https://www.aresairgunstactical.com/In StockHuben-Pistol GK1-2023-22-Cal_p_1982.html

in stock now. Just got the .22 today from Zachary, If it gets views (review video), then I will do the .25 for Kelly.

20230907_121131.jpg

20230907_121449.jpg

Question from you Huben pistol owners :

With a .25 pistol set at pretty high power, what kind of power and shot count do you get at 250 BAR ?

Thanks in advance
From 250BAR to 150BAR I can get one full 17 round magazine at 850 FPS shooting FX 25.4 grain pellets. With a 350BAR fill that goes to two full magazines.

Also energy is imparted to the pellet from the air. But the difference between the rifle and pistol is interesting. The rifle releases much less air when dry fired and is also known to compensate for projectile weight without any changes to the power wheel. It appears that the valve stays open longer with heavier projectiles in the case of the rifle. Perhaps the short barrel of the pistol precludes this effect.

I’m also noticing that projectile speed rather than power is correlated with noise level. Heavy slugs shooting at 40fpe seem to be quieter than lightweight GTOs shooting faster but only yielding 20fpe. 30fpe 18.1 pellets are in between. I feel like I’ve just got to a point where I understand all the nuances of the rifle, but this pistol is another PhD.
Interesting observations.

How did you figure out that the rifle releases much less air when dry fired?

The short barrel does preclude the effect. The longer barrel on the K1 delays the pressure drop needed to close the first valve (the valve that is adjusted with power wheel). The delay means means the valves are open longer, allowing more air to be released (especially with the stronger back pressure from heavy slugs).

Anyone making a plate so I can mount an RMR or even a picatinny rail?

I told myself no more toys till the Bitcoin Halving - think I'm just gonna have to do it.
That’s on my to do list, I need to get the offset suppressors out first though. The current plan is for them to be made of nylon (PA12) and be MJF 3D printed (the plates/adapters). I’ve already got a general idea on the design, just am not there yet. Who knows, maybe someone will beat me to it and just make them out of aluminum, we’ll see. The aftermarket accessories potential for this is exciting, so many possibilities! 🙂

Anyone making a plate so I can mount an RMR or even a picatinny rail?

I told myself no more toys till the Bitcoin Halving - think I'm just gonna have to do it.
Please check my post #738, I use a Ruger 10-22 Docter base. But an RMR base will also work and same mods are required. A clearance hole is needed for the screw on top of action, you can use 1/4" drill for it.

Reactions: allinssd
Nice setup!

I'm looking for something I don't have to do anything with. I don't have tapping skills, I can destroy anything with a dremel though.
It’s nice having the red dot towards the back. Thanks to @Boomstrike for figuring out this setup. It’s uncanny how a mount made for a 10/22 perfectly lines up with the holes on the huben. What’s funny is that this mount doesn’t fit the 10/22 well because it has a flat base. If it had a curved base like a proper 10/22 mount is supposed to then it would not fit right on the GK1.

Interesting observations.

How did you figure out that the rifle releases much less air when dry fired?

The short barrel does preclude the effect. The longer barrel on the K1 delays the pressure drop needed to close the first valve (the valve that is adjusted with power wheel). The delay means means the valves are open longer, allowing more air to be released (especially with the stronger back pressure from heavy slugs).
Thanks for the technical explanation. To your question, I first suspected it from noise alone but confirmed it by comparing pressure drop between the same number of dry fires vs those shooting projectiles. It’s really exacerbated in my 22 rifle which is set to shoot the GTOs at low power (100bar reg; ~21fpe).

Reactions: Heyboy
A few of you have posted ldc numbers.
I have a sto falx. On my 25, which is still lower power since testing inside still.. to my ear it seems much quieter than just Zach's adapter.
But my phone sound meter app from 3 ft on front and 1 ft to the side sees no difference at all. 80-81 db both ways..
O well, my ears prefer the falx on it.

I just want something to keep dirt and small birds out of my air filling port, Legionair has some gold bling on his filling port, Anyone know what will fit or anyone make one with the copy machines, Shipping more than the part I am sure
Mike
As soon as my new hotend comes in I'm going to test some petg fill plugs. Also have to make some pumpkins for the wife ....maybe a holiday themed fill port plug hm...