• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Ok brain fart here, I am going to reorder my gun from the master of Huben, Kelly, I am going to need a trigger job. I can live with a one LB trigger, and upgraded loading gate,, Now I am going to be all set,, Now I am all set I do not care if I have to wait a few months as long as I know its been in Kellys hands and has a trigger job and the up graded gate installed on the pistol I am good now, ...
Mike

kelly did mention one thing about the cylinder lock lever - they are looking at moving to pointing up and flipping down, to better accommodate lefties.

also, my gk1 is marked with a 'v1' so looks like huben is getting clearer about versions/revisions.

the shooting and action are amazing, but equally amazing is the weight and balance. It's not super forward heavy, the grips are almost perfect for me out of the box.

i feel like i am emu talking about his sidewinder now! /huge_grin

Ok brain fart here, I am going to reorder my gun from the master of Huben, Kelly, I am going to need a trigger job. I can live with a one LB trigger, and upgraded loading gate,, Now I am going to be all set,, Now I am all set I do not care if I have to wait a few months as long as I know its been in Kellys hands and has a trigger job and the up graded gate installed on the pistol I am good now, ...
Mike
the trigger is even better than the k1 - its light enough kelly will warn you about double taps!
So i sliced the heck out of my trigger finger right across the finger print - the trigger is light enough (and short travel) that typing is more of a pain than pulling that trigger! got three bandaids holding a butterfly across it - and the gk1 trigger is still useable!

Reactions: Coolhand
That’s nuts. I don’t see my .25 Lelya 2.0 touching that level of energy.

Pretty sure this gun only does around 40 fpe? At least they claim 54 j and 40 fpe (255 m/s with 25.4) although I could be missing something?

My calculations suggest this 8.25" barrel would maybe get a couple 60 fpe shots IF you filled it to 4,500 psi.

-Matt

Pretty sure this gun only does around 40 fpe? At least they claim 54 j and 40 fpe (255 m/s with 25.4) although I could be missing something?

My calculations suggest this 8.25" barrel would maybe get a couple 60 fpe shots IF you filled it to 4,500 psi.

-Matt
Stubs,

Your calculations are off according to the creator of the GK1 (Gregor).

With a fill pressure of 220 bar and 48 gr slugs he was able to achieve 60 fpe. Also, he was using a 7.4” barrel compared to the 8.25” and has a shorter air tank. Still he was able to get 5 usable shots. If the gun is filled to 300+ bar it should be able to get higher velocity or more shots.

7D367F0B-09F8-4B08-90E0-DF492CFD3AB3.jpeg

Last edited:
Stubs,

Your calculations are off according to the creator of the GK1 (Gregor).

With a fill pressure of 220 bar and 48 gr slugs he was able to achieve 60 fpe. Also, he was using a 7.4” barrel compared to the 8.25” and has a shorter air tank. Still he was able to get 5 usable shots. If the gun is filled to 300+ bar it should be able to get higher velocity or more shots.

View attachment 381205

I am not using my calculations rather what the manufacturer has posted on their website...I haven't seen anyone here post 60 fpe strings but I am also not going to look thru all 22 pages so if someone has kindly link me...

Also my calculations still aren't "off", I said it should be able to be done?

1692217308384.png

“My calculations suggest this 8.25" barrel would maybe get a couple 60 fpe shots IF you filled it to 4,500 psi.

-Matt”

You said YOUR calculations lol. And according to your calculations 4500 psi(310 bar) was needed to achieve 60 fpe. In reality 220 bar is all that’s needed.

It only made 59 fpe at 220 bar...so your reality is still, skewed? The part I was possibly incorrect about is not my calculation, it is quoting the manufacturer based on how much energy it can make...

My calculation is still not incorrect, I said it will make 60 fpe for a couple shots @ a 4,500 psi fill...and it should. Heck if it makes 59 fpe @ 220 bar, it should make A LOT more at 300 bar...

In fact, if it can do 59 fpe @ 220 bar, it should be able to do roughly 80 fpe @ max fill for a declining shot string.

Last edited:
It only made 59 fpe at 220 bar...so your reality is still, skewed? The part I was possibly incorrect about is not my calculation, it is quoting the manufacturer based on how much energy it can make...

My calculation is still not incorrect, I said it will make 60 fpe for a couple shots @ a 4,500 psi fill...and it should. Heck if it makes 59 fpe @ 220 bar, it should make A LOT more at 300 bar...

In fact, if it can do 59 fpe @ 220 bar, it should be able to do roughly 80 fpe @ max fill for a declining shot string.
It’s ok to be wrong Matt. How about this: you buy the pistol and prove YOUR point. Mine should be here in a few days. If you’re not going to buy it then these calculations are nothing more than another example of you trying to flex your intelligence while lacking substantial evidence. I’ve OWNED a huben K1 since ‘18 so I know a little bit about this platform. Now if you don’t mind I’d like to keep hearing from actual owners of the pistol. Thanks Stubby

Very preliminary. Got it an hour ago. I adjusted it to 800 fps for JSB Exact .22 cal 15.89. Filled to 4500 psi shot 19 shots, at 3500( i am going to check this some more to make sure that was the ending pressure after 19 shots). Sighted it in at 10 yards. Hopefully I can do this good at 30 yards, that is all I am looking for. The JSB could be a little tighter in the cylinder, I would not mind. The H & N Barracuda 15 too loose. 80 shots so far, no jams. The trigger is fine, the GK1 feels great in my hand & is not heavy at all IMO.

20230816_171808.jpg

20230816_171909.jpg

Last edited:
It’s ok to be wrong Matt. How about this: you buy the pistol and prove YOUR point. Mine should be here in a few days. If you’re not going to buy it then these calculations are nothing more than another example of you trying to flex your intelligence while lacking substantial evidence. I’ve OWNED a huben K1 since ‘18 so I know a little bit about this platform. Now if you don’t mind I’d like to keep hearing from actual owners of the pistol. Thanks Stubby

What am I wrong about again? You're assuming I said it needs a minimum of 4,500 psi fill to make 60 fpe? Because I didn't state that, I stated It can make 60 fpe for some shots at 4500 psi right? That is all I claimed...Idk what your beef is but you need to take a break brother.

Show us your 60 fpe strings...ya know, put up.

-Matt

I‘ve had this pistol less than a week and I already started modifying it. I made an aluminum magazine plate with magnets in it. I countersunk the loading gate M3 X .50 threaded holes to accept flathead screws. I placed the magnets to match up to the screw heads. It works like a charm. I usually seat my pellets but I tried a couple of mags without seating and all the pellets stayed in place. The torx screw on top of the pistol provides a convenient place for the plate to rest while loading pellets. What motivated me to make such a plate was when I realized how accessible the magazine is without the cheapo plastic single feed gate. It was ashame to cover up all that real estate while loading pellets. I first use just M3 set screws flush with block. The magnets held ok’ish but after I installed the flat heads, I can’t shake the block off. Obviously, this a prototype and it was designed on the fly BUT it functions just as I had hoped. A lot of guys have plastic printers that could duplicate this for a fraction of the money. Maybe someone will improve the design and make it available for the masses.
I‘m now thinking of a double barrel pellet pen to load every other hole in the magazine. 4 holes are exposed at a time.

C8143AD9-5023-447B-BB91-01A4FC0FD8B0.jpeg

FF98F804-E534-46DF-94FC-0519D875FD61.jpeg

336840AA-7124-40B3-9B2D-AC8FD6B178C5.jpeg

2A0A5A48-71EE-418E-86C8-5056F03B0F27.jpeg

949C479F-5FE3-490A-A39B-7E49B7498A07.jpeg

C7422B00-0089-496B-A0A7-756250C0BDC2.jpeg

FE7386DD-8C6B-4823-9EE4-D9FAA2EE81EF.jpeg

73F075AE-251A-47BA-BA1B-462AFCC3939F.jpeg

1220B0AF-8EA5-4F84-A079-DDC281D85578.jpeg