Thanks for the feedback, so far.

What about larger front face corner radii? Easier to get into a holster, and echoes the look of the air tank. Makes the Muffler look a little less bulky too.

The images below have the second and third muffler compared. The third one has the corner radii kept at 1 mm. The second muffler has the frontal corner radius increased to 2 mm; then to 3 mm.

Which looks better?

For reference, the 1.5 OD by 5" long offset muffler M0ist0ne printed (above) has a 2 mm front corner radius.

View attachment 388511

View attachment 388512

View attachment 388513

View attachment 388514
Personally, I don't mind the more squared-up with rounded corner look. I have odd rates though lol

Thanks again for the brief test. Just wondering with all the mods you tested are there poi changes using the iron sights?
I haven't tested for that specifically yet. But from what I can tell so far with how the barrel is attached and how the barrel cover kept in place, the heavier the mod, the more poi shift you'll have.

Reactions: IMADMAN
The 4 section Impulse air is plenty backyard friendly. It’s a mystery why it works so well on the GK1 and it has been languishing in my drawer for a year because I found it to be much less effective than the DonnyFLs on my FX rifles.

I agree with you on the impulse weevil, and that it works so dang well on the GK1.

I have a feeling it's to do with the design of the both pcp and the internals. Most Donnys are more of an 'extension' of shroud volume--minimal baffling, more about internal to external noise dampening via volume. Whereas the impulse with it's baffle design is more about mitigation/sound wave redirection.

So that's why I think the Donnys perform 'better' on shrouded rifles--essentially they are just adding more shroud volume. I also believe that's why the impulse may perform better on the unshrouded GK1. When I did the quick test last night, the Donny and subscriber's were about even from a measurement standpoint but the Donny sounded 'louder'. Had more of a 'whoomp' to it--almost like it didn't know what to do with the air volume. Vs subscriber's design, his is more about actual mitigation/redirection.

In no way, shape or form do I have the technical expertise to explain it...but makes sense to me with my limited knowledge set. Heh

Last edited:
Is it possible to add to the back side of the bottom chamber to get it closer to the front of the air cylinder when screwed on, or would that interfere with the ability to screw it one? I'm also looking for something that would be easy to holler, so the more rounded leading edge would be preferred. I also like the models that more closelyy follow the lines of the shroud and air cylinder. Great design!

Is it possible to add to the back side of the bottom chamber to get it closer to the front of the air cylinder when screwed on, or would that interfere with the ability to screw it one? I'm also looking for something that would be easy to holler, so the more rounded leading edge would be preferred. I also like the models that more closelyy follow the lines of the shroud and air cylinder. Great design!
It may be possible, if the gap is predictable and the same from one pistol to the next. Probably depends on how close a gap you want nominally?

I modelled the pistol from dimensions provided to me by IMADMAN. Dimension I did not have, I assumed for the sake of appearance. So, if I am provided the distance from the base of the air tank to the shroud front face, I can model what you seek, with perhaps a 1 or 2 mm gap. The gap in my model is 6.35 mm or .25". Everything looks larger, when you zoom in on it.

Reactions: Coolhand
Hands free holster. I’m 5’ 8” 150lbs. Should be good should you need to have your hands free. You can even wear a jacket over it. $8.00 at a local thrift store.

IMG_1127.jpeg

IMG_1128.jpeg

IMG_1126.jpeg

IMG_1125.jpeg

I agree with you on the impulse weevil, and that it works so dang well on the GK1.

I have a feeling it's to do with the design of the both pcp and the internals. Most Donnys are more of an 'extension' of shroud volume--minimal baffling, more about internal to external noise dampening via volume. Whereas the impulse with it's baffle design is more about mitigation/sound wave redirection.

So that's why I think the Donnys perform 'better' on shrouded rifles--essentially they are just adding more shroud volume. I also believe that's why the impulse may perform better on the unshrouded GK1. When I did the quick test last night, the Donny and subscriber's were about even from a measurement standpoint but the Donny sounded 'louder'. Had more of a 'whoomp' to it--almost like it didn't know what to do with the air volume. Vs subscriber's design, his is more about actual mitigation/redirection.

In no way, shape or form do I have the technical expertise to explain it...but makes sense to me with my limited knowledge set. Heh
I was thinking the same thing last night. The acid test would be to have someone (like subscriber) make an insert for the Donny and see if it improves the performance.

Reactions: Coolhand
I was thinking the same thing last night. The acid test would be to have someone (like subscriber) make an insert for the Donny and see if it improves the performance.
I did something crazy back in the day for an FX hollow can, noticable difference in sound reduction.

IMG_20211114_155701_047.jpg

IMO, the typical 3-4 baffle arrangement in the shorter FX hollow cans was just ok.

IMG_20211115_100506_780.jpg

I imagine just using the shell of a Donny with a well-designed insert would work great

Hi fderry,

Congrats on your GK1. I’m the person on here who was touting the GTOs and I am glad to hear that they are working well for someone else. I switched briefly to the use of JTS 18.1s, mostly because the GTOs are expensive. But…. After a weekend of shooting, I am back on the GTOs because they are so much more accurate. I urge others to try them. I’ve been through dozens of different pellets and slugs and all I can say is that there is some alignment of the stars between the GTOs and Huben barrel, at least for the 22. I am shooting them at 890 for ~20fpe and the groups at 40y are consistently 3x smaller than anything else I’ve tried. I’m happy to suck up the cost given the accuracy.

Edit: excuse the messed up reply format - I got caught up with replying to another post…
weevil,
Thank you for your posts on the GTOs. That is what pushed me over the edge to get the GK1 in .22 after running the 11.75gr pellet at various velocities in a ballistic fpe calculator. Now that I have the GK1 I am very impressed with its performance over various velocities and pellet weights. The only issue I see is noise reduction from a hearing prospective. I can legally shoot powder burners on my property so I'm not as concerned with neighbors as I'm concerned with my hearing. I am surprised on how loud the GK1 is at ~14.2fpe. So the ongoing conversations on moderators is very interesting to me.

I know what makes the impulse so good. Could easily do a DFL insert to mimic the impulse. By easily, I mean after the other project I have started are completed, or written off as failures.

Alright, I think these are ready to go now! 🙂 I still need to do a large test of all of the suppressors I have on hand right now and add that data to the webpage tomorrow, but other than that I think I'm ready to start cranking these out. 😃

Pricing for now will be between $45.49 and $67.99 plus shipping depending on the options chosen. For the first 25 sold I will replace the suppressors for free at least once in the event of pellet/slug clippings of the baffles or structural failures of the suppressor should there be any. If the pricing seems a little high to anyone, please consider that Buck Rail suppressors are 3D printed and cost about $30-$40 but are only about one third to one half as effective as these are by spatial volume (I'll verify this tomorrow with the final round of decibel tests).

The current iteration (1.3) of the 4.25" variant is giving a reduction of right around 10dB (94.4dB) vs the bare muzzle (104.5dB) when using pellets, I'll have more accurate numbers tomorrow. I haven't printed any 5.125" or 6" ones yet, but they will likely result in reductions of around 11-12dB and 13-14dB respectively.

IMG_9743.jpg

IMG_9742.jpg

IMG_9616 (1).jpeg

IMG_9744.jpg

IMG_9745.jpg

IMG_9746.jpg

IMG_9747.jpg

IMG_9749.jpg

IMG_9751.jpg

IMG_9752.jpg

IMG_9755.jpg

IMG_9757 rotated.jpg

IMG_9758.jpg

IMG_9759.jpg

M0ist0ne,

Was this insert printed on its side? I ask, based on how to deal with overhangs.

View attachment 388694
Yes, it was. 😁 the two bars on the sides are filleted with flats. Also helps make sure the insert didn't get stuck in the can. Was the only way I could try to print the crazy stack.

I made it more as a joke, but it surprisingly worked fairly well.

Reactions: subscriber