• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Well damn. I just used my GK1 with the Ares loading gate and a JSB pellet literally fell out while shooting upward. I agree that seating pellets should not be required nor should I be required to use “heavy” pellets.

The picture below shows the issue mid cycle.

er yheView attachment 429551
Yeah, I tried gluing on a small extension to the end which helped to cover the lower chamber pretty good. But when I compared the OA length to my injection molded one from Airgun Tactical, the molded one was still longer than my extended one, and really covers all three holes nicely.
I put the molded one back on, and ordered a second one for my new K1.
I don't seat my pellets in either Huben. No issues. YMMV.
Have fun.

Well I finally after reading this thread and a couple others ordered a GK-1 today from Kelly, my birthday is thursday 2nd day should have it to me by Wednesday night I have a K1 in 22 so got a 22 pistol to go with it have lots of pellets that shoot great out of K1 no reason they wont do the same in the GK-1

Reactions: Nutcracker
Well damn. I just used my GK1 with the Ares loading gate and a JSB pellet literally fell out while shooting upward. I agree that seating pellets should not be required nor should I be required to use “heavy” pellets.

View attachment 429551
You should not have to push the ammo any further in than flush with the rear edge of the magazine. If it isn't quite flush with the back then when you rotate it the skirt will bind a little and jam (so the magazine can't rotate to load any more), and all that is needed is to push it in a bit further. The only ammo I have had a problem with is either too long or the pellets with the pointed dome, because the skirt doesn't hold them back enough and the dome goes forward and hinders cycling.

You should not have to push the ammo any further in than flush with the rear edge of the magazine. If it isn't quite flush with the back then when you rotate it the skirt will bind a little and jam (so the magazine can't rotate to load any more), and all that is needed is to push it in a bit further. The only ammo I have had a problem with is either too long or the pellets with the pointed dome, because the skirt doesn't hold them back enough and the dome goes forward and hinders cycling.

I agree. I rarely seated pellets with my K1 and hope to never seat a pellet with my GK1. I'm a rapid fire blaster, the thought of having to spend time seating every pellet is not appealing. :)

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
Got a chance to fit up a Holosun 507k, kind of like the super small footprint. I may have to snag one for the gk1 that doesn't have a buttstock.

1000011929.jpg

I agree. I rarely seated pellets with my K1 and hope to never seat a pellet with my GK1. I'm a rapid fire blaster, the thought of having to spend time seating every pellet is not appealing. :)
JSB MKII .25 pellets do not need any help seating flush with the back of the magazine, so you'll simply put them in and be able to blast away. If you run the speeds around 650 fps you'll get two full magazine/reloads per fill and a reasonable amount of blasting between fills.

Last edited:
I have not set this past 34 foot pounds yet, been shooting in my basement to clock the pellets and off-hand at a gong and cans in my yard at 30 yds so 34 is plenty. I am just savoring the experience where it is set. I was sitting there thinking “amazing - it’s not so loud with this tiny little can on the end” and I have to laugh at myself because I know it’s going to be booming when it is opened up a bit

Something just occurred to me… Does the fact that there is no hammer to bounce mean there is no hammer bounce? That’s got to be the stupidest sounding question I’ve ever asked.

Let me rephrase that: is there any phenomenon equivalent to hammer-bounce in the action of this airgun?

View attachment 429551

That woldn't happen to you if you used my crappy 3D loading gate alternative instead:

No bolts needed, no small parts. I wonder why Huben and Ares have chosen those designs with small pins when the easyest and most elegant solution is just hold the thing against the the cilinder itself. ****... I even think 1.5 bucks is ripping people, that why I added the moderator, plus a free download to correct the factory masaligned treads. Seeing that the flawed Ares gate sells at 40 bucks, and the Huben one that is just a 3D print at 25 makes me scratch my head... why people pay that for a piece of plastic? you can even make something better out of junk, no 3d printer needed.

If you don't have acces to a 3D printer, you can just drill a piece of plastic, aluminium or junk molded to cover that incomprehensive gap, and use the same bolt to hold it in place so pellets won't fall of anymore.

IMG_20240112_001501.jpg

IMG_20240112_001637.jpg

Such beauty.

I have not set this past 34 foot pounds yet, been shooting in my basement to clock the pellets and off-hand at a gong and cans in my yard at 30 yds so 34 is plenty. I am just savoring the experience where it is set. I was sitting there thinking “amazing - it’s not so loud with this tiny little can on the end” and I have to laugh at myself because I know it’s going to be booming when it is opened up a bit

Something just occurred to me… Does the fact that there is no hammer to bounce mean there is no hammer bounce? That’s got to be the stupidest sounding question I’ve ever asked.

Let me rephrase that: is there any phenomenon equivalent to hammer-bounce in the action of this airgun?
by the many videos on youtube i believe not

Reactions: MrP

No, but it might be the case that the valve is still open after the projectile has left the barrel, which would waste air (if set to too high power).

Last edited:

No question asked is stupid unless it is asked twice. I suggest you carefully review Greg's youtube videos on both the K1 and GK1 pistol. They are very informative on the operation of this gun. You unfortunately are not alone with your lack of knowledge.

Reactions: DonEnzone

I have mine set at 60fpe, it pretty much sounds like a regular gun lol

Reactions: bmr4life
No question asked is stupid unless it is asked twice. I suggest you carefully review Greg's youtube videos on both the K1 and GK1 pistol. They are very informative on the operation of this gun. You unfortunately are not alone with your lack of knowledge.
Well, you gotta start somewhere - I’ve checked out a couple of those videos, so nice that people take the time to make things like this

I have mine set at 60fpe, it pretty much sounds like a regular gun lol
is there a patent that keeps other gun manufacturers from using hammerless firing mechanisms? I’m trying to imagine what one of these valves would do in an Air Force condor type platform. Either end up with ridiculous shot counts or unbelievable power I would think.

Last edited: