Mine with red dot and green laser. Just walked around the chicken pen and tagged two rats using the laser shooting from the hip. Totally badass pesting rig!

IMG_0579.jpeg

I just want something to keep dirt and small birds out of my air filling port, Legionair has some gold bling on his filling port, Anyone know what will fit or anyone make one with the copy machines, Shipping more than the part I am sure
Mike
Damn good question Mike and one that I'm interested in myself. I have not got mine out to shoot yet because of my eye surgery crap but I'd love to plug that hole up.

M0ist0ne,

That sounds pretty quiet compared to whatever the pellet is hitting. When there is no sound calibration, I judge sharpness, duration and echo. It scores well on all three, suggesting it is quiet. It certain sounds inoffensive. I would have been great to have a bare muzzle comparison, but I am more curious about this:

In one of your other videos, you speak of a 3D printed sleeve over a muffler. If you have 3D printing capability, it would be very much appreciated if you would print one of my muffler designs, and evaluate it against what you have. I am not hung up about instrument numbers, but impressions matter a great deal.

Here is the AGN forum attachment link for the zipped STLs for my offset muffler design:

Gun to big for any hip holster I have tried, Maybe if you don't set down it would be OK. I have a shoulder bag that it fits in pretty good be OK for truck use , Or my dirt bike for rattle snake hunting , I have not been able to try either one with the gun but I will see if I can get a picture up of the shoulder bag, No moderator on with gun in holster or shoulder bag.

M0ist0ne,

That sounds pretty quiet compared to whatever the pellet is hitting. When there is no sound calibration, I judge sharpness, duration and echo. It scores well on all three, suggesting it is quiet. It certain sounds inoffensive. I would have been great to have a bare muzzle comparison, but I am more curious about this:

In one of your other videos, you speak of a 3D printed sleeve over a muffler. If you have 3D printing capability, it would be very much appreciated if you would print one of my muffler designs, and evaluate it against what you have. I am not hung up about instrument numbers, but impressions matter a great deal.

Here is the AGN forum attachment link for the zipped STLs for my offset muffler design:

Yeah, it's pretty quiet vs other moderators I have tried on it. And for sure, I planned on trying to get your design printed this weekend. I do have a cheap db meter, so I would like to do a comparison that's not just with my ears. 😂 At least can see the relative difference between other mods using the same meter/testing conditions. I'll try to record the testing as well.

Reactions: subscriber
Thanks;
If you can capture the different contenders on video from the same vantage point, that would be instructive also for sound "quality".

You bet!

I normally mount the meter on a tripod and pew from a stationary rest so things are as 'equal' as can be. For this, I'd mount a GoPro another tripod.

Reactions: subscriber
I really, really want this pistol,

I need to make one more big push to sell my guns :p

Yes, Manny, it's got your name written all over it.
It really does — look closely on the front section of the barrel.

It's even in capital letters:
M A N N Y

Wishing you all the best for getting the necessary dough together, bro. 👍🏼

Matthias

Upgraded the case to a larger pistol case

View attachment 387191

As you can see by the little puncture marks my dog decided to start customizing the foam before me. I thought the mail man delivered it to the wrong house until I found it laying in the yard lol.
Nice doggy, telling you where fill probe goes in the case,lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Pale_Rider
Just a friendly heads up to be very careful NOT to let the reservoir pressure get too low (below 150 bar) when using a 3D printed suppressor or other weaker types of materials. I blew up two in a row because of the GK1 attempting to dump all of the air when the reservoir pressure got too low. That probably caused some hearing damage… It appears my current design is strongest at the threaded insert portion, I need to offset the voids inside the suppressor below the bore line, and possibly decrease or eliminate the gap between the walls of the suppressor and the infill pattern.

What do you think @subscriber, should I try to strengthen the bond between the walls and the interior infill pattern or leave it as is so that if it does burst due to letting the reservoir pressure go too low, it may be less explosive?

IMG_9698.jpeg

I just want something to keep dirt and small birds out of my air filling port, Legionair has some gold bling on his filling port, Anyone know what will fit or anyone make one with the copy machines, Shipping more than the part I am sure
Mike
Thanks, you just reminded me. I've been thinking to make one and decided now is the time. I used 1/2" UHM black rod and reduced it to 6.9mm x 35mm, cut O-ring grove at 33.5 mm from shoulder so I can put O-ring by the shoulder also.

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

There we go, that’s better! It still failed, but not nearly as explosively and it might be fixed by simply offsetting the voids in the infill pattern.

The problem causing it to be so weak was the infill not attaching firmly to the walls when using Prusa Slicer (which I’m not as familiar with), not a problem in Cura. The new printer I got for high speed production (Qidi X Max 3 40% faster than X Plus 1) relies on a fork of Prusa Slicer, so I’ll need to make some tweaks to the model, tweaks in the slicer, or give up some cool features with the Prusa forked slicer and use Cura to generate g code instead.

I think this might actually prove to be a net benefit that these GK1s dump all the air near the end, because now I have an effective and repeatable method for over pressure testing all of my moderators. 😃

For the safety Nazis, I’m putting on safety goggles, hearing protection, a face shield, gloves, a hoodie, a jacket, and placing a 55 gallon drum between my body and the pistol when blowing these up now. 😂 Doing my best not to take any chances. But holy hell is it loud when one of these fail because of a reservoir dump. Hopefully I won’t get a visit from the cops from the sound. 🤯

*Edit, I have no idea where the end piece went, lol. Probably landed somewhere behind in the forest after bouncing up the hill.

IMG_9699.jpeg

IMG_9700.jpeg

IMG_9701.jpeg

IMG_9631.jpeg

IMG_9630.jpeg

Last edited:
There we go, that’s better! It still failed, but not nearly as explosively and it might be fixed by simply offsetting the voids in the infill pattern.

The problem causing it to be so weak was the infill not attaching firmly to the walls when using Prusa Slicer (which I’m not as familiar with), not a problem in Cura. The new printer I got for high speed production (Qidi X Max 3 40% faster than X Plus 1) relies on a fork of Prusa Slicer, so I’ll need to make some tweaks to the model, tweaks in the slicer, or give up some cool features with the Prusa forked slicer and use Cura to generate g code instead.

I think this might actually prove to be a net benefit that these GK1s dump all the air near the end, because now I have an effective and repeatable method for over pressure testing all of my moderators. 😃

For the safety Nazis, I’m putting on safety goggles, hearing protection, a face shield, gloves, a hoodie, a jacket, and placing a 55 gallon drum between my body and the pistol when blowing these up now. 😂 Doing my best not to take any chances. But holy hell is it loud when one of these fail because of a reservoir dump. Hopefully I won’t get a visit from the cops from the sound. 🤯

*Edit, I have no idea where the end piece went, lol. Probably landed somewhere behind in the forest after bouncing up the hill.

View attachment 387278

View attachment 387279

View attachment 387280
View attachment 387300
View attachment 387299
I assume the dump is happening with dry firing?

I assume the dump is happening with dry firing?
With JSB .25 33.95 gr pellets. It also happens when dry firing, but that only takes one shot to empty the reservoir it seems. In this case, it's dumping a larger amount of air than it should for 2-3 shots (when using pellets) since there is still some back pressure from the pellet to help reseal the valve I think.

With JSB .25 33.95 gr pellets. It also happens when dry firing, but that only takes one shot to empty the reservoir it seems. In this case, it's dumping a larger amount of air than it should for 2-3 shots (when using pellets) since there is still some back pressure from the pellet to help reseal the valve I think.
Thanks for the info. What is the peak speed or FPE of your tune?

Reactions: TeslaToTheMoon