The only trouble I have read is its loud, I like hair triggers on my guns , On my rifles I measure with feathers , Well not really, Like the Huben Rifle its about a 2 lb pull but I don't take it off safety until I am ready to shoot , On a semi auto got to have a safety, But on my other pistols and rifles I hate a safety, Its not loaded until I am ready to pull the trigger. I laughed my as s off when the Crickets came out and did not have a safety, Everybody said your going to shoot your eye out and kill everyone with out A safety, A little common sense goes a long way..
I know, I know, If your under 60 I can here the moans now, You got to have safety switches to save your life...
It is incredibly loud. I have mine shooting .25 cal JSB 25.39 @850FPS. It is way to loud to use without ear protection. I hope the 1/2x20 adapters become available soon.

It's already been gone over plenty here why...doesn't mean you can't and that people won't...just not going to be a big trend all manufacturers will follow nor enthusiasts...
I guess it is so many other things, it depends on your intended usage. Will everybody want one of these? Probably not. It is however, the very first high power PCP pistol. My point is pistols are short, light and quick to get on target. Until now, no high power PCP options were available. Pistols are intended for short ranges. This fits my needs. Can this pistol be used at low power, yes. Can this pistol be used at long ranges, yes, but there are better choices for those applications. You can also predict that other manufacturers will produce competitive pistols. This pistol is the beginning, not a fluke.

I guess it is so many other things, it depends on your intended usage. Will everybody want one of these? Probably not. It is however, the very first high power PCP pistol. My point is pistols are short, light and quick to get on target. Until now, no high power PCP options were available. Pistols are intended for short ranges. This fits my needs. Can this pistol be used at low power, yes. Can this pistol be used at long ranges, yes, but there are better choices for those applications. You can also predict that other manufacturers will produce competitive pistols. This pistol is the beginning, not a fluke.
"This pistol is the beginning, not a fluke."
I couldn't agree more.

I have lots a different guns. Everyone of them I like in their own way. Some are for hunting, some for looking at, some for target, some for all day shooting, etc.

High power from a short barrel is for hunting/dispatch or when your buddies come over “hey, wanna shoot this beast?!!” Definitely NOT for extended shooting fun.

For me, the gun (any gun) is just not practical at higher power. But since it doesn’t have to be shot at that level, it’s cool to know it can with the twist of an Allen wrench.

Dave

The Huben gk1 is fantastic. Yeah it's loud but that is its only drawback in my opinion, and to be able to get 50 to 60 FPE out of such a small package, loudness is an easy trade-off. The gun looks cool, is accurate for 20 yards, I am not tried to shoot it over that, I put a laser dot on it and and I just use the iron sights that's on it. Anything over 20 yards I'm going to get my regular Huben or my Western rattler. The pistol is just great to take with you in the woods.

I've been shooting my .22 at 20fpe, with jsb 18gr, It is definitely louder than the 11fpe it came at, but i do live in the country and its no problem. I probably will still get a moderator at some point. I don't think I personally want or need more power out of it than that.

I was also torn on getting a scope. I'm gonna try a cheap bsa 2x20, and if i like it maybe get that really nice leupold fx-II 4x28. However, with just the built in sites, I was able to get 5 shots in 1" at 25 yards from my shooting bench. I'm not very good with open sights, so that was pretty impressive! I do think with a scope it should have accuracy and power for squirrels out to 50 yards, and tons of fun plinking. I guess I need to set up a line of 19 cans...

Practicality is a matter of opinion. What’s a fact is the gun is wasting excessive air shooting at those power levels. That being said, it is still efficient even when “wasting” air. I don’t know the exact calculations but a full mag at 50 fpe from that small of a tank is damn efficient. Thankfully, the gun isn’t a one trick pony and can be very versatile in terms of power. Someone spoke of trends; Huben doesn’t follow trends they SET them. This pistol will be the benchmark for versatility, semi auto in a compact form.

Practicality is a matter of opinion. What’s a fact is the gun is wasting excessive air shooting at those power levels. That being said, it is still efficient even when “wasting” air. I don’t know the exact calculations but a full mag at 50 fpe from that small of a tank is damn efficient. Thankfully, the gun isn’t a one trick pony and can be very versatile in terms of power. Someone spoke of trends; Huben doesn’t follow trends they SET them. This pistol will be the benchmark for versatility, semi auto in a compact form.
Word !!

Reactions: Pale_Rider
Well said. I didn't understand the question of practicality. The technology exists and works well. Power requirements are different for all of us for different reasons. It's great the huben gk1 gives us one pistol that literally cover the spectrum of power levels.

Not the first high power pistol, high power semi yes.

Don't know. But Zachary from Ares said in his video he was going to have some made.
Just for his customers? For open sale for those who can't wait on huben?
Hopefully other Huben dealers will follow his lead. I would rather pay for one now, than get a free one in October- November, just saying.

Reactions: Coolhand