Huben K1 Slug Recommendations for .22 & .25 calibres?

wondering have you tried any heavier zans in your .25 Huben:
38g .253
41g .250
Not yet I have no need for heavier ones, I’ll probably eventually try them, I really don’t want to get into the slug craze again like I did when I had my impacts, I mainly shoot 75yds and less and pellets work just fine for me

I shoot .2225 diameter, 40.8 grain slugs from my 2018 .22 huben. They do pretty well out to 75ish yards, leaving something to be desired at 100. In my 2021 .25 huben I shoot .254 diameter, 48 grain slugs. They are comparably accurate with my .22, maybe slightly better. I tested the zan .253s, they didn't do as well as .254s, which were AVS flat base. NSA .250s were terrible.

The ones I make now I swage myself.

Acording to John at New England Air Guns, Huben has always used the same barrel it is using now in new Huben K1s, except for 2019 when it used the Lother Walther Barrels, which were choked and did not shoot slugs well. John asked me to help spread the word that there's not different barrels for different years except the 2019. Huben except 2019s shoot both slugs and pellets extremely well!!!
Ken

Reactions: gendoc
Acording to John at New England Air Guns, Huben has always used the same barrel it is using now in new Huben K1s, except for 2019 when it used the Lother Walther Barrels, which were choked and did not shoot slugs well. John asked me to help spread the word that there's not different barrels for different years except the 2019. Huben except 2019s shoot both slugs and pellets extremely well!!!
Ken
I don't know what to say, other than I know that at least some 2018 Hubens had LW barrels. I have one from then in my 2021 Huben, as I bought it from Kelly at KRAZCool to shoot pellets better than my 2021 barrel does. He had the serial number of the gun it came from, and it was definitely 2018 - I bought the barrel and the magazine as a matched set, as they had come out of a gun that he had made custom TJ barrel and magzines for. I remember that Kelly told me at the time that the 2020 and up barrels were not the same as the original barrels that pre-dated the use of LWs, so that would indicated three different barrels over time. It might have been made by the same company, but there was at least something different about it. But either way, the LW was definately used for at least part of 2018.