• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
I did have several Semi guns in the past, I like them all but after the initial novelty factor I shot them as much as my sidelever guns.

Plan is to max out ( or close to it ) the Huben pistol so not like I will have a ton of shots to play with per fill and I don't shoot my Airguns for targers or plinking anyway.

But again, I will be open to get the aftermarket gate if I find it necessary.

Reactions: Coolhand
I did have several Semi guns in the past, I like them all but after the initial novelty factor I shot them as much as my sidelever guns.

Plan is to max out ( or close to it ) the Huben pistol so not like I will have a ton of shots to play with per fill and I don't shoot my Airguns for targers or plinking anyway.

But again, I will be open to get the aftermarket gate if I find it necessary.
You will have to find one first. They are only made in 22 cal. not 25.

I got two of these - one for 22 and one for the 25 rifle:

Another thing to note is that pellets or slugs need to be pushed into the magazine until they “click” into place, otherwise they are loose in the mag and can cause jams/loss of accuracy. I use a golf tee to push them in until they click and that process is also easier with a gate. Anyone who is going to get one of these should read the (unfortunately huge) “all things Huben K1” thread in the PCP airguns section. As I stated earlier, if the pistol has the same mag and barrel dimensions as the rifles, it will be quite ammo picky. Fortunately, in terms of pellets, the rifles do well with the JSBs in both 22 and 25. However, another quirk is that they all require high speed for accuracy. It’s like a switch flips somewhere in the neighborhood of 920fps. I haven’t seen anything that evaluates the ability of the pistol to shoot accurately - the videos just seem to focus on power. I absolutely love the rifles, now that I understand and can accommodate the quirks, but I need to understand how they translate to the pistol before stumping up the $$$$.

Reactions: Nutcracker
I am hoping from a rest that it will keep most of my shots in 1-inch circle at 30 yards, .22 16 grainers. I intend to hunt tree squirrels with mine and limit myself to 40 yards or less. Been 35 years since I hunted with a pistol. I have taken deer, squirrels, grouse, fox & rabbits PB. But I could see really well then. I am going to put my Leupold 2.5-8x32 pistol scope on it at first, then probably go to a dot for hunting. We will see.

Reactions: Coolhand
The loading is slow and finicky and you can shoot off a mag full in no time. I’m sure that GlennV will modify his gate to work with the pistol if needed.
What I meant is why does it even need the factory gate? Is it to keep dirt out, help keep the pellets in place (that wouldn't be, if the pellets are loose the gate aint helping any)), or to keep my long hair & beard out of the workings? LOL

I am hoping from a rest that it will keep most of my shots in 1-inch circle at 30 yards, .22 16 grainers. I intend to hunt tree squirrels with mine and limit myself to 40 yards or less. Been 35 years since I hunted with a pistol. I have taken deer, squirrels, grouse, fox & rabbits PB. But I could see really well then. I am going to put my Leupold 2.5-8x32 pistol scope on it at first, then probably go to a dot for hunting. We will see.
Hades shoot very well from my 22 and 25 Huben rifles. I haven’t found anything lighter that works. Some people have mentioned CPHPs but they were no good for me.

The gate is needed to keep the pellets in the mag. Once you fire a couple shots, one or two can get loose in the mag and the action could jam from a pellet that is hanging out.

What I meant is why does it even need the factory gate? Is it to keep dirt out, help keep the pellets in place (that wouldn't be, if the pellets are loose the gate aint helping any)), or to keep my long hair & beard out of the workings? LOL
I’m just replacing an oring on my 22 so here’s a pic with the gate off and a pellet hanging out. You can imagine what would happen when it rotates. I don’t think it will prevent squirrels being injected with bits of your beard.
54E8BDF8-2FF1-40D6-836C-031AEBC39841.jpeg

Note that the magazine rotation is a pretty aggressive mechanical action.

Last edited:
Theres a video on Glenn’s classified page that I linked above. The main advantage is that you can load 3 or 4 pellets and then turn the mag. If you look at my pic with the stock gate off on the side, you normally have to depress that middle plastic tab while putting each pellet in and then turn the mag. I use my left thumbnail to press the tab and right hand to push in the pellet. The time doesn’t bother me but rather it’s physically awkward - the tab you press off course wants to spring back, your thumb slips off the tab and the pellets get squished or drop on the ground. I have small slim digits. I guess it’s pretty intolerable with sausages.