GK1 from Wolfiek (Spain), and they did say October specifically, so it's not like we should be surprised that it hasn't arrived here yet. My guess is that is has something to do with rules and restrictions. Every damn country over here has vastly different laws when it comes to airguns. Be it power, caliber, aesthetics, etc. Which can also differ between pistols and rifles in some places, like Belgium. I imagine there's a lot more paperwork and arrangements that need to be made before you can distribute these things here.

Let's also not forget that Huben is not a European company. They are situated in Hong Kong. The only reason why some guns do arrive in Europe first, is because those brands have their roots there. Like FX (Sweden), Daystate (UK), KalibrGun (Czech Republic), Gamo (Spain), Hatsan (Turkey) etc.

Evanix is a South Korean manufacturer, and as I recall, the Viper arrived in Europe a little later as well. I think it's simply way easier to start importing to the US.
The Netherlands importer/distributor/dealer gets their Hubens straight from Huben, with no restrictions/special models because there aren't any restrictions here as you know.
Atm they aren't even shipped yet from Hong Kong.
The whole full first (and even second?) production batch went to the US, it's that simple.

Reactions: DonEnzone

View attachment 391307
I saw the red dot install video on YT but its not very thorough. I was wondering about where the shroud is removed and pin is pulled out if I was going to need to drill and tap that area. Also do you reinsert the pin after you tap or is there no need or no space anymore once thats been done.
Is that what you will need to do?
If you have done it already do you have the drill and tap size off hand?
My GK1 shows up next week and I have everything waiting on it so this will be my first task.

Screenshot_20230922-200534_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20230922-200543_YouTube.jpg

Reactions: Genob and M0ist0ne