Steve, 😉

I see that you have a strong personal opinion
▪ AGAINST picatinny rails on pistols, and
▪ AGAINST scopes and other accessories on pistols (dismissing them as "gadgets").

➠ The point at which I feel offended is when you require that everybody adopts your personal opinion (this isn't even an ethical issue, just a tradition, a preference, a taste).

I will therefore not obey your order to "get a rifle". 😉

😊 Might I suggest to respect your fellow AGN members
particulary in issues such as these where there can be many different preferences, none of which are wrong, just a question of different taste.

Thanks, and be well. 👍🏼

Matthias
Mattias,
You are correct, it is my opinion, which is based on many years of pistol experience. Although I do not know first hand that folks that use these gadgets cannot shoot a pistol well, my observations over all my years indicate it is likely true. I can also state that very few pistol owners, which include police officers can shoot a pistol well......it is actually scary how true that is. My stated opinion is not an insult to anyone, it is good advice. The value of a pistol is compactness, ease of use and convenient carry, but if you can't hit your target without these gadgets, you have lost all those advantages. In which case you would be better off with a rifle. Now if is your preference to shoot a pistol only from a bench with a rest that is a choice.

Mattias,
You are correct, it is my opinion, which is based on many years of pistol experience. Although I do not know first hand that folks that use these gadgets cannot shoot a pistol well, my observations over all my years indicate it is likely true. I can also state that very few pistol owners, which include police officers can shoot a pistol well......it is actually scary how true that is. My stated opinion is not an insult to anyone, it is good advice. The value of a pistol is compactness, ease of use and convenient carry, but if you can't hit your target without these gadgets, you have lost all those advantages. In which case you would be better off with a rifle. Now if is your preference to shoot a pistol only from a bench with a rest that is a choice.
I agree, off course anybody does his thing but for me a pistol is minimalistic, naked for quick draw and instinctive shooting.

if I have the need to ad scopes, LDCs and so I just get a Mini-Carbine then

I agree, off course anybody does his thing but for me a pistol is minimalistic, naked for quick draw and instinctive shooting.

if I have the need to ad scopes, LDCs and so I just get a Mini-Carbine then
This is the gun to make a mini, saving a thousand over the competition

Mattias,
Just wanted to add some thoughts here.

I agree a pistol is best as a pistol. But I also really enjoy pistol carbines. If you add a stock, then why not just get a bullpup, right? Here's the thing, for me. With the pistol carbine - you maintain the direct trigger contact versus have the trigger linked to the back of the gun. And the overall setup will be more compact and lighter (in general) than a corresponding rifle.

Sometimes it's all about fun and just trying out different setups. If there weren't others who felt the same way then we wouldn't see such a huge accessory market IMO.

I shot and owned my first pistol at 12 years old. A real 22 RF. Some I keep with open sights, and some I got dots on & some scopes. A lil over 50 years of shooting pistols. I have a scope on my GK1. I may put a dot on it sometime. But right now, I love it scoped. I never fixed up a gun for someone else, I set em up to suit me and what application I want to use that gun for. Never gave a rat's butt about the eleventh commandment, "Thou shall not mount an optic on a handgun", I do however love Elmer Keith and Bill Jordan. :)

V2 test print of my loading gate

InCollage_20230921_180401314.jpg

Off hand open sights JTS 18 gr, 22, 30 yards shooting 600 FPS , Had to put my glasses on the open sights are pretty small , I think. Just sighting the gun in. Still looking for a probe hole cover and a small light muffler that I can still use open sights,
View attachment 390866
I don’t think there are any commercially available mufflers right now that facilitates the use of iron sights. Member teslatothemoon has made his muffler available for purchase and member subscriber has offered 3d print files freely to the public. Please read his cautionary statements. Both the above designs allow the use of iron sights.
I personally have mufflers made from subscribers files. If you’re only shooting @ 600 fps it will be pretty quiet. I have the 5”, and 8” conventional designs I guess you can say? I also have a 6.5” Oval design. All are in .25, not sure if subscriber would recommend to use caliber specific mufflers. I believe the 5” version weighs 79 grams. They are all very effective. I believe a shorty version is in the works 3” and 4.25”.

Last edited:
Reactions: Genob
I saw that Gregor K (and the rest of Europe) still doesn't have the GK1 yet. Especially Gregor still not having one, isn't that incredibly disrespecfull from Huben?
Maybe he opted to get it at release like everyone else. I mean, he already has his own prototype to play with. So more than likely he's not in any rush to get his hands on the production model. No need to feel disrespect on behalf of someone else. Im sure him and Huben are on great terms.

Last edited:
Reactions: SenseiSmash
Maybe he opted to get it at release like everyone else. I mean, he already has his own prototype to play with. So more than likely he's not in any rush to get his hands on the production model. No need to feel disrespect on behalf of someone else. Im sure him and Huben are on great terms.
In one of his recent Youtube comments he mentioned that he is "quite upset" about the situation, so no.

Imho, Gregor should have gotten the first one to give him the honour of the first review. I think it's a big shame what Huben has done. Gregor is the name giver ffs.

Huben simply have send the whole first production batch to the US. Nothing for Europe, nothing for Gregor.

I understand you Americans don't care, but c'mon.

Last edited:
Reactions: psycho62