• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.
Yes, there is some wiggle within the tolerance between the pin and the slot it goes in at the back until you tighten it down all the way. If you’re doing this regularly you will probably see a POI shift from the variance of the front sight post. It’s probably not much though.
Yes - this is what I am seeing. I don't expect to be swapping the moderator on and off much once I find the one I like.

Also - I'm only shooting the GK1 off hand with a red dot. So I'm likely imparting more wiggle than the shroud movement would change POA/POI.

Reactions: TeslaToTheMoon
Yes, there is some wiggle within the tolerance between the pin and the slot it goes in at the back until you tighten it down all the way. If you’re doing this regularly you will probably see a POI shift from the variance of the front sight post. It’s probably not much though.
Since I tapped mine and remove the dowel pin, I use 2 piece of delrin (one on each side) lightly clamp while tightening the barrel nut or adapter for moderator. This way it returns to center every time. And I don't see a need to keep changing, so I leave the adapter on.

Got a question for those with moderator adapters. I got my first adapter today. When unscrewing the stock muzzle nut I saw how the front piece which covers the barrel comes loose. After installing the adapter it appears the front piece still has some wiggle in it. It moves from side to side a bit as I tighten or remove a moderator. Is anyone else seeing this? This is one of the custom ones from Kelly.
Are you saying that his adapter doesn’t fit precisely and there’s a gap in between the adapter and shroud? Or are you talking about the side to side movement of the whole shroud when the barrel nut is loose?

Just a friendly heads up to be very careful NOT to let the reservoir pressure get too low (below 150 bar) when using a 3D printed suppressor or other weaker types of materials. I blew up two in a row because of the GK1 attempting to dump all of the air when the reservoir pressure got too low. That probably caused some hearing damage… It appears my current design is strongest at the threaded insert portion, I need to offset the voids inside the suppressor below the bore line, and possibly decrease or eliminate the gap between the walls of the suppressor and the infill pattern.

What do you think @subscriber, should I try to strengthen the bond between the walls and the interior infill pattern or leave it as is so that if it does burst due to letting the reservoir pressure go too low, it may be less explosive?

View attachment 387257
Your post got me thinking. I’m almost certain it dumped all the air because you were shooting heavy ammo with a high power tune. Once you got to low pressure, shooting with heavy ammo will cause excessive back pressure causing the valves to dump all of the remaining air.

I'm making one more little tweak but works well with the dual magnets--could probably just get away with one...two pairs is a bit of overkill. Heh

InCollage_20230909_181619335~2.jpg

@subscriber 's offset moderator is up next. Yup, white marble filament.

PXL_20230909_230817805.MP.jpg

Last edited:
Just got my adapter today. I tried 4 mods. I think the FX Donny Fl mod that comes with the impact is my quietest. It might be better if it was a .22 mod, mine is a .25 & my pistol is a .22. I am at 820 with 21 grains. Once I get done hunting these ground hogs, I may set it down some for-squirrel hunting and try to get by with my Huggett Atom. It surely looks the best on it and keeps the length minimal. .

I'm making one more little tweak but works well with the dual magnets--could probably just get away with one...two pairs is a bit of overkill. Heh

View attachment 387629

@subscriber 's offset moderator is up next. Yup, white marble filament.

View attachment 387630
Nice job! Looking forward to your impressions about @subscribers mod and it’s performance. Will you be testing it throughout the power range?

Are you saying that his adapter doesn’t fit precisely and there’s a gap in between the adapter and shroud? Or are you talking about the side to side movement of the whole shroud when the barrel nut is loose?
No - i pulled the shroud off and everything fits together well. There's just some turning movement of the shroud when fully tightened. Nothing you would notice with the stock insert. What @TeslaToTheMoon said is correct. The alignment pin and the notch in the shroud have a loose tolerance so there is some movement.

I tried the Falx mod on it and tuned it up to ~820 with .25 25gr pellets and it's very quiet. But that's big can. Going to try a Huggett Bellita next.

For those taking notes on shot count. I'm getting one full mag - 17 shots - from 250 bar down to around 160 bar shooting at ~820 fps.

Nice job! Looking forward to your impressions about @subscribers mod and it’s performance. Will you be testing it throughout the power range?
Yeah, I'll run it up the range since it's 3d printed. Will probably turn it up to 850fps for the assorted mod testing. But will be going back down to my 750ish after.

I've yet to experience a valve dump on mine...and I've gone down close to 100 bar...but I'm at a pretty economical power level right now.

Reactions: Genob
I have loading gates on my K1 rifles but I’m sticking with the stock gate on the pistol. I find I’m refilling air and pellets together after each mag and the air takes longer than the pellet loading with the stock gate. Plus, the blocky gates don’t look good on this beauty.
I was thinking of making a more stock-shaped version but magnetically retained. Top half would just separate to allow loading--just don't drop it! 😂 Want to also design a fill port plug that can double as a pellet seater

Anyone found a holster yet? And how many GK1 owners are comfortable wearing this loaded gun on your hip or across your chest? How comfortable are you with the safety?

I think a lot of folks are going to be shooting through plenty of lead with this gun.
I've looked but can't find anything I'd be comfortable with. I got a .22 cal from NE Airguns and even asked them before mine arrived and I think Joe was going to try and custom make a leather one to fit it. If he did I'd by it. To be honest I'd feel alot more comfortable and at ease with it in a holster instead of hanging off my shoulder/neck but whatever works. I know it's a little beast for a pcp pistol and would be absolutely perfect for a side carry in the woods for snakes etc...

David

Reactions: Ezana4CE
I've looked but can't find anything I'd be comfortable with. I got a .22 cal from NE Airguns and even asked them before mine arrived and I think Joe was going to try and custom make a leather one to fit it. If he did I'd by it. To be honest I'd feel alot more comfortable and at ease with it in a holster instead of hanging off my shoulder/neck but whatever works. I know it's a little beast for a pcp pistol and would be absolutely perfect for a side carry in the woods for snakes etc...

David
@psycho62 Who is Joe?

I am sure I could find the amazon link for the side holster, I do not recommend it I would not use it, It hangs on the front sight and you can not pull the gun out with one hand, Takes two hands, Its a no go,, There has to be a better side holster. The shoulder bag works pretty good and it was a cheap 10 15 dollar china bag,

Reactions: psycho62