Huben Huben pistol in da house,....a long term review. Now with pictures.

I ordered from airgun tactical. Hopefully there good like all the other companies im hearing.
Once I get the platform and measurements I will start modling up a carbine platform for mine with the cnc machine i have available.
If someone measurement diagram with model I can start sooner at the gun/machine shop I have available

I believe it takes 2200⁰F to start titanium melting. I know if you mix titanium dioxide (paint coloring) and thermite it will melt and form a billet of pure titanium. Thermite burns pretty damn hot.
Anything less than that shouldn't really affect it. It's in the same family as aluminum, but doesn't react the same way.
That's settled then, I will wrap it black......thanks

Reactions: dv8eod
That's settled then, I will wrap it black......thanks
It does need to be this thinner wrap material. The thicker carbon wrap would interfere with the shroud and cylinder clearance once fitted back together, lifting the front of the barrel when aired up. I couldn't get two layers of clear box tape in between them without pushing the shroud and barrel up with the cylinder.

It does need to be this thinner wrap material. The thicker carbon wrap would interfere with the shroud and cylinder clearance once fitted back together, lifting the front of the barrel when aired up. I couldn't get two layers of clear box tape in between them without pushing the shroud and barrel up with the cylinder.
Well, I have 3 options :

Full wrap if it's thin enough,

end the wrap at the shroud if it's to thick,

or remove the original wrap but I see no seem to start unwrap it.

I see you are making/modifying the grip fit you. How's that coming along? I worked the hump off the back on mine. It's nice that Huben left a bunch of wood there to work with.
Yeah I've seen your and I like what you did, I'm going in a different direction but similar in a way and I'm almost done shaping but at the moment I don't want to put the pistol down for a couple days for painting

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
Yeah I've seen your and I like what you did, I'm going in a different direction but similar in a way and I'm almost done shaping but at the moment I don't want to put the pistol down for a couple days for painting
I am with you there; I did not want to put it down for the day it took to set the stain and oils into the wood.

So a couple minor things I don't like about the gun, really minor.

And I did something about it,

I dislike lips at the bottom of pistol grips so I knocked it off, also not a fan of wooden grips on this type of gun so I painted it black ( eventually will paint with Rustoleum Truckbed lining )

Didn't like the new style wrap on the airtube so did a matte black wrap for it.

so here is the Nomad Huben Pistol :

SAM_0004.JPG
SAM_0003.JPG

Today I will be taking my Caldwell Chonograph to the property I work at so I will be able to take speed reading of the pistol in the months to come, .....I'm very curious what the reading will be at my current setting, all I know is that I often get pass throughs or close to it with the MK IIs on the 2X6s I use to set my targets on.

Last edited:
So let's talk about how we carry this wonderful pistol that Huben gave us

SAM_0013.JPG

First of all it's only fair to give a shout out to @Legionair that makes a great leather holster, eventually I will get me one but for the moment I need to curb my spending so lets look what I have in house that works.

Your standard Molle pistol holster works real well

SAM_0005.JPG

Then this UTG holster really fits the gun well, I have this set up for messanger/cross chest carry

SAM_0006.JPG

And then the fanny pack, I was surprised when this worked and it's great to carry cross chest when Biking or times when you don't want to use a holster

SAM_0008.JPG

SAM_0009.JPG

SAM_0011.JPG

SAM_0010.JPG