• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Got a chance to fit up a Holosun 507k, kind of like the super small footprint. I may have to snag one for the gk1 that doesn't have a buttstock.

View attachment 429955

Andrew (M0ist0ne), I'm interested in purchasing your Huben GK1 Rear Sight Mount - v2 Holosun 407k/507k X2 pattern for my GK1 V1 with a Holosun HS507K X2, but not sure if it will fit. On your site you mention:

" .... this is on newer GK1 blocks - PLEASE SEE PICTURE to verify before purchasing! If your GK1 does not have the front feature that is circled in RED ...."

For the life of me, I cannot see what is 'circled in RED' in any picture :). I also cannot find the 1.5mm plug on my GK1 you mention.

Here is a pic of my GK1. Thanks. Bernie

Huben Pistol GK1 .22.jpg

I have one of those cobra folding stocks.
How did you mount it to the gk1?
I routed the bottom of the grip to accept the grip plug of the Cobra stock. The stock is the Balista version.
There is a little Gorilla tape and zip tie action on the cheek weld to lock the stock in the semi collapsed forward position shown in my photo. This gives a nice stable foregrip. This set up gives me 4 usable shooting configurations.

Last edited:
Andrew (M0ist0ne), I'm interested in purchasing your Huben GK1 Rear Sight Mount - v2 Holosun 407k/507k X2 pattern for my GK1 V1 with a Holosun HS507K X2, but not sure if it will fit. On your site you mention:

" .... this is on newer GK1 blocks - PLEASE SEE PICTURE to verify before purchasing! If your GK1 does not have the front feature that is circled in RED ...."

For the life of me, I cannot see what is 'circled in RED' in any picture :). I also cannot find the 1.5mm plug on my GK1 you mention.

Here is a pic of my GK1. Thanks. Bernie

View attachment 430339
Your particular model does not have the screw for the mount. It is here on some V1 blocks. Here is the video explaining the difference.

Screenshot_20240130-120834~2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: bernieorosz
I have not set this past 34 foot pounds yet, been shooting in my basement to clock the pellets and off-hand at a gong and cans in my yard at 30 yds so 34 is plenty. I am just savoring the experience where it is set. I was sitting there thinking “amazing - it’s not so loud with this tiny little can on the end” and I have to laugh at myself because I know it’s going to be booming when it is opened up a bit

Something just occurred to me… Does the fact that there is no hammer to bounce mean there is no hammer bounce? That’s got to be the stupidest sounding question I’ve ever asked.

Let me rephrase that: is there any phenomenon equivalent to hammer-bounce in the action of this airgun?
You'll be able to hear excessive air after the shot if you're giving it more air than needed to send a particular pellet down range efficiently for basement plinking. Two magazines worth of shots seems to be the sweet spot in .25 caliber with JSB Heavy 34 grain pellets between power, shot count, and waisted air.

is there a patent that keeps other gun manufacturers from using hammerless firing mechanisms? I’m trying to imagine what one of these valves would do in an Air Force condor type platform. Either end up with ridiculous shot counts or unbelievable power I would think.
Considering that the SK-19 exists, as well as the Rattler and Sidewinder, I'd say probably not. They use a very similar hammerless system if I recall correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrP
Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
I routed the bottom of the grip to accept the grip plug of the Cobra stock. The stock is the Balista version.
There is a little Gorilla tape and zip tie action on the cheek weld to lock the stock in the semi collapsed forward position shown in my photo. This gives a nice stable foregrip. This set up gives me 4 usable shooting configurations.
That's awesome. I think I may try it. I have the same exact folding stock on my ballista reverse bat.

Why? It does not make its use better in any way. It also raises the sight height higher from the the barrel center line, which is a sighting issue.

Honestly, probably looks is the main reason, which is not a good reason. But when I hold the pistol and target shoot, I don't think it makes any difference if it's a few inches farther back or not, I'll still miss my targets...lol.

Honestly, probably looks is the main reason, which is not a good reason. But when I hold the pistol and target shoot, I don't think it makes any difference if it's a few inches farther back or not, I'll still miss my targets...lol.
Looks is a perfectly good reason if it works for you.
I like mine at the rear as well. Only because it doesn't look good in the mid area, to MY eye.
Have fun

Reactions: bernieorosz
You have the correct sentiment, even though it's not an air pistol.
I went way overboard on the optics for that thing 😆

I meant that light heartedly as it seems you have taken it (phew!). I just couldn’t figure out what I was looking at… I thought someone had replaced the wood grip with plastic, added that grip to the front and couldn’t tell what the heck had been done to the shroud end. I could tell I was looking at some bolts haha thought someone had just wrecked their gk1

people messing around and tinkering and making these things their own is one of the things that makes the hobby interesting so it is all good

Last edited:
Reactions: RIshooter
I meant that light heartedly as it seems you have taken it (phew!). I just couldn’t figure out what I was looking at… I thought someone had replaced the wood grip with plastic, added that grip to the front and couldn’t tell what the heck had been done to the shroud end. I could tell I was looking at some bolts haha thought someone had just wrecked their gk1

people messing around and tinkering and making these things their own is one of the things that makes the hobby interesting so it is all good
Is there a such thing as too many optics on one gun? Someone should've told me... 😆
Thermal is just for fun because i work so much i never have time to shoot during the day and my mother gets me hot hands for Christmas every year even though i haven't worked outside for 20 years lol. Red dot stays on all the time.
20240130_230507.jpg

Your particular model does not have the screw for the mount. It is here on some V1 blocks. Here is the video explaining the difference.

View attachment 430381
I just purchased the V2 mount from Andrew at Huben3dparts.com I am very impressed with the quality, the detailed clear video on how to install the mount, how solidly it secures the sight, has a clean low profile that looks factory, and it just works great with my Holuson 507C GRx2 green dot with the Vulcan reticle. I highly recommend purchasing their red/green dot mount as it looks so much more cleaner than what I have seen other people do; it looks like a factory part.

They make great parts such as their speed loader which is now designed so you can load 3 pellets quickly not just 2 like others, their and dust cap for the fill port. He is very helpful. I was initially thinking a bit more negatively on 3D parts but I can tell you after mounting it that I see no benefit with a metal part, especially for this application. I also am sporting the 3d printed moderator that Subscriber on the forum designed and was printed by Peter whom is also on the forum. Those are also 3D printed but with quality materials like Andrew so I highly recommend both!

FYI, this one of the limited Holson green dot sights that can be purchased from Amazon. When Holson puts stupid references to night vision compatible, the Amazon algorithm will block the product from being purchased in CA, but if you keep trying there are a good number of red/green dot sights you can buy from CA on Amazon, it all depends on what wording they have used in their description.

gk1 testing.jpg

Last edited: