• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Huben Huben pistol maintenance, modifications, tips and tricks...

Here's a thread for everyone to share their maintenance, modifications, tips and tricks on the Huben GK1 pistol.

Screenshot_20231208-031932.png

With the stories about the lever breaking when snapping closed on some folks, I like to keep the lever's pins and cam nice and lubed so it operates smooth when I roll it up and back down. With the lever up, you can see the cam exposed by looking back through the magazine. I use wood toothpicks to apply lube down through there and onto the cam face also. There is more of the cam exposed if you want to take off the grip and get at it that way.

The grip was a little bit fat on the palm side, so I filed and sanded it parallel with the finger side. Then I stripped the finish and gave it a couple coats of oil based walnut stain to darken it up, and finished it up with some Howard Feed-n-Wax for now. It's much more comfortable like this.

Screenshot_20231208-032646.png

For cleaning the Huben Pistol GK1, there are already a few excellent methods detailed in this forum.

For another alternative, here a a video that Kelly at Kraz Cool Airguns made for me when I had my K1's. He said the same method can also be used for the Huben Pistol GK1. He suggested using a carbon fiber cleaning rod with the plastic cleaning rod slotted ends to be on the safe side. On the cleaning rod, measure the distance from magazine to end of shroud. Then put some tape on it so you don't insert rod into the magazine. For cleaning fluid, he likes HOPPE'S No. 9 and only puts a few drops on the pads. I've used this method, and it worked fine on my GK1.

Kraz Cool Airguns - How To Clean Huben Barrel.mov

Last edited:
The fill probe was a bit rough and had some drag resistance into and out of the port if not exactly straight. Using 400 grit fine wet/dry sandpaper, a drill, masking tape (to wrap the end of the probe to be chucked up in the drill), polish up the rough fill probe until it shines. The chucked end was done too, but not as nicely polished where it didn't seal. Clean the port hole well so abrasive contaminants don't go into the air cylinder and reinstall the o-rings.

IMG_20231213_205918813~2.jpg

For cleaning the Huben Pistol GK1, there are already a few excellent methods detailed in this forum.

For another alternative, here a a video that Kelly at Kraz Cool Airguns made for me when I had my K1's. He said the same method can also be used for the Huben Pistol GK1. He suggested using a carbon fiber cleaning rod with the plastic cleaning rod slotted ends to be on the safe side. On the cleaning rod, measure the distance from magazine to end of shroud. Then put some tape on it so you don't insert rod into the magazine. For cleaning fluid, he likes HOPPE'S No. 9 and only puts a few drops on the pads. I've used this method, and it worked fine on my GK1.

Kraz Cool Airguns - How To Clean mHuben Barrel.mov
I just seen your post Bernie. Kelly is my "home boy" here in Missouri, but we live 350+ miles apart. I just got a .25 K1 from him. Since the day I held my GK1 I knew it was time to "pull the trigger" on a K1. I've watched the rifle for several years and it's to the point now to where I felt good about it. I have a semi ,the Hatsan Invader but it's a long gun and it's a Hatsan so it weighs a ton. Kelly is damn good people for sure and knows his stuff too

David