• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
.... It was hard get a shot count with all their happy trigger finger triple and quad + taps, but it seems like it has a 17 shot mag. Did anyone else come up with a different number? I actually thought is was going to be 19.

The .22 cal huben k1 rifle holds 19 and the .25 cal holds 17. Id bet these will be the same.

I own both. Will be hard to resist one of these in .25

Reactions: Stackofhay
Will be hard to resist one of these in .25

Yes, that's the comment that helps me decide:

😊 So, yes, again I'm trying to justify spending the considerable cash on this marvel... — so please help me to understand:

[Question for all, not just Asher:]
❓ Why would you choose a certain caliber with this particular gun?
What's the "use" — or the "motivation" — or.....?

Thanks, 👍🏼

Matthias

Ok my man I try answer since those are good question,

First of all let me say I'm way more of a pistol shooter then a rifle man,

Ever since getting into PCPs I've been on a quest for "MY"pistol

So lets go back a minute, in my mind a pistol has to be open sights, revolver or semi auto.......and short.

gone through a ton of pistol and the 6 Shoter Evanix AR6 has been the closest but it's big, very rop heavy and .22 max

So .25 for me to carry when schouting for possible shot at a pig

😊 So, yes, again I'm trying to justify spending the considerable cash on this marvel... — so please help me to understand:

Thanks, 👍🏼

Matthias
Good question, but be very careful what you state, as it proves intent in a court case. Why .25 over a smaller caliber? The answer is simple, it's energy. It would be great if we could move these pellets or slugs at greater velocity, but we cannot because of available air pressure. It is simple physics. The only way to increase energy with a PCP gun is to increase mass. Depending on your intent perhaps larger is better.

Remember this is a pistol. Pistols are preferred for short distances, so the most common argument is maximum energy at short distance, therefore in this case, regulation is NOT required nor wanted.

Thanks, 👍🏼

Matthias
I just love hubens. Was the first air gun I ever fell in love with and is still my favorite. Just checks lots of boxes for me

Good question, but be very careful what you state, as it proves intent in a court case. Why .25 over a smaller caliber? The answer is simple, it's energy. It would be great if we could move these pellets or slugs at greater velocity, but we cannot because of available air pressure. It is simple physics. The only way to increase energy with a PCP gun is to increase mass. Depending on your intent perhaps larger is better.

Remember this is a pistol. Pistols are preferred for short distances, so the most common argument is maximum energy at short distance, therefore in this case, regulation is NOT required nor wanted.
No offense but you’re over thinking it Steve. Agencies like the Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms agency are more likely to come after the suppressor that’s on the muzzle of a huben pistol rather than caring about how much more power can be yielded from a .25 huben pistol vs a .22.

I know a lot of guys like living in LA LA land but the same devices we use are sought after by some of the most hardened and intelligent criminals who are masters of leaving no trail behind, thus they rarely get caught. Suppressors are just another tool to help them stay low key. Now I know what some of you are thinking, “airgun suppressors aren’t strong enough…”. All they have to do is work ONCE to be considered illegal.

However, I’m 99% sure if an airgunner gets wrapped up by an agency for having one of these suppressors they would not be convicted because the prosecutor would have a tough time proving intent. But it sure as hell would be one of the biggest headaches in that airgunners life. And the only winner is the lawyer who’s gonna take you for a large chunk of savings.

*I doubt they would care about 3d printed suppressors as they give the impression of a toy but these aluminum suppressors are another story

Last edited:
First of all let me say I'm way more of a pistol shooter then a rifle man,

Ever since getting into PCPs I've been on a quest for "MY"pistol… So .25 for me to carry when schouting for possible shot at a pig
@Nomadic Pirate 66 I knew it and I’m waiting to see this.

I can now say that I can definitely use one. I had a great opportunity to put some fur down last night that was too close for a rifle shot.

I think you missed the mark.
I’m pretty sure Manny is either eating the meat or donates it. It’d be a damn shame to let all that pork go to waste. Either way, I don’t think hunting for sport is wrong. It taps into a deep rooted instinct we have developed over tens of thousands of years. An instinct that is all but gone amongst the new generations. I kill pests and leave the corpse for the scavengers. Depending on location the clean up crew will have it gone before the sunrises. When I make a well placed shot that results in instant lights out it is very satisfying. If that bothers you then you most likely weren’t built to be a hunter, which is fine. The world needs other skills too.

As for the energy aspect drawing the attention from the govt agencies I don’t see it. Felons can LEGALLY(according to federal law) purchase double action RF revolvers that were built before 1899. From .22-.44 I believe. If those are still able to be bought I don’t see them coming for the huben pistol that isn’t even as strong as a lowly .25 acp

Well, well for all those that where asking fot the threaded version;

Just got an E-mail following my Pre-order and now they are coming with the thread
Which shop did you do your pre-order from?

I see that on NEAG they now offer a drop down to select which option you want, (i.e.: 1/2 x 20 or none). It also hasn't been decided if an adapter will be offered along with a GK1 purchase.

Which shop did you do your pre-order from?

I see that on NEAG they now offer a drop down to select which option you want, (i.e.: 1/2 x 20 or none). It also hasn't been decided if an adapter will be offered along with a GK1 purchase.
New England,

the Email says that they just want to know what you choose so they can try sell you an LDC :ROFLMAO:

........"Good morning everyone,
We sent an email about an Evanix Viper Update, please disregard that email as it was sent in error. The email WAS regarding the Huben GK1.

Good morning,
After talking with the manufacturer, we have confirmed that the pistol will come with a 1/2 x 20" thread, allowing you to equip a moderator (for example, we carry: Evanix, DonnyFL, 0Db, and possibly Huben). At this time, we do not have an availability date, though we know they ARE currently in manufacturing. We are reaching out to all of those who have pre-ordered to confirm what version you really wanted.We understand that some of you may be confused since the gun coming is threaded, but it will assist us in determining those who would like to add a moderator to their order at the time of finalization. Please send us your reply via email or by giving us a call. We thank you for your patience and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kahlan"

Reactions: Coolhand
Alrighty. Gregor has put out a video of Francisco of www.hubenairguns.shop in Spain getting some range time with the GK1!

Here are some bullet points in my takeaway from the video:

> As can be seen in the video, Francisco was shooting a .25 caliber GK1, using 33grain slugs. Not clear if he said "Zan" or "some" due to his accent.
> Gregor posted his analysis of the chrono findings in the video, indicating it averaged 39 FPE, with a high of 44 FPE, averaging 728 fps.
> From what I could gather, that the power setting was set at an optimal setting, balancing power, high shot count and a flat velocity curve.
>> If this is the case, it sounds like there is more room to crank it up and achieve a higher FPE, while sacrificing shot count and a flat velocity curve.
> I'm "guessing" with heavier ammo, maybe 60 FPE that Gregor got with his GK1 prototype may be achieved. If so, that would be awesome!
> Delivery time of 2 to 3 months wasn't very pleasing to hear, but we'll have to see. Hopefully the June target date is still in play.

New England,

the Email says that they just want to know what you choose so they can try sell you an LDC :ROFLMAO:

........"Good morning everyone,
We sent an email about an Evanix Viper Update, please disregard that email as it was sent in error. The email WAS regarding the Huben GK1.

Good morning,
After talking with the manufacturer, we have confirmed that the pistol will come with a 1/2 x 20" thread, allowing you to equip a moderator (for example, we carry: Evanix, DonnyFL, 0Db, and possibly Huben). At this time, we do not have an availability date, though we know they ARE currently in manufacturing. We are reaching out to all of those who have pre-ordered to confirm what version you really wanted.We understand that some of you may be confused since the gun coming is threaded, but it will assist us in determining those who would like to add a moderator to their order at the time of finalization. Please send us your reply via email or by giving us a call. We thank you for your patience and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kahlan"
“We are reaching out to see what version you really wanted”. “… the gun coming is threaded”.
Yes I personally found the email confusing, but as far as I can tell it definitely looks like an attempt at an up sell. Not saying that I blame them for trying, but it could have been done in a way far less confusing.

I'm definitely gonna power it up since all I really want is 10 shots max, and the first pellet I'll try is going to be the 43gr EunJin
Indeed!

I just happen to have some of those (Eujin's) that I've never used due to their length not fitting any of my .25 mag's. I wonder if they will fit without any issues. Although they are pretty light, I'd bet the Hornets will penetrate well. I'd like to see about scoring some of those 48 grain Huben slugs Gregor used to hit his 60 fpe mark. I not sure if he made them or where he got them?