Huben Huben pistol ammo choice.

I have used the 21.53 JTS exclusively in my GK1.22 since It was new. They fit snugly & shoot great. So I bought a few tins of JTS 26 grain .25 for my GK1 .25. They don't fit as snug. The JSB Kings fit nice & snug. Just saying.
Good to know thanks for the info I was contemplating to get some,......I'm super happy with the EunJin 43gr but I'm thinking to order some 38gr Nielsen .254

I have used the 21.53 JTS exclusively in my GK1.22 since It was new. They fit snugly & shoot great. So I bought a few tins of JTS 26 grain .25 for my GK1 .25. They don't fit as snug. The JSB Kings fit nice & snug. Just saying.

Thanks, that is good to know. For my GK1 25 I am using the JSB Exact 25 and 33.9 grain pellets and they seem to be working well.

Right now I am shooting them both at 800 FPS with pretty good shot strings. What have any others found to be the sweet spot for FPS with the .25 GK1 as far as pellets, especially the JSB .25 pellets?

Reactions: Nutcracker
I have both a V1 and a V3 in .25 cal. I shoot only JSB pellets in both. I tune for 720 FPS. The pellets are retained in the GK1 in both versions by the small chamfer at the rear of the magazine bores. The bores are exactly .250" in diameter. The skirt diameter of the JSB pellet is .260". It is the chamfer that locates the pellet skirt and retains the pellet in position. Both the 25 gr and the 34 gr pellets shoot perfectly. I hold a 1" group at 25 meters with both pellet sizes. I prefer the 25 gr pellets because I shoot at shorter distances and do not require nor want excessive energy for damage reasons and because a tin of JSB pellets cost the same in both sizes, the 25 gr pellets are less expensive because there are 350 in a tin as opposed to 300 in the 34 gr size. I shoot a lot and I like to save money when I can.

I have both a V1 and a V3 in .25 cal. I shoot only JSB pellets in both. I tune for 720 FPS. The pellets are retained in the GK1 in both versions by the small chamfer at the rear of the magazine bores. The bores are exactly .250" in diameter. The skirt diameter of the JSB pellet is .260". It is the chamfer that locates the pellet skirt and retains the pellet in position. Both the 25 gr and the 34 gr pellets shoot perfectly. I hold a 1" group at 25 meters with both pellet sizes. I prefer the 25 gr pellets because I shoot at shorter distances and do not require nor want excessive energy for damage reasons and because a tin of JSB pellets cost the same in both sizes, the 25 gr pellets are less expensive because there are 350 in a tin as opposed to 300 in the 34 gr size. I shoot a lot and I like to save money when I can.
I have not filled mine exactly to 4500 PSI more like 4000 and at 800 FPS in the 25 grain JSB's I get a very flat string over 17 shots and have not had time to see how many more I get before it drops off. With the 33.9 grain JSB's I get a fairly flat string to about the full mag but on the last shot it starts to drop off but it does not look like there is enough pressure to go further without dropping FPS? I was wondering if I go for a 4500 PSI fill if things improve, since this design uses less air when it is at higher pressure?

Reactions: Bandito
Finally got the new pin for my .254 die so I can make round nose slugs at a much faster rate than I could the hollow point version. When 10.9mm long they weigh 46.5 grains. The gk1 can fit 11mm ones which would weigh slightly more, but I made these to test in the rifle too and it only fits 10.9mm. I already shot a few out of the gk1 and they seem as or more accurate than the hollow point version. Will try for some groups with both the rifle and pistol to see how they do. Since I have a rest and scope on the rifle I expect those results to be more informative but I'll do what I can with the gk1. So far I can say I was hitting can and bottle sized targets at 50 yards with the iron sights so good enough for me at least.

20240207_104620.jpg

Will you be selling the round nose ?
If people want them yes. That's a big part of why i wanted the pin to make them round nose. It lets me make many more per hour than I can the hollow points thus I can offer them at a reasonable price for my time. I can still swap out the pin and make the hollow point versions which also weigh more. If people really want those I can but will want more $ as they are more of a pain and use a bit more lead.

Also, these were made with lead I got from corbin which is much cleaner than what I had gotten from NSA. Makes prettier, more consistent and smoother slugs. Unclear if Corbin will continue to match NSA's price though, and crown metals lead is good as well but they don't respond to me consistently

I'm partnering with Kelly doing a little side hustle selling swaged slugs I make. He sold out 2500 in one day. They were .2225 diameter, 39.66 grain, 10.9mm long, pure lead, hand swaged. I plan to make some more as well as some 25s but I've been working too much at my regular job to make much progress. Hopefully that will change soonView attachment 394702
Hey asher, those look incredible! They should work awesome for the .22 huben k1 as well! Let me know when you plan to make more, ill happily grab 2000-3000 off your hands haha

Weather was crud. Gusty wind. Here is @ 50 yards with the rifle
1000007963.jpg

And this was at 15 yards with a bag rest and just iron sights with the gk1. I can not complain. At even just 15 yards, the green circle looked to be about as big as the front sight dot. I imagine it would be pretty much a ragged hole if you use an optic. Overall I am happy
1000007962.jpg

Hey asher, those look incredible! They should work awesome for the .22 huben k1 as well! Let me know when you plan to make more, ill happily grab 2000-3000 off your hands haha
Yeah I have a .22 k1 and they do pretty well. I just made about 1000 for myself the other day. Message me if you're interested in some

Yeah I have a .22 k1 and they do pretty well. I just made about 1000 for myself the other day. Message me if you're interested in some
I don’t think I posted earlier (forgive me) but your .2225 40.5grain shot very well from the 22 pistol, making 71fpe at full power!

My sense is that all slugs that fit well, shoot well from the GK1. I suspect that’s because there are little to no harmonics from the very short tensioned barrel. It’s way less fussy than the K1.

I’ll also add that my transaction with Asher was great and the goodies arrived quickly with exemplary packaging.

I don’t think I posted earlier (forgive me) but your .2225 40.5grain shot very well from the 22 pistol, making 71fpe at full power!

My sense is that all slugs that fit well, shoot well from the GK1. I suspect that’s because there are little to no harmonics from the very short tensioned barrel. It’s way less fussy than the K1.

I’ll also add that my transaction with Asher was great and the goodies arrived quickly with exemplary packaging.
Did your k1 like them too?

Finally got the new pin for my .254 die so I can make round nose slugs at a much faster rate than I could the hollow point version. When 10.9mm long they weigh 46.5 grains. The gk1 can fit 11mm ones which would weigh slightly more, but I made these to test in the rifle too and it only fits 10.9mm. I already shot a few out of the gk1 and they seem as or more accurate than the hollow point version. Will try for some groups with both the rifle and pistol to see how they do. Since I have a rest and scope on the rifle I expect those results to be more informative but I'll do what I can with the gk1. So far I can say I was hitting can and bottle sized targets at 50 yards with the iron sights so good enough for me at least.

View attachment 433116
Can you give me more info on the hardware you're using, please?

GTO Predator .25 16.54 grain 920 fps 40 yards. 12-shot group. I had one of my stocks on it & from the bench. The stock was only connected behind the receiver. If it was connected to the bottom of the grip, too, I think the height of the group would been less. At 1050, groups were bad; at 980, they were not really good; at 960, they were getting better. At 920, good enough for anything I intend to do. Got to order some more fresh out. There are no jams at all today using the factory gate.
20240225_160626.jpg

GTO Predator .25 16.54 grain 920 fps 40 yards. 12-shot group. I had one of my stocks on it & from the bench. The stock was only connected behind the receiver. If it was connected to the bottom of the grip, too, I think the height of the group would been less. At 1050, groups were bad; at 980, they were not really good; at 960, they were getting better. At 920, good enough for anything I intend to do. Got to order some more fresh out. There are no jams at all today using the factory gate.
View attachment 439354
Looks like they work! If you’ve been shooting lead, cleaning the barrel should help.