Huben K1

I only know what I read but it seems like the Huben is not a target rifle but it is a very powerful and versatile informal target shooting or hunting air rifle. It is also difficult to clean, however. I saw some posts by an owner that said he takes the magazine and barrel out of the gun in a unit in about 5 minutes and then removes the guts of the magazine to gain access to the back of the barrel to clean it. That's the most hopeful thing I've seen. The other idea is to clean from the muzzle which can damage the barrel. The design and versatility of the gun are very interesting.

I’ve owned a huben for 3 years now. Love it so much I bought another one. 

Pros: 

1) Allows for fine tuning via power wheel and regulator

2) Versatility - can be tuned into a 12 ft lb barn shooter to a 100 ft lb slug gun 

3) Build quality is high end

4) Reliable- unless you get a creeping regulator. Other than that I haven’t had a leak, jam, or misfire in 3 years

5) Hi-cap mag - 19 in .22 and 17 in .25

6) Very accurate with JSBs. On par with other high end rifles

7) Lightweight

8) Comfortable ergonomics

9) Trigger is one of the best semi auto triggers and can be adjusted

10) No need to buy aftermarket LDC. It’s very quiet with the stock baffle system even at high power

Cons:

1) Non-removable mag

2) Not as safe as bolt action guns. As soon as you air it up the gun is cocked and ready to shoot. Could pose a risk if the gun somehow discharged while it was loaded when you weren’t expecting it. I’ve never had the gun do that nor has the safety on the gun failed. 

3) Not as precise as a redwolf or other similar rifles

I’ve owned a huben for 3 years now. Love it so much I bought another one. 

Pros: 

1) Allows for fine tuning via power wheel and regulator

2) Versatility - can be tuned into a 12 ft lb barn shooter to a 100 ft lb slug gun 

3) Build quality is high end

4) Reliable- unless you get a creeping regulator. Other than that I haven’t had a leak, jam, or misfire in 3 years

5) Hi-cap mag - 19 in .22 and 17 in .25

6) Very accurate with JSBs. On par with other high end rifles

7) Lightweight

8) Comfortable ergonomics

9) Trigger is one of the best semi auto triggers and can be adjusted

10) No need to buy aftermarket LDC. It’s very quiet with the stock baffle system even at high power

Cons:

1) Non-removable mag

2) Not as safe as bolt action guns. As soon as you air it up the gun is cocked and ready to shoot. Could pose a risk if the gun somehow discharged while it was loaded when you weren’t expecting it. I’ve never had the gun do that nor has the safety on the gun failed. 

3) Not as precise as a redwolf or other similar rifles

I pretty much have to agree with all of the above. With respect to point 3 in the cons, I would say that it is, on average, as accurate/precise as any of the high end semi-auto guns. However he is right that the edge does go to the high end bolt guns like the Redwolf, Impact, etc. for pure accuracy.

Reactions: Hornclayton
I think they are great guns. The responses have pretty well covered the pros and cons. One more con, if you have a moustache it will pull a few hairs out. The fixed magazine is a blessing in disguise as it slows down your pellet consumption. I've got 3 of them a .25 2018 model I bought gently used to explore the platform. The other two a a .22 2021 and a 2020 .22 moded to .177. If I could mod one to .30 I'd go ahead with that project. It's as close to being a fan boy for a rifle platform. I think you'll throughly enjoy it.

Hello,
I recently acquired a 2022 Huben K1 and don't have a chronograph.
I wanted to know if you could give me advice on mpa/click settings and light pellets to shoot from 54 yards to 76 yards.
Any advice will be welcome. :)
Cordially
Kraz Cool has stated that in .22 caliber with 17.7 twist barrel shooting the 25.4 redesign should be 16 MPA and speed about 920-930 (not sure on click value for hammer, because it will be slightly different in each environment/altitude). I don't have experience with Huben in 25 cal.

Reactions: ISP- Harry
I am thinking of getting the huben K1 in .25 a 2021 model with a rifled magazine does anyone have any pros or cons?
I have one it’s awesome I use it for coons and wood chucks I’m shooting AVS slugs 42 gr 254 di flat base at 970fps and i t smokes um! I got it at New England Airguns ask for John he knows the gun well.
Jim

Reactions: RANGER94
Bonjour,
J'ai un huben cal.22 de 2022 et contrairement à la dizaine de personnes qui en disent du bien, je le trouve très cher pour ce que c'est, c'est à dire une excellente carabine à air plinking.
Quant à la précision de la cible, n'y pensez même pas, Air Venturi Avenger fait mieux.
Ce que je reproche au huben :
-Si vous n'êtes pas un bon mécanicien d'armes à air comprimé, croisez les doigts pour que celui que vous recevez soit impeccable.
-Sérieux manque de polivanlence au niveau des munitions, j'ai essayé toutes les plombs pendant 6 mois et c'est maintenant qu'on me dit que ça ne marche qu'avec JSB.
-Même avec du JSB 18gr ou 25gr je ne peux rien faire avec.
-il lui faudrait des munitions en 220 voir 221 donc assez rare donc cher...

Je pense que pour le fun un hastan blitz c'est plus le cas pour moins et avec le full shot en plus. Et pour la précision un FX, Dayaste..

Pourquoi une leshy ?